• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello, can anyone help me with the following subject please

I just see the USCIS website (the following link):

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/preparing-for-your-biometric-services-appointment

It says:
" You may obtain a copy of your own FBI Identity History Summary using the procedures outlined in 28 CFR 16.32. The procedures to change, correct, or update your FBI Identity History Summary are outlined in 28 CFR 16.34. For additional information, please visit the Identity History Summary Checks and Privacy Act Statement pages on the FBI's website. "

Is this really helpful to obtain a copy of my own FBI identity History Summary for the biometric appointment day, and can it help for a faster processing?
I'll be thankful if you can guide me about this, specially if you have any probable experiences around it.

Thank you
Did @Xarthisius not already respond to this earlier on today when you previously asked?

Hi Mom, my case will be pending for over 6 months on July 17th. I am preparing for the worst case if I don't receive any interview notice letter by that time I will initiate a second congressman inquiry in parallel with a USCIS inquiry. The last time I did it took the congressman's office +3 days after I submitted my inquiry on their website to submit my letter to USCIS. Do you recommend initiating the congressman inquiry -3 days before July 17th, or waiting to do it on the exact date? As the time shrinks, a few days matter a lot. I am looking for your advice! Thanks in advance!

Hi Mom, my case will be pending for over 6 months on July 17th. I am preparing for the worst case if I don't receive any interview notice letter by that time I will initiate a second congressman inquiry in parallel with a USCIS inquiry. The last time I did it took the congressman's office +3 days after I submitted my inquiry on their website to submit my letter to USCIS. Do you recommend initiating the congressman inquiry -3 days before July 17th, or waiting to do it on the exact date? As the time shrinks, a few days matter a lot. I am looking for your advice! Thanks in advance!
When was the last time you initiated the congressional inquiry and what was the outcome?

@Sm1smom congressman submitted my inquiry to USCIS on May 17th, and USCIS got back to the congressman's office on June 17th that, the case was under normal processing time and in the Santa Ana field office waiting to be scheduled interview. Template response. even though it had been filed since January 17th.

I wrote to an immigration lawyer. She says that I should apply for a re-parole. what should I do?
Hi, Yeva

We are at same FO. My case has been stuck at the fingerprint stage. Has your case shown any updates on the website, such as "ready to schedule an interview"? I can't believe the Seattle Field Office's efficiency is so low that it takes this long to complete a background check.

Hi, mom

I have a question. I might be overthinking, but since my priority date became current in June and there's only 2 month left until September, can I request an congressional inquiry now to ask when my case might be approved? Alternatively, I could ask for an update on the current status.

@Sm1smom congressman submitted my inquiry to USCIS on May 17th, and USCIS got back to the congressman's office on June 17th that, the case was under normal processing time and in the Santa Ana field office waiting to be scheduled interview. Template response. even though it had been filed since January 17th.
Since the congressional inquiry came back with a response from your FO less than a month ago, I’m not sure they will be open to initiating another congressional inquiry at this point. The primary purpose of a congressional inquiry is to assist with getting a status update, which yours did; or to assist with bringing attention to a case that might have fallen through the cracks. At this point, if eligible to initiate eRequest, that is what I would recommend you proceed with.

Hi, mom

I have a question. I might be overthinking, but since my priority date became current in June and there's only 2 month left until September, can I request a congressional inquiry now to ask when my case might be approved? Alternatively, I could ask for an update on the current status.
I thought you earlier on said your wife received her interview letter? Did you not attend the interview appointment with her?

I thought you earlier on said your wife received her interview letter? Did you not attend the interview appointment with her?
In fact, her case is 'ready to be scheduled for an interview,' not 'scheduled for an interview‘. Therefore, we do not know the specific date of the interview, nor have we received any emails regarding it. When we asked Emma, she also informed us that the date has not been set. However, I noticed that Yeva, who has current month in October, but just received his interview date. So, I'm considering whether we should ask a member of Congress to inquire about the specific date for scheduling the interview. Alternatively, we could urge them to schedule the interview promptly.

My case still shows 'fingerprint' with no updates. Does this mean they are conducting a background check on me? Since I do not find anyone's interview has been waived in Seattle and I believe I must will receive the interview request later.

Mom, I just wanted to say thank you for your support here and mention that adding two things to the spreadsheet would be good for future applicants. First, the link for the lockbox finder — there are two types of cases, like family-based and non-family-based, and I was about to use the wrong lockbox finder but was lucky to see the link you provided in the forum. Second, some countries have mandatory military service and this has not been mentioned in the list of supporting documents. I was doubtful whether I should include that or not at that time.
can you please share the correct lock box address link.Thanks.

In fact, her case is 'ready to be scheduled for an interview,' not 'scheduled for an interview‘. Therefore, we do not know the specific date of the interview, nor have we received any emails regarding it. When we asked Emma, she also informed us that the date has not been set. However, I noticed that Yeva, who has current month in October, but just received his interview date. So, I'm considering whether we should ask a member of Congress to inquire about the specific date for scheduling the interview. Alternatively, we could urge them to schedule the interview promptly.

My case still shows 'fingerprint' with no updates. Does this mean they are conducting a background check on me? Since I do not find anyone's interview has been waived in Seattle and I believe I must will receive the interview request later.
I see, cause a couple of weeks ago you stated she received an interview request and wanted to know if you should accompany her.
Hi, mom

Only my wife received an interview request. Should I accompany her?
Anyway, the ready for interview update doesn’t really mean anything much. And the lack of update on yours also may or may not have anything to do with a pending background check clearance (unless you already know based on past experience or your specific background that you’re likely to be subjected to a prolonged background check).

So based on the report from the other forum member processing at the same FO as yourself, it seems like your FO may be taking a while to schedule the interview.

You may initiate a congressional case inquiry to obtain a status update in general. Your congressional man/woman cannot urge or ask USCIS to expedite any case, all they can do is request status updates which might have been difficult for the applicant to obtain on their own.

I see, cause a couple of weeks ago you stated she received an interview request and wanted to know if you should accompany her.

Anyway, the ready for interview update doesn’t really mean anything much. And the lack of update on yours also may or may not have anything to do with a pending background check clearance (unless you already know based on past experience or your specific background that you’re likely to be subjected to a prolonged background check).

So based on the report from the other forum member processing at the same FO as yourself, it seems like your FO may be taking a while to schedule the interview.

You may initiate a congressional case inquiry to obtain a status update in general. Your congressional man/woman cannot urge or ask USCIS to expedite any case, all they can do is request status updates which might have been difficult for the applicant to obtain on their own.
Hi, mom

I am not very understand "lack of update on yours also may or may not have anything to do with a pending background check clearance" Besides the background check, are there any other reasons that might cause a delay in my interview?

Hi, mom

I am not very understand "lack of update on yours also may or may not have anything to do with a pending background check clearance" Besides the background check, are there any other reasons that might cause a delay in my interview?
You do not know yet if your interview is “delayed”, right? Based on the other two cases from your FO reported on the Timeline spreadsheet, I do not seem anything to support that perception, so I cannot speculate on anything else that could cause a delay.

Since the congressional inquiry came back with a response from your FO less than a month ago, I’m not sure they will be open to initiating another congressional inquiry at this point. The primary purpose of a congressional inquiry is to assist with getting a status update, which yours did; or to assist with bringing attention to a case that might have fallen through the cracks. At this point, if eligible to initiate eRequest, that is what I would recommend you proceed with.
@Sm1smom thanks, can you please help me understand how 45 days are calculated for a new congressman inquiry? is it calculated from the date USCIS responds to the congressman's office or from the date the congressman's office sends an inquiry to USCIS on my behalf?

@Sm1smom thanks, can you please help me understand how 45 days are calculated for a new congressman inquiry? is it calculated from the date USCIS responds to the congressman's office or from the date the congressman's office sends an inquiry to USCIS on my behalf?
Did your congressman’s office ask you to get back in touch if there’s no update after 45 days because I’m not sure where that came from. Anyway, that should be 45 days after receiving the response.

Hello,
I finally got a Notice of Action letter for the final interview. Bio done 06/14 in Oakland, then on 07/03 SF FO scheduled the interview for 08/02.
I'm surprised it takes so long between scheduling and doing the interview, but my case is handled early in the month at each step, or so it seems.
The only original document I don't have is my Engineering Master/Degree from my country's Engineering school. I never needed anything else than the scanned version. The original is stored securely in a container in storage in Europe...needless to say I can't get it that easily - And yeah, it did not occur to me last time I went back (18 months ago) that I should retrieve this document...my bad.
1) Any idea if this would be a deal breaker or if that is up to the officer's discretion?
2) Is there any source of information about how many of the original batch of DV visas have been given already? My understanding is that End of FY is one thing, but the quantity of available visas is also a limit.
3) Can I get access to the timeline file please to provide information about my case?

Thanks!!

Hello,
I finally got a Notice of Action letter for the final interview. Bio done 06/14 in Oakland, then on 07/03 SF FO scheduled the interview for 08/02.
I'm surprised it takes so long between scheduling and doing the interview, but my case is handled early in the month at each step, or so it seems.
The only original document I don't have is my Engineering Master/Degree from my country's Engineering school. I never needed anything else than the scanned version. The original is stored securely in a container in storage in Europe...needless to say I can't get it that easily - And yeah, it did not occur to me last time I went back (18 months ago) that I should retrieve this document...my bad.
1) Any idea if this would be a deal breaker or if that is up to the officer's discretion?
2) Is there any source of information about how many of the original batch of DV visas have been given already? My understanding is that End of FY is one thing, but the quantity of available visas is also a limit.
3) Can I get access to the timeline file please to provide information about my case?

Thanks!!
3. Useful DV AOS Related Documents:
AOS Process Spreadsheet - http://goo.gl/0va2DU

Copy the link into your browser to access the file. If you access, Super mom will grant you access.

Did your congressman’s office ask you to get back in touch if there’s no update after 45 days because I’m not sure where that came from. Anyway, that should be 45 days after receiving the response.
I am not sure about 45 days, somehow I remember it as 45. Then it must be 30 days as you say.