• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi @Sm1smom, it's been two weeks since I responded to the NOID from USCIS, and I haven't heard anything back. With only one month left to have my case adjudicated in time, I'm considering submitting a 'Case Outside Normal Processing Time' e-request. Do you think this would be appropriate for my situation? I received the NOID and replied promptly, but still no response after two weeks. Thanks in advance!
You can try that if you like, the truth is the case is not outside what is deemed a normal processing time considering you’ve been contacted since filing, even if the contact was to inform you of the intention to deny your case unless you can convince the IO otherwise. They review response to RFEs/NOIDs as their schedule permits.

Correct, even more, my bio was waived, but strange then why agent told me that my case at NBC
Ok will try to keep calm and wait...
I'm in the same boat as you. My bio was waived, and radio silence till now.

I checked with EMMA a few days ago and the agent told me the case was transferred to my local FO on Aug 15th. When I checked a few days later, they said it was at NBC. I'm sure they just give you whatever their computer spits out for them (which I imagine depends on their level of access). Fingers crossed that we get adjudicated before the end of the FY.

Hi is there any reason why since august 15 nobody in time line has received and acceptance mail of received I 485 package I am worried because still no news since I resent mine in august 9 ?
I still didn't get any updates either, No mail,text message, or email. I hope we'll get it early this week.

Dear @Sm1smom,
Just a reminder of my situation - my wife and daughter got approvals quickly, literally in a month, but my case is still pending.
I did a congressional inquiry at the beginning of August.
Here is the response from congressman’s office. It doesn’t look like official response and no news since then.
This week 30 days will pass and I will be able to follow up with them. Can you please advice what I actually require from them? Update me with the status? I am afraid I won’t get anything meaningful. Or push the case forward?
I will appreciate any thoughts base on response attached.

Attachments

• IMG_9200.jpeg
    IMG_9200.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 39
Hi Mom! My number in timeline spread sheet is 68. I sent my 485 in July 1. My last updating for fingerprint was in July 23. We've had no further updates since this time. We made an inquiry to the congressman but have had no further updates. Do you have any suggestions as far as what we could do from this point? Our field office is in Fairfax, Virginia and seems as if they are working the cases somewhat slowly.Thanks for any input or advice.

Dear @Sm1smom,
Just a reminder of my situation - my wife and daughter got approvals quickly, literally in a month, but my case is still pending.
I did a congressional inquiry at the beginning of August.
Here is the response from congressman’s office. It doesn’t look like official response and no news since then.
This week 30 days will pass and I will be able to follow up with them. Can you please advice what I actually require from them? Update me with the status? I am afraid I won’t get anything meaningful. Or push the case forward?
I will appreciate any thoughts base on response attached.
Just because the response your congressman’s office provided you with is not an email from your FO which is what I’m guessing you’re considering an official response doesn’t make it less authentic. So if the 30 days referenced is already up, then contact them again to explain your situation re when you filed with the rest of your family, and your family members being approved already while your case is still pending. Yes, you request for a status update, I’m not sure of what you mean by you wouldn’t get anything meaningful. Even though I already shared with you what I think is going on with your case, which is AP due to your country of origin and field of study, USCIS wouldn’t necessarily provide you with that much details, they may not even directly tell you your case is under AP for any reason, except to say the case is progressing like they already did.

Hi Mom! My number in timeline spread sheet is 68. I sent my 485 in July 1. My last updating for fingerprint was in July 23. We've had no further updates since this time. We made an inquiry to the congressman but have had no further updates. Do you have any suggestions as far as what we could do from this point? Our field office is in Fairfax, Virginia and seems as if they are working the cases somewhat slowly.Thanks for any input or advice.
You filed in July and have already initiated two congressional inquiries (house of rep and senatorial) - not something I would have recommended or done as of when you did. So for now, you just need to be patient while monitoring and comparing your case to other cases from your FO.

Dear Mom,

I received a letter that I’m scheduled for an interview on September 18th (I will update the timeline soon). Do you think that’s too late? I’m a bit concerned about the visa exhaustion and the possibility of the 55,000 green cards being used up. What do you think?

Dear Mom,

I received a letter that I’m scheduled for an interview on September 18th (I will update the timeline soon). Do you think that’s too late? I’m a bit concerned about the visa exhaustion and the possibility of the 55,000 green cards being used up. What do you think?
I don't think you can do anything to influence an earlier interview date.

Hello, a quick question. What is EMMA by the way? How can I access to it? If it’s USCIS online account, where can I see the updates? Thank you

Hi mom,

According to information in my uscis account, a notice for my old application (which was denied and has been reopened as you may recall) has been sent on August 13 but I still didn't receive anything. Given the very short time left, can I use e-request to request a copy now instead of waiting for September 12?

In the notice it says i can do this if I don't receive it by Sep 12 but I'm afraid it will be too late as it will also require some time to follow the instructions in the notice (especially if it is a NOID or RFE). Thanks.

Hi mom,

According to information in my uscis account, a notice for my old application (which was denied and has been reopened as you may recall) has been sent on August 13 but I still didn't receive anything. Given the very short time left, can I use e-request to request a copy now instead of waiting for September 12?

In the notice it says i can do this if I don't receive it by Sep 12 but I'm afraid it will be too late as it will also require some time to follow the instructions in the notice (especially if it is a NOID or RFE). Thanks.
No harm in trying, if the system allows you to submit the e-Request.

Dear Mom,

Hi, when did you do your biometrics?

I did a "walk-in" to my biometrics appointment on August 16th instead of the original August 21st date; they were only attached to my case on the 21st for some reason (I had contacted an EMMA agent to find that out). On the 22nd, my USCIS account updated with the "fingerprints were take." I'm now waiting to hear about the status of my interview.
I spoke to two EMMA agents today, and I'm a bit confused by their responses. One told me that "My case is in the Los Angeles FO," and the other told me that it is "AT NBC, and the interview hasn't been scheduled yet." Is that normal?
Also, considering we are running out of time this Fiscal Year, when is the earliest date I can make a congressional inquiry regarding my case status?

No harm in trying, if the system allows you to submit the e-Request.
Hi ! I have some questions related to my case as I have been waiting about a month since my package was delivered (08/02) and there's no update(text message, email or mail) from the lockbox(Chicago) center. Is there anything I can do at this point ? Please guide me, thanks !