• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom, I'm waiting for the interview to be scheduled. I had a bio-walk-in on August 16th. However, my biometrics were only attached on the 21st, and the USCIS account update appeared on the 22nd with "fingerprints were taken." I made a few inquiries through EMMA regarding the status of my case. The first one told me that it was at the Los Angeles field office, and the second inquiry told me that the case was at NBC. Does that mean the second response is incorrect? Considering the time constraints, when should I make a congressional inquiry regarding the case?
1. You already have the answer to this question seeing as you quoted my post to a similar question with your questions.
2. You can do so now if you like.

Hi Mom,
Just a quick question. Is it normal that my wife and I have the interview at a different time? ( same day, but the time is different)

Hi Mom,
Just a quick question. Is it normal that my wife and I have the interview at a different time? ( same day, but the time is different)
It’s normal for them to issue notices like that, but go together and they will interview you together

Got a call yesterday at 2.46pm from my field office. The officer told me that they want to schedule my interview on 9/3. I said that I will not be in the town then and if it is possible - could they consider another date. The office said she will check and call me back. Never heard from them since. What shall I do? Should I get nervous about not calling me back? I already called twice to the call center - they dont see any undates nor an interview being scheduled

Got a call yesterday at 2.46pm from my field office. The officer told me that they want to schedule my interview on 9/3. I said that I will not be in the town then and if it is possible - could they consider another date. The office said she will check and call me back. Never heard from them since. What shall I do? Should I get nervous about not calling me back? I already called twice to the call center - they dont see any undates nor an interview being scheduled
You should have jumped at the opportunity, and do whatever it takes to be back in town to attend the interview on the offered date. You can't do anything meaningful at this point, except to wait while keeping your fingers crossed and hoping they're able to accommodate your request for another date before the end of the FY. It is quite normal for the call center agents to not see anything about the interview.

You should have jumped at the opportunity, and do whatever it takes to be back in town to attend the interview on the offered date. You can't do anything meaningful at this point, except to wait while keeping your fingers crossed and hoping they're able to accommodate your request for another date before the end of the FY. It is quite normal for the call center agents to not see anything about the interview.
got it, thank you. I left the request to call me back at the call center (they submitted a ticket on my name), does it usually work?

got it, thank you. I left the request to call me back at the call center (they submitted a ticket on my name), does it usually work?
Sometimes. When it works, the call back in this case will be from a Tier 2 agent who most likely will have no input into the interview scheduling, and not necessarily from the IO that tried to schedule the interview.

no, but it is in line with row 74, and the same FO
It would be nice if you could add your own case progress into the Timeline also. You wouldn't have had anything to compare yours with if the referenced line 74 person or anyone else from the same FO as you did not include their case progress on the spreadsheet.

It would be nice if you could add your own case progress into the Timeline also. You wouldn't have had anything to compare yours with if the referenced line 74 person or anyone else from the same FO as you did not include their case progress on the spreadsheet.
sure, I will add my timeline

one more question - if IO calls applicant for the first time to schedule the interview and the applicant does not pick up, they just go ahead and schedule the date?

one more question - if IO calls applicant for the first time to schedule the interview and the applicant does not pick up, they just go ahead and schedule the date?
The applicant, more often ends up being scheduled for a much more later date. When the IOs call or email an applicant, they are trying to help the applicant by bringing them in sooner, especially when there's an open slot due to a cancellation from some other applicant.

That's me. They called me yesterday at 2.53pm and offered me 9/3 interview at 9am. I immediately agreed and they said they will send the letter in the mail.
Congratulations. So happy to know this year's selection is shaping out much more better for you than that of 2023. I'm guessing the NY FO directly calling applicants under the jurisdiction at this point, and addressing DV based applications promptly is as a result of the mess they created back in 2023. I wouldn't be surprised if one or a couple of FO workers lost their jobs as a result.

Best of luck this time around!

Hello everyone. I still didn't hear anything from the FO in Houston and submitted a request through a congressman. The first time they answered that my case was in the NBC and today they sent this answer:

"Good morning Mr. Alevato,

Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent Ms.***** regarding the pending Form 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (MSC2******)

According to USCIS records, your case has been scheduled for interview or the case will be adjudicated with an interview waiver. The Houston Field Office is aware of the diversity visas deadline at the end of the fiscal year which is September 30, 2024. All diversity visas will be adjudicated prior to this deadline. No further action is needed from you. You will be notified of your interview appointment if one is necessary."

This does conclude the inquiry at this time. Should you ever need assistance in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best,

I don't understand, I don't see any changes in my personal account and I haven't received a letter/call with the appointment of the interview date. What should I expect next?

Hello everyone,
I received the "Case received notice" in the first on July and did my biometric in the first of August, and after one month I've not received any update and now we are in the last month,
Am I in trouble? What should I do? Please help me

Hello everyone. I still didn't hear anything from the FO in Houston and submitted a request through a congressman. The first time they answered that my case was in the NBC and today they sent this answer:

"Good morning Mr. Alevato,

Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent Ms.***** regarding the pending Form 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (MSC2******)

According to USCIS records, your case has been scheduled for interview or the case will be adjudicated with an interview waiver. The Houston Field Office is aware of the diversity visas deadline at the end of the fiscal year which is September 30, 2024. All diversity visas will be adjudicated prior to this deadline. No further action is needed from you. You will be notified of your interview appointment if one is necessary."

This does conclude the inquiry at this time. Should you ever need assistance in the future please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best,

I don't understand, I don't see any changes in my personal account and I haven't received a letter/call with the appointment of the interview date. What should I expect next?
It is normal to not see any update until after the case has been adjudicated. The response you received indicates your FO is aware of your application as a DV based application. You can follow-up with your congress-person's and request they assist with obtaining the IL details if the interview has been scheduled as you're yet to receive any IL. You can also contact a USCIS agent via Emma to find out if they're able to see your IL/details.

p.s. you're missing some pertinent details on the Timeline spreadsheet - can you please update those? You can guesstimate any of the dates you no longer remember.

Hello everyone,
I received the "Case received notice" in the first on July and did my biometric in the first of August, and after one month I've not received any update and now we are in the last month,
Am I in trouble? What should I do? Please help me
Start by adding your case to the Timeline spreadsheet as requested in early July.