• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi!
I am trying to contact EMMA to get updates on my case but I can't seem to bypass the automatic response robot. I tried calling and using the Need Help chat but I can't reach a live agent. Is there a specific way I should approach for a live agent?
Thank you!

Hi!
I am trying to contact EMMA to get updates on my case but I can't seem to bypass the automatic response robot. I tried calling and using the Need Help chat but I can't reach a live agent. Is there a specific way I should approach for a live agent?
Thank you!
Just be patient.. the new system is sometimes supper buggy and some times over busy.... Keeping trying .. It worked for me yesterday after few days of trying...

Hi!
Thank you!
We may also be able to shed some light on your case/situation if you provide us with more insight into your case here and by adding your case progress to the Timeline Spreadsheet.

1724428036541.png
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding this part of the instructions for paying the DV Program fee. In the money order, in the sender's section, should I put my name and then my CN or should I only put my CN?

View attachment 5028
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding this part of the instructions for paying the DV Program fee. In the money order, in the sender's section, should I put my name and then my CN or should I only put my CN?
Put your namer in the sender’s section. You can add your CN on the last line (if there’s enough room left), or the back of the money order.

We may also be able to shed some light on your case/situation if you provide us with more insight into your case here and by adding your case progress to the Timeline Spreadsheet.
My case progress is already on the Timeline Spreadsheet (#80). Me (principal) and my wife submitted our fingerprints on August 6th, and there is no update on the myUSCIS other than the fingerprints taken as of August 6. I know it's still early but just wanted to confirm where my case is at.

Hi!
Thank you!
Try constantly saying I need a real person, the deadline is approaching. That's what I did. They said they would call, but they didn't call. Some people have been successful, maybe they will call you

Hello @Sm1smom,

I hope you’re doing well. I am currently on an F-1 visa, and my wife is on an F-2 visa. We have both maintained our status throughout our time in the U.S. over the past two years. I am a DV 2024 winner, and my adjustment of status interview is scheduled for next week.

Before winning the DV Lottery, we applied for asylum over a year ago, with my wife as the principal applicant and myself as a derivative. We have not used any asylum-related benefits and have consistently maintained our F-1/F-2 statuses. However, we still have a pending asylum case.

My concern is whether this pending asylum case could raise any issues during the green card application process, particularly regarding our intentions while maintaining F-1/F-2 status. I talked to a lawyer and she said as long as we maintain the F1/F2 we are all good.

Could you please advise on how to best address this during our adjustment of status interview?

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi!
Thank you!
Say "Infopass" to Emma or a phone bot and it will give you an option to talk to a Live Agent

Hello @Sm1smom,

I hope you’re doing well. I am currently on an F-1 visa, and my wife is on an F-2 visa. We have both maintained our status throughout our time in the U.S. over the past two years. I am a DV 2024 winner, and my adjustment of status interview is scheduled for next week.

Before winning the DV Lottery, we applied for asylum over a year ago, with my wife as the principal applicant and myself as a derivative. We have not used any asylum-related benefits and have consistently maintained our F-1/F-2 statuses. However, we still have a pending asylum case.

My concern is whether this pending asylum case could raise any issues during the green card application process, particularly regarding our intentions while maintaining F-1/F-2 status. I talked to a lawyer and she said as long as we maintain the F1/F2 we are all good.

Could you please advise on how to best address this during our adjustment of status interview?

The lawyer's response is on point. There should be no issue as long as you've both maintained your F1/F2 statuses regardless of the pending asylum application.

Hello @Sm1smom,

We are in exactly the same situation as you. My wife is the winner and has an f2 visa. I am also f1 and I also have an asylum application pending. Our case was approved yesterday. I didn't have an interview, but I don't think you'll have a problem.

Hello, I just contacted USCIS agent via EMMA, was like 99+ in a line, waited for about 30+ minutes

I asked where is physically my case?

Got response:
National Benefits Center. You can get an idea of how long it will take to process your case from the processing time table available on our website at egov.uscis.gov/processing-times. Enter the Form, Form Category, and Field Office or Service Center, from the drop downs. You will be given a processing time frame. You can then enter your receipt date and select the "Get Inquiry Date" box. If the message indicates "You can send us questions about your case by submitting a Service Request online" you can submit a "Case outside normal processing time" e-request at egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do.

I checkd processing time for San Diego, CA, and it showed me 18 months.

also I said that deadline is approaching, what should I do, agent suggested to sumbit "Case outside normal processing time" e-request
did anyone submitted this e-request and it helped?

thanks

Hello, I just contacted USCIS agent via EMMA, was like 99+ in a line, waited for about 30+ minutes

I asked where is physically my case?

Got response:
National Benefits Center. You can get an idea of how long it will take to process your case from the processing time table available on our website at egov.uscis.gov/processing-times. Enter the Form, Form Category, and Field Office or Service Center, from the drop downs. You will be given a processing time frame. You can then enter your receipt date and select the "Get Inquiry Date" box. If the message indicates "You can send us questions about your case by submitting a Service Request online" you can submit a "Case outside normal processing time" e-request at egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do.

I checkd processing time for San Diego, CA, and it showed me 18 months.

also I said that deadline is approaching, what should I do, agent suggested to sumbit "Case outside normal processing time" e-request
did anyone submitted this e-request and it helped?

thanks
The online processing timeline is not applicable to DV based AOS cases, which is why we came up with the Timeline Spreadsheet idea in this forum to help applicants get an idea of how DV based AOS cases are progressing with their applicable FOs. DV based AOS cases are already expedited, that is why the normal processing time is not applicable to them. So you can safely ignore everything the agent told you as none of it is applicable to your case. Your case file should already be at your FO if your bio appointment has already been scheduled. You will not be able to use the case outside normal processing time eRequest because your case is not outside normal processing time, considering it is not even up to 1 month since you filed for AOS.

My case progress is already on the Timeline Spreadsheet (#80). Me (principal) and my wife submitted our fingerprints on August 6th, and there is no update on the myUSCIS other than the fingerprints taken as of August 6. I know it's still early but just wanted to confirm where my case is at.
You most likely would be told your case is still at the NBC, which wouldn’t be correct.

Hi is there any reason why since august 15 nobody in time line has received and acceptance mail of received I 485 package I am worried because still no news since I resent mine in august 9 ?

Hi @Sm1smom, it's been two weeks since I responded to the NOID from USCIS, and I haven't heard anything back. With only one month left to have my case adjudicated in time, I'm considering submitting a 'Case Outside Normal Processing Time' e-request. Do you think this would be appropriate for my situation? I received the NOID and replied promptly, but still no response after two weeks. Thanks in advance!

The online processing timeline is not applicable to DV based AOS cases, which is why we came up with the Timeline Spreadsheet idea in this forum to help applicants get an idea of how DV based AOS cases are progressing with their applicable FOs. DV based AOS cases are already expedited, that is why the normal processing time is not applicable to them. So you can safely ignore everything the agent told you as none of it is applicable to your case. Your case file should already be at your FO if your bio appointment has already been scheduled. You will not be able to use the case outside normal processing time eRequest because your case is not outside normal processing time, considering it is not even up to 1 month since you filed for AOS.
Correct, even more, my bio was waived, but strange then why agent told me that my case at NBC
Ok will try to keep calm and wait...