• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

He should take everything he's sending in response to the RFE to the Notary.
Yes mom we will do. Just wondering the paper which he explains his past experience about his military. Should it be his own handwriting or can he type from computer and print it out and sign front of the notary?
Sorry for asking several times.

Yes mom we will do. Just wondering the paper which he explains his past experience about his military. Should it be his own handwriting or can he type from computer and print it out and sign front of the notary?
Sorry for asking several times.
It doesn’t matter. He can type and print it out (preferable), or he can write it out (as long as his writing is clear and legible).

1. Again it all depends on your CS at this point. They may be willing to fill out another set of forms for you (and charge for it of course), or they may insist on you completing the exam all over. The ball is in their court.
2. The CS shouldn’t have added those with the medical report, the original documentation are for your personal records. They just needed to have sighted them and subsequently added the info on the medical report. Anyway, it doesn’t matter anymore what they did at this point. You have the copies which you can always present again if needed.
3. Motion to reconsider takes several months to process, (roughly about 9 months on average), could even take over one year. It is not an option I’ve ever recommended for DV based AOS cases, so even if you’re not about to run out of status, it most likely wouldn’t work for you considering the FY ending is also around the corner. Which is why I was upfront with you from the very beginning by recommending you immediately file a new application.
Hi mom, sorry for asking more questions about this and thank you for your invaluable support. Quoting this message as it is related to my new application in #3. Should I add anything regarding the previous application that has been denied? Just a thought as I'm not sure if it would make things easier for them. But if there is a chance that it will make things complicated, I would rather not to add anything about my denied case and submit this as if it's a brand new application.

Also, do you know if I can send a letter to USCIS, to the attention of FO director (name on my denial letter), to explain why early filing is available, referring all USCIS policies about it in the attachment. You can ignore this question if you think it is stupid but I thought I can try if it doesn't hurt anything.

Just a quick update. The new FO that received the forwarded inquiry just responded to the inquiry and confirmed the scheduling of an interview which the old FO stated. At this point I will just wait for the IL to see which of the FO the interview will be held at. My advise to everyone will be never to change address once you file your AOS as advised here. Thank you and goodluck to us all

Attachments

• IMG_5600.jpeg
    IMG_5600.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 16
Just a quick update. The new FO that received the forwarded inquiry just responded to the inquiry and confirmed the scheduling of an interview which the old FO stated. At this point I will just wait for the IL to see which of the FO the interview will be held at. My advise to everyone will be never to change address once you file your AOS as advised here. Thank you and goodluck to us all
Can you please tell how did you get hold of FO via forwarded inquiry?

Hi mom, sorry for asking more questions about this and thank you for your invaluable support. Quoting this message as it is related to my new application in #3. Should I add anything regarding the previous application that has been denied? Just a thought as I'm not sure if it would make things easier for them. But if there is a chance that it will make things complicated, I would rather not to add anything about my denied case and submit this as if it's a brand new application.

Also, do you know if I can send a letter to USCIS, to the attention of FO director (name on my denial letter), to explain why early filing is available, referring all USCIS policies about it in the attachment. You can ignore this question if you think it is stupid but I thought I can try if it doesn't hurt anything.
1. I don’t understand what filing a motion to reconsider has to do with filing a new I-485, they’re both separate applications. I don’t understand what you’re asking about here.
2. You can write the FO director.

I cannot personally understand what you might be going through right now. It really must be tough and I can see why you anxious bout getting the old case reopened. But I will suggest you just go ahead and do what the experts have been saying for a while now and just submit the new application and forget the old one totally. Trying to reopen it or get someone to go back and reopen or take a look might just lead to days flying by and the fiscal year coming to an end. If I were you, I will just submit the new one asap and hope to get my bio waived and just hope it moves fast as other cases have. I personally don’t think you can have an old case reopened while a new case is also ongoing for DV at once. This is just my opinion and I hope everything works out for us all by September 2024

1. I don’t understand what filing a motion to reconsider has to do with filing a new I-485, they’re both separate applications. I don’t understand what you’re asking about here.
2. You can write the FO director.
1. Thank you and sorry for not being clear with my 1st question. I meant to ask whether I should add any note to my new application regarding my old, denied application. For example, a letter that explains that this is a new application because the previous one was denied due to early filing. But I'm rereading your response and I think I shouldn't since they are two separate applications. Thanks!

2. I will send a letter to the FO director to see if I can convince them to reconsider my old, denied case while processing my new application in #1. In the worst case, they ignore it and nothing happens with my denied application.

Hello MOM
My name on the list is ‘Can’ I couldnt update it.
As you suggested, congressional inquiry on May 9th. I received the following e-mail on May 31st. USCIS wrote to the congressman office. They passed it on to me. Do you think everything's okay? Will this application work? The 45-day period they say expires on July 15th. My number is around 11,000. I'm still nervous, what do you think?I was current in January and since then I haven't had any updates other than a fingerprint appointment. Should I think something is wrong? Time is running out. I am attaching the letter from the USCIS
Thank you for your inquiry, dated May 15, 2024 on behalf of your constituent, Ms.xxxxxxxx regarding her pending form I-485.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate this application remains pending at the Washington Field Office (WAS) and has been assigned to an officer for adjudication.

If you have not received an update in the next 45 days, please follow up with the Washington Field Office (WAS) by responding to this email or contacting the Washington Field Office."

1. Thank you and sorry for not being clear with my 1st question. I meant to ask whether I should add any note to my new application regarding my old, denied application. For example, a letter that explains that this is a new application because the previous one was denied due to early filing. But I'm rereading your response and I think I shouldn't since they are two separate applications. Thanks!
They will know all your history with uscis.

Hello MOM
As you suggested, congressional inquiry on May 9th. I received the following e-mail on May 31st. USCIS wrote to the congressman office. They passed it on to me. Do you think everything's okay? Will this application work? The 45-day period they say expires on July 15th. My number is around 11,000. I'm still nervous, what do you think?I was current in January and since then I haven't had any updates other than a fingerprint appointment. Should I think something is wrong? Time is running out. I am attaching the letter from the USCIS
Thank you for your inquiry, dated May 15, 2024 on behalf of your constituent, Ms.xxxxxxxx regarding her pending form I-485.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate this application remains pending at the Washington Field Office (WAS) and has been assigned to an officer for adjudication.

If you have not received an update in the next 45 days, please follow up with the Washington Field Office (WAS) by responding to this email or contacting the Washington Field Office."
Can you see from the timeline spreadsheet if it looks like your FO usually batches DV interviews?

Hello MOM

You need to send an access request directly from the spreadsheet in order to edit/update it. Also making the username on both platforms makes it easy to cross reference and respond to questions as applicable.

The spreadsheet lists your FO as Fairfax, VA. But your above post shows Washington. Did you relocate after filing?

Hi everyone,
just have a question regarding the return of receipt for DV processing fee timeline? How long did it take for some of you to receive the receipt and I just sent mine recently and it seems to be taking almost a month now. Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone,
just have a question regarding the return of receipt for DV processing fee timeline? How long did it take for some of you to receive the receipt and I just sent mine recently and it seems to be taking almost a month now. Thanks a lot!
Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet. The information is listed there.