• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi, I hope you're all doing well. It's been a week since my interview, but my status still shows "fingerprints were taken". I contacted USCIS, and the agent mentioned that they don’t see any record of my interview being scheduled at all, which they said is unusual. They recommended submitting a Tier 2 Inquiry, but I’m hesitant and wanted to get some opinions here first.

I know the spreadsheet mentions that it’s normal not to receive updates, but since the agent said they should see the interview, I’m a bit concerned.

Any advice on whether I should submit the Tier 2 Inquiry? Thank you so much

Hi, I also didn't have a status change after the interview and had the same status 'fingerprints were taken.' Meanwhile, I have a colleague who was interviewed on the same day at the same FO but with a different IO, and his status changed the same day to 'Interview completed.' I think it really depends on the IO and on their approach for dealing with the cases after the interview.

Hi, I hope you're all doing well. It's been a week since my interview, but my status still shows "fingerprints were taken". I contacted USCIS, and the agent mentioned that they don’t see any record of my interview being scheduled at all, which they said is unusual. They recommended submitting a Tier 2 Inquiry, but I’m hesitant and wanted to get some opinions here first.

I know the spreadsheet mentions that it’s normal not to receive updates, but since the agent said they should see the interview, I’m a bit concerned.

Any advice on whether I should submit the Tier 2 Inquiry? Thank you so much!
It is quite normal for the frontline agents to not see any information/update online when it comes to DV based AOS cases - most of the FOs/IOs do not bother to provide interview related status updates for DV based AOS cases because of the tight turn-around time.

Thank you all so much for your insights! It seems that there might not be a need for me to submit a Tier 2 Inquiry at this point. However, if I do decide to submit it, are there any potential downsides or harm in doing so?

Thank you all so much for your insights! It seems that there might not be a need for me to submit a Tier 2 Inquiry at this point. However, if I do decide to submit it, are there any potential downsides or harm in doing so?
If this is any comfort to you, I walked for biometrics on August 16th, and my case still has no updates from July 31st, when the case was initially received. I had contacted Emma agent twice, and they said its completely normal to not see updates.

Hi everyone,

I’d like to share a happy final update on my case. Yesterday, my case status was updated to "New card is being produced," and today it was approved. I’m now patiently waiting for my approval letter and the physical green card.

From the beginning, my case and forms were filed against the guidance of the AOS Spreadsheet, as I had an inexperienced attorney. Every time I discovered a new inconsistency in my forms after filing, it caused a lot of stress and worry. Fortunately, the AOS process was forgiving to me, and I achieved a positive outcome. I encourage every DV AOS applicant to carefully review the AOS Spreadsheet and understand every step—it will save you a lot of stress and prevent unnecessary questions in the forum. The big lesson learned: YOU DON’T NEED A LAWYER FOR THE DV AOS CASE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPLEX BACKGROUND OR IMMIGRATION SITUATION.

I’ve been living permanently in the US for about a year and have encountered many professionals (e.g., lawyers, tax consultants, realtors) who were not very competent, which has been frustrating at times. However, finding this forum and realizing that all the information and help are provided freely and voluntarily was a pleasant surprise.

I want to extend my thanks to @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ, and all the active members of this forum for all their support. I am truly impressed by the in-depth answers @Sm1smom provides for complex situations, and I appreciate all the support you offer here.

I wish good luck to everyone who is waiting and hope that all who applied will receive their cards. Hang in there, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions about my experience.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I’d like to share a happy final update on my case. Yesterday, my case status was updated to "New card is being produced," and today it was approved. I’m now patiently waiting for my approval letter and the physical green card.

From the beginning, my case and forms were filed against the guidance of the AOS Spreadsheet, as I had an inexperienced attorney. Every time I discovered a new inconsistency in my forms after filing, it caused a lot of stress and worry. Fortunately, the AOS process was forgiving to me, and I achieved a positive outcome. I encourage every DV AOS applicant to carefully review the AOS Spreadsheet and understand every step—it will save you a lot of stress and prevent unnecessary questions in the forum. The big lesson learned: YOU DON’T NEED A LAWYER FOR THE DV AOS CASE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPLEX BACKGROUND OR IMMIGRATION SITUATION.

I’ve been living permanently in the US for about a year and have encountered many professionals (e.g., lawyers, tax consultants, realtors) who were not very competent, which has been frustrating at times. However, finding this forum and realizing that all the information and help are provided freely and voluntarily was a pleasant surprise.

I want to extend my thanks to @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ, and all the active members of this forum for all their support. I am truly impressed by the in-depth answers @Sm1smom provides for complex situations, and I appreciate all the support you offer here.

I wish good luck to everyone who is waiting and hope that all who applied will receive their cards. Hang in there, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions about my experience.

Thanks!
Great news. Congratulations and thanks for the update.

Hello. I was reviewing my documents according to AOS package. As I understand, if I want to get work permit during AOS, I have to include form I-765. However if I am okay to recieve work permit at the same time with a green card (if approved), I do not have to include it. Is this right? I just wanted to be sure.

Hello. I was reviewing my documents according to AOS package. As I understand, if I want to get work permit during AOS, I have to include form I-765. However if I am okay to recieve work permit at the same time with a green card (if approved), I do not have to include it. Is this right? I just wanted to be sure.
Your understanding is a bit flawed. Nonetheless, I’ll simply say don’t bother with including form I-765 with your package at this point, there isn’t enough time left for it to be of any use to you.

Hi mom,

I realized the status of my first old (denied) application has changed to "case was reopened for reconsideration". It also says "we reopened your Form I-485, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case, please follow the instructions in the notice and if you don't receive the notice by September 12, go to USCIS.gov/e-request to request a copy".

I believe this is a generic message and based on my search (found some results for initially denied cases in 2021), this is usually followed by an RFE. If you have any consideration, I'd be happy to hear from you as to what to expect. I will share more details once (if) I receive the notice.

Is it normal that they open a case after almost 2 months? Just FYI, I didn't file an I-290B for this.
Thanks!

Hi mom,

I realized the status of my first old (denied) application has changed to "case was reopened for reconsideration". It also says "we reopened your Form I-485, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case, please follow the instructions in the notice and if you don't receive the notice by September 12, go to USCIS.gov/e-request to request a copy".

I believe this is a generic message and based on my search (found some results for initially denied cases in 2021), this is usually followed by an RFE. If you have any consideration, I'd be happy to hear from you as to what to expect. I will share more details once (if) I receive the notice.

Is it normal that they open a case after almost 2 months? Just FYI, I didn't file an I-290B for this.
Thanks!
I have a faint idea as to what the mailed correspondence could be, but I would rather not speculate on what it could be since the correspondence has already been mailed out anyway. So just be patient to see what shows up in the mail.

Yes, it is not unusual for this to happen. It could have been triggered by the re-filed I-485. I know of cases in the past that got re-opened for reconsideration based on congressional case follow-up inquiry, or upon case decision review by a supervisor.

I have a faint idea as to what the mailed correspondence could be, but I would rather not speculate on what it could be since the correspondence has already been mailed out anyway. So just be patient to see what shows up in the mail.

Yes, it is not unusual for this to happen. It could have been triggered by the re-filed I-485. I know of cases in the past that got re-opened for reconsideration based on congressional case follow-up inquiry, or upon case decision review by a supervisor.
Thank you. I hope it arrives soon. I guess there is no reason to feel concerned or hopeful at this point. Fingers crossed.

Hi I have a question my I485 package was returned because I used an I 485 form that was not the last one I corrected and sent right away the 7 of august but it’s been 2 weeks and no answer no e Mail neither check was cashed how can I find out if everything is ok I am worried for the time is running my cn is for September mom can you give me any advice.
In time line spreadsheet don’t see any new updates

Hi I have a question my I485 package was returned because I used an I 485 form that was not the last one I corrected and sent right away the 7 of august but it’s been 2 weeks and no answer no e Mail neither check was cashed how can I find out if everything is ok I am worried for the time is running my cn is for September mom can you give me any advice.
Unfortunately, not much you can do at this point but wait. The Lockboxes have been backlogged for the past couple of weeks. You should hopefully see the acceptance notification/NOA within the next couple of days (if there are no new issues with the resubmitted package).

Unfortunately, not much you can do at this point but wait. The Lockboxes have been backlogged for the past couple of weeks. You should hopefully see the acceptance notification/NOA within the next couple of days (if there are no new issues with the resubmitted package).
Thanks for your reply

Hi All
Hi, I'm in the similar situation. Mine was delivered on 08/02(USPS, Chicago lockbox) and still no updates, No acceptance letter and the check still Valid.
I checked the Timeline and some folks already got updates last week 08/15(was delivered 08/05) which their package was delivered with FEDEX,.
I am just curious
1) Does it matters which Delivery service was used for the package(because they've different lockbox for USPS,UPS,FEDEX) ?
2) Can anybody in this forum share their experience if they've sent the package in August who haven't shared on Timeline sheet?

Thanks in advance

I filed my I 485 through the dv lottery but my case number was not current and USCIS sent me a rejection notice by stating :

1. You have filed before the block of Case Numbers authorized. Continue of watch the Diversity
web-site.
2. (The dates on your letter from the Kentucky Consular Center may not be correct.
lease contact them for verification)

Kentucky answered me:
The information you provided will be included in your case file for review.
Interviews for the DV 2024 program will begin October 1, 2023, and process through September 30, 2024. All DV 2024 cases must be completely processed by September 30, 2024. Prompt response in completing the required form will allow ample time for necessary processing.

I called to Uscis and the lady said to fill out the Form I-290 B. My questions are.

Does that mean I need to wait for the document( 2NL) to be corrected? Or should I go ahead and complete Form I-290B and submit it as soon as possible? or wait for the last Bulletin Visa to be updated.

I filed my I 485 through the dv lottery but my case number was not current and USCIS sent me a rejection notice by stating :

1. You have filed before the block of Case Numbers authorized. Continue of watch the Diversity
web-site.
2. (The dates on your letter from the Kentucky Consular Center may not be correct.
lease contact them for verification)

Kentucky answered me:
The information you provided will be included in your case file for review.
Interviews for the DV 2024 program will begin October 1, 2023, and process through September 30, 2024. All DV 2024 cases must be completely processed by September 30, 2024. Prompt response in completing the required form will allow ample time for necessary processing.

I called to Uscis and the lady said to fill out the Form I-290 B. My questions are.

Does that mean I need to wait for the document( 2NL) to be corrected? Or should I go ahead and complete Form I-290B and submit it as soon as possible? or wait for the last Bulletin Visa to be updated.
No, you are not eligible to file an I-290B. The agent you spoke with has provided you with inaccurate information. Your AOS package was rightly rejected by the Lockbox. We already told you in this post and this post back on July 15th that your CN is above the cutoff number for September, which means you cannot move ahead with processing your DV selection at this point. Apparently you ignored the response we provided you with and went ahead and filed, the filing got rejected as it should. I’m sorry, but this is the end of the road for you as a DV 2024 selectee.