• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom, I have sent you a request to add my progress in the spreadsheet. About a week ago, my case changed to New Card is being produced. However, the case has not been approved yet! I never got the case was approved status yet. I am a bit concern since it usually takes 2-3 days for the case to get approved after New card is being produced update. Do you think it is normal? or it is a system glitch ? My FO is Boston. My current month is July.
Could be a system glitch. Just be patient for now.

Hi,

the last update is that the cards are on their way with USPS and will be delivered tomorrow. Almost there.
This forum was an invaluable source of information and help for me. I wondered if anybody here would know of a similar forum for changes to take care of once changed from a non-immigrant visa to a permanent lawful resident. For example, is the updated status to be considered from 1st day of permanent residency, or is it 1st day of the year (for tax purposes mostly) - My wife used to not pay SSA/medicare as a foreign employee (under a non-immigrant visa) of a foreign gov. agency. My understanding is that changed now that we are residents. Anybody with a similar case ?
Thanks.
Your ‘residency since’ date will be listed on your GC. That will be your official LPR start date. As a LPR, the exemption your wife enjoyed will no longer be applicable from that date.

Hi All, I got 3 questions:

1. When I filed my application, I didn't include my DV fee receipt ($330) and latest EAD card. Is there any email or USCIS contact we can send the scanned copy of those documents?
2. I used my USCIS account for OPT/STEM OPT applications which showed status updates for those forms. However, when I added my AOS case#, it just shows we received your application as a status update even though I have already completed biometrics and etc. Am I doing something wrong?
3. To learn if I got background clearance, do I need to call USCIS or there is a link or something that will tell me that?

Thank you
1. There’s no email address for sending in non-solicited documents.
2. The update or lack of new update is normal.
3. No, you do not do anything.

Hi everyone, sorry for asking again. If I don't have a legitimate, serious reason for walking in early for my biometrics, is it best to wait till the scheduled date next week? My FO is La Brea, Ca.
Anyone can attempt a bio walk-in without having a legitimate reason.

Hi Mom,

My interview is tomorrow, and I'm starting to overthink some things. On my I-485 form, I mentioned that I don't have any prior job experience, which I thought was true. However, I did an unpaid internship, which was more like volunteering, and I had a job a few years ago in my home country, but I was paid in cash and in both of these I didn’t sign a formal contract. I didn't include these because I didn’t think they qualified as formal jobs, but now I'm worried that during the background check, they might have seen my resume and think I was being dishonest.

If this comes up in the interview, how should I explain the situation?

Thank you, Mom. If I successfully walk in for my biometrics, do you know if it will show in my.USCIS personal cabinet. So far, it says that my "case is received," and it doesn't even show the appointment for the bio date...

Thank you, Mom. If I successfully walk in for my biometrics, do you know if it will show in my.USCIS personal cabinet. So far, it says that my "case is received," and it doesn't even show the appointment for the bio date...
It should say your biometric data has been taken on your account if you successfully walk in for your bio.

Hi Mom,

My interview is tomorrow, and I'm starting to overthink some things. On my I-485 form, I mentioned that I don't have any prior job experience, which I thought was true. However, I did an unpaid internship, which was more like volunteering, and I had a job a few years ago in my home country, but I was paid in cash and in both of these I didn’t sign a formal contract. I didn't include these because I didn’t think they qualified as formal jobs, but now I'm worried that during the background check, they might have seen my resume and think I was being dishonest.

If this comes up in the interview, how should I explain the situation?
Not likely to come up. However if it does, truthfully address it.

Hello. I can not find any US sponsor right now. And in my bank I only have about five thousand dollars and I usually deposit it with cash. Do you think it makes denial more likely, if I do not submit anything about it?

Hi All! I was just wondering anyone whose i485 form was delivered on or after 8/02(Chicago lockbox) has got any updates from USCIS? Acceptance text or status on checks whether it's cashed or not ? I checked the Timeline and most of the updates happened about a week. Today I checked with the bank and the cashier's check is still on Pending.
Hi everyone!, I am just curious, I just checked the Timeline and found that some folks who sent their i485 to same lockbox (Chicago)after me has already got an update from the USCIS, even they have scheduled for bio. Is it normal or something went wrong on my case. Thank you in advance,

Hi everyone,
So, when I went to the AOS timeline spreadsheet. I see a section that mentions payment cashed date. Is the total amount for Diversity visa $330 or is there any fees I had to send in along with my I-485 package. Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone,
So, when I went to the AOS timeline spreadsheet. I see a section that mentions payment cashed date. Is the total amount for Diversity visa $330 or is there any fees I had to send in along with my I-485 package. Thank you in advance!
Yes, filling fee is $1,440 each and $950 for children under 14 years of age

Yes, filling fee is $1,440 each and $950 for children under 14 years of age
Ah, I messed up then. Just wondering if you'd know if I should send in the money order right away or should I wait for a reply from USCIS because I didn't include it with my AOS package.

Hi everyone!, I am just curious, I just checked the Timeline and found that some folks who sent their i485 to same lockbox (Chicago)after me has already got an update from the USCIS, even they have scheduled for bio. Is it normal or something went wrong on my case. Thank you in advance,
Hey just wondering when u sent it in I sent in mine on the first week of august still haven't received anything for mine yet either!

Hello. I can not find any US sponsor right now. And in my bank I only have about five thousand dollars and I usually deposit it with cash. Do you think it makes denial more likely, if I do not submit anything about it?
The IO will use what is known as totality of circumstances in making a determination as to if you’re likely to become a public charge or not.

Do you have a copy of your submitted form? Do a review of the form to confirm it was accurately filled out and signed - for instance, if the form is not signed as required, the package gets rejected and returned to sender. You should also check to confirm you included the correct payment fees with your package.

Ah, I messed up then. Just wondering if you'd know if I should send in the money order right away or should I wait for a reply from USCIS because I didn't include it with my AOS package.
Hey just wondering when u sent it in I sent in mine on the first week of august still haven't received anything for mine yet either!
You cannot separately send in the payment. Your application will not be processed since you did not include the required payment, the package will therefore be rejected and sent back to you. It may take a while before you receive the rejected package.

Do you have a copy of your submitted form? Do a review of the form to confirm it was accurately filled out and signed - for instance, if the form is not signed as required, the package gets rejected and returned to sender. You should also check to confirm you included the correct payment fees with your package.
Yes, I have rechecked the each of the forms to be signed and filled correctly before filing, as well as with the correct payment fees. Hope it will be processed soon....

Hello,

I have completed my interview and my case status has been updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". Interviewer said that they may have to request additional documents but it won't probably be necessary but I'm confused over this status. At the time of the interview the interviewer didn't ask for any documents that I have brought with me and just looked at my medical exam. Otherwise I have answered basic questions that are on the I-485 form.

Hi mom @Sm1smom ,
I found an e-mail address of a field office clerk who is dealing with our case, do you think I should tell him my problem as a last chance? I don't really have any hope anymore. I don't want to wait in vain. Is there anything you can suggest at this point?