• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi ! I have some questions related to my case as I have been waiting about a month since my package was delivered (08/02) and there's no update(text message, email or mail) from the lockbox(Chicago) center. Is there anything I can do at this point ? Please guide me, thanks !
You can email lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov if more than 30 business days have passed since the U.S. Postal Service or other delivery service (such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL)
confirmed delivery to a USCIS Lockbox, and USCIS has not cashed your filing fee check(s)/money order or has not processed
your credit card payment.

You can email lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov if more than 30 business days have passed since the U.S. Postal Service or other delivery service (such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL)
confirmed delivery to a USCIS Lockbox, and USCIS has not cashed your filing fee check(s)/money order or has not processed
your credit card payment.
Thank you for your prompt response. The package was delivered with usps. Will email them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240826_223507_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240826_223507_Chrome.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 17
Thank you for your prompt response. The package was delivered with usps. Will email them.
Yeah, you can do that. But be aware, today makes it 13, or at most 14 business days though since package delivery, and not 30 business days.

My package was delivered on 7/19 (Lockbox in Elgin), I was trying to contact them in different ways, but all of them were unsuccessful. My card was finally credited 08/24 and this is all I have so far.

Dear Mom,

I received a letter that I’m scheduled for an interview on September 18th (I will update the timeline soon). Do you think that’s too late? I’m a bit concerned about the visa exhaustion and the possibility of the 55,000 green cards being used up. What do you think?
Hey just wondering what your field office is if you don't mind me asking?

08/20 - Sent email and forms to congressman.
08/23 - Congressman replied that inquiry is initiated.
08/23 - USCIS status was updated to Fingerprints Were Taken.
08/27 - Got an interview invitation email for 09/03.
Hi, Can you please provide the content of the email and forms that you mentioned ?

A USCIS newly released Alert has clarified the ambiguity surrounding eligibility to file for AOS during the 60 day grace period for F/M students status holder (I recall discussing the ambiguity surrounding this not too long ago with a selectee) - While this is good news for future selectees who may find themselves in a similar position, maintaining a valid on-going status during the AOS process is highly recommended though, as this enables one to have a fall back status in case the AOS process is not successfully completed before the end of the FY:

During the 60-day grace period following an authorized period of post-completion of OPT, students may change their education level, transfer to another SEVP-certified school, or file an application or petition with USCIS to change to another nonimmigrant or immigrant status.

Hi, Can you please provide the content of the email and forms that you mentioned ?
First, find your representative on this site(house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative) and proceed to the representative's web site. There, on services dropdown select Help with a federal agency. I don't know how sites of other reps look like but I just followed the instructions on that page. Completed Online privacy release form by clicking the link on that page. Explained the situation, attached the form and NOA to the email and sent it.

Hi Mom! You were right when you suggested not to make any inquiry for my case 24xxx. No one from congressman called me, either representatives, which I sent a request too. Also I made an inquiry to USCIS to find why is my case still be at NBC. the answer from agent was that they will call me at the end of September and probably will deny it. Because I should not do any request to USCIS. This request is very harmful to my case. That is it.

Hi Mom! You were right when you suggested not to make any inquiry for my case 24xxx. No one from congressman called me, either representatives, which I sent a request too. Also I made an inquiry to USCIS to find why is my case still be at NBC. the answer from agent was that they will call me at the end of September and probably will deny it. Because I should not do any request to USCIS. This request is very harmful to my case. That is it.
I actually don't recall asking you to not make "any" inquiry regarding your case. You initiating 2 congressional inquiries (both house of rep and senatorial more or less at the same time) was what I called out as that was too early a move to make IMHO. It's like a misused opportunity. I've also explained over and over that folks should stop stressing about being told their case file is at the NBC as this is often not accurate, but some insist on asking USCIS about this, or keep asking them why is their case file still at the NBC, like you did - which is why I no longer respond to any message on this thread reporting about being told their case file is still at the NBC.

Anyways, the agent you spoke with was tripping. USCIS has never denied any case AFAIK simply because an applicant is making an enquiry about the case. You just need to exercise some patience at this point. And while doing so, compare your case progress with similar ones from your FO, like I already told you - this will give you a better idea as to if your case is outside of what could be deemed a normal process time for a DV based AOS application.

Hi Mom, I received an email with my FO address as follows because of my expedite request

The status of this service request is:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning the above-referenced application. Below is a summary of what we have found.

Your case is under active review by an immigration officer. You should be receiving a decision or notice of further action at the address of record shortly. If you have not received a decision or notice of further action within 90-days of this response, please feel free to submit a new inquiry by calling the USCIS Contact Center.

Also, I see my case status updated as

On August 23, 2024, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WTCxxxxxxxxxxCLM, was completed.

On August 23, 2024, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number WTCxxxxxxxxxxCLM

On August 23, 2024, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number WTCxxxxxxxxxxCLM

On August 23, 2024, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WTCxxxxxxxxxxCLM
, was assigned to an officer for response.

Q1: Not sure why I have 2 rows for "we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited", is this because of me and my wife's cases?

Q2: Anything I can do to know the expedited result?

Best,
Jack

Hi!! i got the Notice of action saying to wait to be contacted in case i need biometrics with the appointment time and date. Does this mean now my field office will reach out? is there any way to speedup the process?
the date received was august 9th and notice date the 19th, we received it in the mail the 26th.

I did a "walk-in" to my biometrics appointment on August 16th instead of the original August 21st date; they were only attached to my case on the 21st for some reason (I had contacted an EMMA agent to find that out). On the 22nd, my USCIS account updated with the "fingerprints were take." I'm now waiting to hear about the status of my interview.
I spoke to two EMMA agents today, and I'm a bit confused by their responses. One told me that "My case is in the Los Angeles FO," and the other told me that it is "AT NBC, and the interview hasn't been scheduled yet." Is that normal?
Also, considering we are running out of time this Fiscal Year, when is the earliest date I can make a congressional inquiry regarding my case status?
Every office takes walkins? do you just show up any day? i cant find it about my field office

Hi Mom, I received an email with my FO address as follows because of my expedite request

The status of this service request is:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning the above-referenced application. Below is a summary of what we have found.

Your case is under active review by an immigration officer. You should be receiving a decision or notice of further action at the address of record shortly. If you have not received a decision or notice of further action within 90-days of this response, please feel free to submit a new inquiry by calling the USCIS Contact Center.

Also, I see my case status updated as

On August 23, 2024, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WTCxxxxxxxxxxCLM, was completed.

On August 23, 2024, your request to have your case expedited, referral number WTCxxxxxxxxxxCLM
, was assigned to an officer for response.

Q1: Not sure why I have 2 rows for "we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited", is this because of me and my wife's cases?

Q2: Anything I can do to know the expedited result?

Best,
Jack
1. I have no idea. I have no insight into what the content of your expedite request contained or how you submitted the request. I have no crystal ball. Like I told you back in July, DV based cases are already expedited (of course no one listens when I tell them that).
2. The message you received already says the decision was mailed to you. So wait for it to show up in your mailbox.

p.s. if you add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet, we may have a better insight into your case progress and may be able to share more information with you.

Hi!! i got the Notice of action saying to wait to be contacted in case i need biometrics with the appointment time and date. Does this mean now my field office will reach out? is there any way to speedup the process?
the date received was august 9th and notice date the 19th, we received it in the mail the 26th.
Every office takes walkins? do you just show up any day? i cant find it about my field office
You really need to speed some time going over the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hi Mom,
I hope you're doing well. my interview is scheduled for September 13th, but I’m quite concerned about finishing visas before then. Would it be possible to expedite the interview date?
I apologize for reaching out again—I’ve just been feeling a bit anxious and overthinking things lately.

Hi Mom,
I hope you're doing well. my interview is scheduled for September 13th, but I’m quite concerned about finishing visas before then. Would it be possible to expedite the interview date?
I apologize for reaching out again—I’ve just been feeling a bit anxious and overthinking things lately.
You can check DV visa progress from this(https[:]//dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY24.html) site and compare to the last year's progress. Data is updated every Friday or Saturday. Right now it is progressing 8K visas behind compared to the last year. I think visas will not run out till the last days of September.

You most likely would be told your case is still at the NBC, which wouldn’t be correct.
Hi Mom, I'm waiting for the interview to be scheduled. I had a bio-walk-in on August 16th. However, my biometrics were only attached on the 21st, and the USCIS account update appeared on the 22nd with "fingerprints were taken." I made a few inquiries through EMMA regarding the status of my case. The first one told me that it was at the Los Angeles field office, and the second inquiry told me that the case was at NBC. Does that mean the second response is incorrect? Considering the time constraints, when should I make a congressional inquiry regarding the case?

Hi Mom,
Your interview date is already expedited - DV based AOS applications are expedited compared to family or employment based AOS applications which takes years to get scheduled. So you just have to keep your fingers crossed at this point.