• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I don't think the reason lies solely in the superseded memo. Based on the information you provided, they have misinterpreted the memo, and there's a chance they can continue with this incorrect interpretation even with the updated USCIS Policy Manual. My understanding is that the reason in the FO. I wanted to share this comment, as I notice a consensus that attributes everything to the superseded memo.
There’s no consensus attributing everything to the superseded memo. No one said the actual denial was solely based on the memo being ‘superseded’. The OP visited their ASC with the superseded memo to try and appeal their denial, the outcome of that trip most likely would have been different IMO, if the OP was able to pull up the Adjudicator’s manual (which is the same manual referenced by the IOs) directly from USCIS’s website as against presenting a printout of some memo from 2013 whose source could be deemed doubtful.

Hi to the team! News from Fairfax (WAS) office: got approved a few hours ago (New Card being Produced) without an interview @legacy1 @canelmaslar I hope your time is coming as well since they started looking at them apparently. Three quick points for people currently applying:

1. I did early filing in May and it was accepted (I did include the early filing memo and highlighted the important parts)
2. I did NOT have the updated Covid vaccine. Had completed the vaccine requirements in 2022.
3. I did NOT send my High School diploma. I sent my BA, MA and current PhD transcripts.

Disclaimer: I am not saying to not do those things but if you submitted the application already without that stuff for X Y Z reasons try not to stress too much about it - I certainly did stress massively about those missing.

Thanks to mom and all the rest for the support around here. Very happy I found this forum this past year. I will update the timesheet very soon.
Congratulations, this is really good news I hope we get it as soon as possible. I'm getting really nervous. I've done so many things but there's been no progress since January.

@Sm1smom Our file is for 3 people, so we have 3 separate case numbers, but we applied as a family. Do you think the process time for one person and 3 people is different? I mean could it take longer because there are 3 of us? (background checks or name checks) I am trying to make sense of this delay myself.
And the approval from our field office for the dv lottery, does it mean that the dv lottery approvals have come and we will soon get our turn?

Hi everyone, I just found this forum. I looked at your timeline spreadsheet (sent a request to add my case) and started to worry that my package of documents was lost. It was delivered on 07/19 by UPS to the lockbox in Elgin and since then there has been no information - no notice, no money written off. It is impossible to get through to them by phone, and they have not responded to email for over a week. Is there any other way to push my case for review?

@Sm1smom Our file is for 3 people, so we have 3 separate case numbers, but we applied as a family. Do you think the process time for one person and 3 people is different? I mean could it take longer because there are 3 of us? (background checks or name checks) I am trying to make sense of this delay myself.
And the approval from our field office for the dv lottery, does it mean that the dv lottery approvals have come and we will soon get our turn?
Have you tried writing to the White House? I submitted my request last Wednesday, and they responded today, stating that they had reviewed my correspondence and forwarded it to the appropriate federal agency for further action. If you haven’t tried it yet, give it a shot. It doesn’t hurt. Here is the link:

The delay you’re experiencing is not because of the number of applicants involved. There have been situations where a single applicant has experienced delays due to prolonged background check while a family of two or more people who filed after the single applicants completed the process without any delay.

If your background check, which I already explained a while back has cleared, then yes, it could mean approval may happen for you soon.

Hi everyone, I just found this forum. I looked at your timeline spreadsheet (sent a request to add my case) and started to worry that my package of documents was lost. It was delivered on 07/19 by UPS to the lockbox in Elgin and since then there has been no information - no notice, no money written off. It is impossible to get through to them by phone, and they have not responded to email for over a week. Is there any other way to push my case for review?
You mean your payment has not been processed from as far back as 07/19 when your package was delivered? No acceptance notice received? If yes, I think the package may be lost, (or it got rejected and it’s being mailed back to you). You can contact the Lockbox to initiate an inquiry:

Lockbox
If you have a question about a filing mailed to the Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, or Elgin Lockbox you may email us at lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov and we will answer your email as soon as possible. Please include the form number, receipt number, petitioner and/or applicant name, and mailing address. Do not include Social Security numbers in emails.

Examples of Lockbox questions include:
  • The reason your submission was rejected;
  • How or where to submit an application or petition that should be filed at one of the four Lockbox locations; and
  • Filing more than 30 days ago and not yet receiving a receipt notice

Thank you, everyone! Opps, that was close. I joined the forum around the beginning of 2024 and had everything prepared by May, ready to be sent out. What a bummer—I was completely unaware of the policy changes.
Double check that you are submitting all forms with the correct edition date. I-485 was renewed on 04/01/24

You mean your payment has not been processed from as far back as 07/19 when your package was delivered? No acceptance notice received? If yes, I think the package may be lost. You can contact the Lockbox to initiate an inquiry:
Yes!
I sent an inquiry to lockbox support e-mail on 07/30 and got automatic reply:
"DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL - Your inquiry has been received by USCIS Lockbox Support

Thank you for contacting Lockbox Support. You should receive a response within 30 business days if your submission is not related to one of the scenarios listed below...."

Phone calls - just a waste of time

Yes!
I sent an inquiry to lockbox support e-mail on 07/30 and got automatic reply:
"DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL - Your inquiry has been received by USCIS Lockbox Support

Thank you for contacting Lockbox Support. You should receive a response within 30 business days if your submission is not related to one of the scenarios listed below...."

Phone calls - just a waste of time
I guess you could have included the fact that you already contacted the Lockbox in your initial post which would have prevented me from posting a redundant response.

Yes, you did early filing if your package was received before the first day of your CN current month. This is covered in the AOS process spreadsheet which we had asked you to go over a while back.
As I see from the timeline, many folks filled in July having current in September (more than 60 days earlier)
and we all waiting for an interview invite...

I understand, it's risky, and there's no any guarantee

Hi Mom, I have sent you a request to add my progress in the spreadsheet. About a week ago, my case changed to New Card is being produced. However, the case has not been approved yet! I never got the case was approved status yet. I am a bit concern since it usually takes 2-3 days for the case to get approved after New card is being produced update. Do you think it is normal? or it is a system glitch ? My FO is Boston. My current month is July.

Hi to the team! News from Fairfax (WAS) office: got approved a few hours ago (New Card being Produced) without an interview @legacy1 @canelmaslar I hope your time is coming as well since they started looking at them apparently. Three quick points for people currently applying:

1. I did early filing in May and it was accepted (I did include the early filing memo and highlighted the important parts)
2. I did NOT have the updated Covid vaccine. Had completed the vaccine requirements in 2022.
3. I did NOT send my High School diploma. I sent my BA, MA and current PhD transcripts.

Disclaimer: I am not saying to not do those things but if you submitted the application already without that stuff for X Y Z reasons try not to stress too much about it - I certainly did stress massively about those missing.

Thanks to mom and all the rest for the support around here. Very happy I found this forum this past year. I will update the timesheet very soon.
Hi! Congratulations ! Have a question ,if you would mind. Did you ask some one to expedite your case -the congressman or e-request for FO? Thank you

Hi,

the last update is that the cards are on their way with USPS and will be delivered tomorrow. Almost there.
This forum was an invaluable source of information and help for me. I wondered if anybody here would know of a similar forum for changes to take care of once changed from a non-immigrant visa to a permanent lawful resident. For example, is the updated status to be considered from 1st day of permanent residency, or is it 1st day of the year (for tax purposes mostly) - My wife used to not pay SSA/medicare as a foreign employee (under a non-immigrant visa) of a foreign gov. agency. My understanding is that changed now that we are residents. Anybody with a similar case ?
Thanks.

Hi! Congratulations ! Have a question ,if you would mind. Did you ask some one to expedite your case -the congressman or e-request for FO? Thank you
Happy to answer! Two things happened but I ommitted them from the post for two reasons: one I cannot say for sure that they helped (and post hoc fallacy is real) and second the processing time is within the days I calculated for this FO (between 90-95 since filing and mine was 96).

On Friday end of day, my lawyer reached out to the American Lawyers Association which can put a request on your behalf through a liason to the local FO. On Monday, I also initiated a Congressional Inquiry. On Tuesday morning I had the update.

I really doubt any of those things had an impact because the inquiries were submitted on the one hand before the update but at the same time I doubt that 24 hours are enough to push an immigration officer to adjudicate in the case. So IMO I think that time just came.

Hi All, I got 3 questions:

1. When I filed my application, I didn't include my DV fee receipt ($330) and latest EAD card. Is there any email or USCIS contact we can send the scanned copy of those documents?
2. I used my USCIS account for OPT/STEM OPT applications which showed status updates for those forms. However, when I added my AOS case#, it just shows we received your application as a status update even though I have already completed biometrics and etc. Am I doing something wrong?
3. To learn if I got background clearance, do I need to call USCIS or there is a link or something that will tell me that?

Thank you

I've tried both of these things and it hasn't worked for 210 days. It is really interesting that they are not looking at my file even though we are not in the same office. I'd say it's a job check, but I think it's impossible for it to take this long. It's like my case disappeared.

Happy to answer! Two things happened but I ommitted them from the post for two reasons: one I cannot say for sure that they helped (and post hoc fallacy is real) and second the processing time is within the days I calculated for this FO (between 90-95 since filing and mine was 96).

On Friday end of day, my lawyer reached out to the American Lawyers Association which can put a request on your behalf through a liason to the local FO. On Monday, I also initiated a Congressional Inquiry. On Tuesday morning I had the update.

I really doubt any of those things had an impact because the inquiries were submitted on the one hand before the update but at the same time I doubt that 24 hours are enough to push an immigration officer to adjudicate in the case. So IMO I think that time just came.
Thank you for answer. We have the same FO Fairfax, VA.

I've tried both of these things and it hasn't worked for 210 days. It is really interesting that they are not looking at my file even though we are not in the same office. I'd say it's a job check, but I think it's impossible for it to take this long. It's like my case disappeared.
I agree with you for 100%

Hi everyone, sorry for asking again. If I don't have a legitimate, serious reason for walking in early for my biometrics, is it best to wait till the scheduled date next week? My FO is La Brea, Ca.