• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello. My I-20 end date was June 30. But my school told me that I have 60 days to decide, İf I want to continue or go back to my country. İn this case can I send my documents to USCIS with my old I-20 and I-94? Or should I wait until my school starts and issues new I-20 and I-94?

Hi mom @Sm1smom ,
I found an e-mail address of a field office clerk who is dealing with our case, do you think I should tell him my problem as a last chance? I don't really have any hope anymore. I don't want to wait in vain. Is there anything you can suggest at this point?
That is not something I personally would do or recommend. Just because this clerk works at the FO with jurisdiction over an application does not mean the clerk as the required access to an applicant’s case file, and even if they do they cannot influence the decision making surrounding it. It’s not like your FO and the IO assigned to the case are not aware of the case or the approaching. You’ve initiated several inquiries, including through your lawyer, and via the White House. They’ve consistently informed you that your case is being reviewed. I’ve also tried to explain to you that the delay you’re experiencing seems to be tied to pending background check clearance, and if that were the case, there’s nothing you can do outside of waiting. I realize it is quite frustrating for you to be waiting for this long, but honestly speaking, this is not quite unusual contrary to what you may think.

Hello. My I-20 end date was June 30. But my school told me that I have 60 days to decide, İf I want to continue or go back to my country. İn this case can I send my documents to USCIS with my old I-20 and I-94? Or should I wait until my school starts and issues new I-20 and I-94?
Filing for AOS in your grace period is a grey area, you could be deemed out of status by the IO if the expiration date on your most recent I-20 has already passed as at when you send in your AOS package.

My wife and my case status has updated to "New card is being produced," which likely signifies that our journey is nearing its conclusion.

Our interview was scheduled for 9 AM, and we arrived 30 minutes early, eventually starting after an hour’s wait. The interview was exceptionally smooth, and the interviewer was surprisingly pleasant, beginning with casual questions and then the oath, primarily checking the consistency of our answers with the I-485 form. There was a mishap where I incorrectly answered 'no' to a question that should have been 'yes' due to my compulsory military service. The interviewer paused to inquire about my military details, such as my role, training, duties, and duration of service. She didn't request the military documents I had prepared, just made some notes. The rest of the questions focused on my status change from F1 to H1B, for which she requested supporting documents. After our responses, we were asked to wait outside for 15 minutes or await an update on our case status at home, and we chose to wait outside. Shortly after, the interviewer emerged to inform us that our case was approved. I exited the USCIS building to find that our status had updated to "New card is being produced." I hope you find this information useful.

Finally, I'm grateful for the support from this forum and everyone's contributions. In particular, I want to thank Sm1smom for answering all of my questions. Your responses have saved me a great deal of time and the expense of hiring a lawyer. This assistance has been invaluable.

(Since the account I use to update my timeline is on my home computer, and I am currently working at another city, I am unable to log in. I will update my timeline once I am home).

My wife and my case status has updated to "New card is being produced," which likely signifies that our journey is nearing its conclusion.

Our interview was scheduled for 9 AM, and we arrived 30 minutes early, eventually starting after an hour’s wait. The interview was exceptionally smooth, and the interviewer was surprisingly pleasant, beginning with casual questions and then the oath, primarily checking the consistency of our answers with the I-485 form. There was a mishap where I incorrectly answered 'no' to a question that should have been 'yes' due to my compulsory military service. The interviewer paused to inquire about my military details, such as my role, training, duties, and duration of service. She didn't request the military documents I had prepared, just made some notes. The rest of the questions focused on my status change from F1 to H1B, for which she requested supporting documents. After our responses, we were asked to wait outside for 15 minutes or await an update on our case status at home, and we chose to wait outside. Shortly after, the interviewer emerged to inform us that our case was approved. I exited the USCIS building to find that our status had updated to "New card is being produced." I hope you find this information useful.

Finally, I'm grateful for the support from this forum and everyone's contributions. In particular, I want to thank Sm1smom for answering all of my questions. Your responses have saved me a great deal of time and the expense of hiring a lawyer. This assistance has been invaluable.

(Since the account I use to update my timeline is on my home computer, and I am currently working at another city, I am unable to log in. I will update my timeline once I am home).
Great update. Congratulations.

Hi Mom,

My wife and I both are PHD students and we are working as graduate assistants in university. We included our employment letter and tax documents in AOS package, but in our interview notice it’s asking us to bring I-864 form, most recent tax returns of sponsored and co-sponcers. Does this mean that we need to have an sponsore? Or is this letter just a template and we can show our tax returns?

Hi Mom,

My wife and I both are PHD students and we are working as graduate assistants in university. We included our employment letter and tax documents in AOS package, but in our interview notice it’s asking us to bring I-864 form, most recent tax returns of sponsored and co-sponcers. Does this mean that we need to have an sponsore? Or is this letter just a template and we can show our tax returns?
Form I-864 is not applicable to DV based AOS application. Seems like the IL you received is a generic one.

Hello,

I have completed my interview and my case status has been updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". Interviewer said that they may have to request additional documents but it won't probably be necessary but I'm confused over this status. At the time of the interview the interviewer didn't ask for any documents that I have brought with me and just looked at my medical exam. Otherwise I have answered basic questions that are on the I-485 form.
We seem to be in the same place, having interviews on the same day. Who is your interviewer?

Form I-864 is not applicable to DV based AOS application. Seems like the IL you received is a generic one.
Thanks for your help.

1-So, Is our tax return and employment letter enough for showing our financial situation?
2- Should we have also bank statements with significant money??
Sorry, I am confused what documents do I need to have in my interview.

I don't remember the name but she was a nice black lady. Her office was in the left side of the floor and I remember walking to the end of that floor to reach it.
We are not the same person. However, I suspect the delay might be because your background check was relatively short (I noticed your current month is in August, so your background check must have taken less than a month). They may need additional time to complete the remaining steps. Our background check took 3-4 months, which is similar to what I’ve seen for others who interviewed in Seattle. But if all your documents are in order, I don’t think you should have any issues. Your status might even update as soon as next week.

Congratulations, what your Id in the timeline sheet ?

We are not the same person. However, I suspect the delay might be because your background check was relatively short (I noticed your current month is in August, so your background check must have taken less than a month). They may need additional time to complete the remaining steps. Our background check took 3-4 months, which is similar to what I’ve seen for others who interviewed in Seattle. But if all your documents are in order, I don’t think you should have any issues. Your status might even update as soon as next week.
Oh, I wasn't aware the background check would take so long! But now I'm wondering about my qualifications and if I'll be able to get my green card before the fiscal year ends. Or does this restriction not affect me because I've already completed the interview?

Oh, I wasn't aware the background check would take so long! But now I'm wondering about my qualifications and if I'll be able to get my green card before the fiscal year ends. Or does this restriction not affect me because I've already completed the interview?
I believe they will expedite the process to ensure you receive your card within the valid timeframe, unless there are some exceptional circumstances.

Thanks for your help.

1-So, Is our tax return and employment letter enough for showing our financial situation?
2- Should we have also bank statements with significant money??
Sorry, I am confused what documents do I need to have in my interview.
1. Maybe. It depends on what those documents show.
2. Ideally, yes.

Applicable financial documents are already listed on the AOS Package tab of the AOS process spreadsheet, take a look at it to refresh your memory. Also take a look at the Interview Tips tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

I believe they will expedite the process to ensure you receive your card within the valid timeframe, unless there are some exceptional circumstances.
The GC can be received well after the FY is over, that is not a problem. It is the approval that must happen on or before the last day of the applicable FY.

1. Maybe. It depends on what those documents show.
2. Ideally, yes.

Applicable financial documents are already listed on the AOS Package tab of the AOS process spreadsheet, take a look at it to refresh your memory. Also take a look at the Interview Tips tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.
Thanks again.
To be honest, we are not able to provide bank statements with significant money. We included our recent bank statements with in our package, but it was just a normal bank statement which shows that we received our salary monthly and spent it for daily life.
Our salary is enough to spend for daily life, pay bill, rent and etc. Do you think don’t having a bank statement will be a problem?

Hi. I tried walking into La Brea Biometrics yesterday but was told to come back today after 11 a.m. I came back at exactly 11 a.m. and did my biometrics. Between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., things are mellow at the Application Support Centers.
Question: My USCIS still says that case is received and it hasn't changed to "biometrics had been collected". Is that normal? How long does it usually take?

Thanks again.
To be honest, we are not able to provide bank statements with significant money. We included our recent bank statements with in our package, but it was just a normal bank statement which shows that we received our salary monthly and spent it for daily life.
Our salary is enough to spend for daily life, pay bill, rent and etc. Do you think don’t having a bank statement will be a problem?
Mom has already answered your question (FOLLOW THE AOS PROCESS SPREADSHEET for financial documents). If I were you, I would find a sponsor (LPR or USC), ask them to fill out the I-134 form (Declaration of financial support), and take it to the interview along with my financial documents (payslips etc). This is the safest thing to do.