• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Thanks again.
To be honest, we are not able to provide bank statements with significant money. We included our recent bank statements with in our package, but it was just a normal bank statement which shows that we received our salary monthly and spent it for daily life.
Our salary is enough to spend for daily life, pay bill, rent and etc. Do you think don’t having a bank statement will be a problem?
You can look into getting an I-134 (if you want to be extra certain), or attend the interview with what you have, keep your fingers crossed, and hope for the best!

Hi. I tried walking into La Brea Biometrics yesterday but was told to come back today after 11 a.m. I came back at exactly 11 a.m. and did my biometrics. Between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., things are mellow at the Application Support Centers.
Question: My USCIS still says that case is received and it hasn't changed to "biometrics had been collected". Is that normal? How long does it usually take?
Quite normal.

Hi! We had an interview on 26th of March, after that we had a RFE which we sent a week after the interview. About a month after that two USCIS officers came to our apartment and we talked to them for an hour or two. We had no updates on USCIS website since our interview so we sent new request via Emma that our case is outside processing time each month but each time got generic response. Last week we received letters for an interview again. My questions are:
1) Both letters say "request to appear for INITIAL interview", is that right? we already had one 4 month ago
2) My wife's passport (she's the main applicant) expires two days before new interview date. We applied for a new one two months ago and it is almost ready, but it probably won't be delivered on time. Is it a problem? Can we get one more RFE regarding her passport? She has a valid US driving license as form of identification

Your ‘residency since’ date will be listed on your GC. That will be your official LPR start date. As a LPR, the exemption your wife enjoyed will no longer be applicable from that date.
Hi,

thanks. The date on the card is the date we had our interview. Both cards were received via USPS.
I updated the timeline with my last entry, I.e. Card Received: 08/15.
Thanks again to all and Godspeed.

Hi,

the last update is that the cards are on their way with USPS and will be delivered tomorrow. Almost there.
This forum was an invaluable source of information and help for me. I wondered if anybody here would know of a similar forum for changes to take care of once changed from a non-immigrant visa to a permanent lawful resident. For example, is the updated status to be considered from 1st day of permanent residency, or is it 1st day of the year (for tax purposes mostly) - My wife used to not pay SSA/medicare as a foreign employee (under a non-immigrant visa) of a foreign gov. agency. My understanding is that changed now that we are residents. Anybody with a similar case ?
Thanks.
FYI https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/tax-information-and-responsibilities-for-new-immigrants-to-the-united-states

In general, when you initially obtain a green card, your residency starting date is the first day in the calendar year on which you are present in the United States as a lawful permanent resident (the date on which the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officially approved your petition to become an immigrant). If you received a green card abroad, then the residency starting date is the first day of physical presence in the United States after you received the green card. For more information, please refer to residency starting and ending dates.

For tax years in which you are both a U.S. tax resident and nonresident, please refer to taxation of dual-status aliens.

Hello everyone, I have a question that you may be able to help me with

When sending the payment of $330 dollars to the KCC, they request a self-addressed stamped envelop. Does this mean that in addition to the money order and the form with my CN information, name and other data, I must include an empty envelope with my name and a stamp?

Is there a specific stamp that I should use?

Thank you very much

Hi! We had an interview on 26th of March, after that we had a RFE which we sent a week after the interview. About a month after that two USCIS officers came to our apartment and we talked to them for an hour or two. We had no updates on USCIS website since our interview so we sent new request via Emma that our case is outside processing time each month but each time got generic response. Last week we received letters for an interview again. My questions are:
1) Both letters say "request to appear for INITIAL interview", is that right? we already had one 4 month ago
2) My wife's passport (she's the main applicant) expires two days before new interview date. We applied for a new one two months ago and it is almost ready, but it probably won't be delivered on time. Is it a problem? Can we get one more RFE regarding her passport? She has a valid US driving license as form of identification
What was the RFE for?
1. Be sure to show up for the follow-up interview. Never mind the fact that the IL says “Initial Interview” - your FO is possibly using a generic interview letter.
2. That shouldn’t be a problem - the passport is basically going to be used as as ID. Does your wife have any other form of government issued ID which she can use as a backup ID?

p.s. do add your case to the Timeline Spreadsheet.

Hello everyone, I have a question that you may be able to help me with

When sending the payment of $330 dollars to the KCC, they request a self-addressed stamped envelop. Does this mean that in addition to the money order and the form with my CN information, name and other data, I must include an empty envelope with my name and a stamp?

Is there a specific stamp that I should use?

Thank you very much
1. Yes, that is correct. The SASE will be used in mailing back your payment receipt.
2. Stamp in the amount enough to cover the applicable mailing cost. USPS can help you figure that out.

Hello.
1. My own country of citizenship stopped to give an appointment, the last case number was about 33600. But mine is about 35200. Is it problem for my AOS?
2. And I did not recieved any appointment letter from KCC or USCIS after my 2NL. Is it supposed to be like this or can I do AOS in this case?

Hello.
1. My own country of citizenship stopped to give an appointment, the last case number was about 33600. But mine is about 35200. Is it problem for my AOS?
2. And I did not recieved any appointment letter from KCC or USCIS after my 2NL. Is it supposed to be like this or can I do AOS in this case?
1. Not a problem with AOS.
2. 2NL is not a must in order to file for AOS.

Have you actually gone over the AOS process spreadsheet? I hope you realize your case must be approved on or before Sept. 30th which means time may not quite be on your side and you need to get moving.

1. Not a problem with AOS.
2. 2NL is not a must in order to file for AOS.

Have you actually gone over the AOS process spreadsheet? I hope you realize your case must be approved on or before Sept. 30th which means time may not quite be on your side and you need to get moving.
I am waiting for my I-20 right now. My old one ended on 30th June. Other than that I have everything ready. Do you recommend to wait for it or send with my old one?

Sharing my bio experience at ASC NYC Manhattan this morning: Notice for 8/26. I used the USCIS website to reschedule, and it was very easy. The notice arrived on 8/16, the same day I went to the website; many dates were available immediately on the following days (8/19 in my case). After that, it went to pending status (Friday afternoon), and Saturday evening (surprise, around 11 pm), getting an e-mail notification, and a printable notice was available to download from my USCIS account. This morning, there were no issues at all. One guy in front was trying to walk in, and he was struggling with the security guys, but in the end, they let him in. So, just a consideration, if you want to reschedule, this was very easy.

It will be ready in max 10 days.
10 days is quite a lot of wasted time to be waiting at this point IMO. You might as well start the process with what you currently have, keep your fingers crossed and hope you get a RFE for the current I-20, or you get to take along to your interview (if one gets scheduled). The truth here is the fact that you’ve already dug yourself into a hole by letting your I-20 lapse and going into your 60 day grace period when you should have ensured there was no lapse in between the I-20s.

Hi all, I'm checking my case status every day... to get interview invite update, but what I noticed in the docs, that status may not be updated before the interview

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 12.58.42 PM.png

I mean, will I get just a physical mail (paper), and not the case status update in my USCIS online account?
That is usually the case. You may also get a phone call or an email directly from your IO, if they happen to have a sudden opening. If the interview is getting waived, you will see a card production ordered message in your USCIS online account.

Hi, I hope you're all doing well. It's been a week since my interview, but my status still shows "fingerprints were taken". I contacted USCIS, and the agent mentioned that they don’t see any record of my interview being scheduled at all, which they said is unusual. They recommended submitting a Tier 2 Inquiry, but I’m hesitant and wanted to get some opinions here first.

I know the spreadsheet mentions that it’s normal not to receive updates, but since the agent said they should see the interview, I’m a bit concerned.

Any advice on whether I should submit the Tier 2 Inquiry? Thank you so much!