• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Mom, I just wanted to say thank you for your support here and mention that adding two things to the spreadsheet would be good for future applicants. First, the link for the lockbox finder — there are two types of cases, like family-based and non-family-based, and I was about to use the wrong lockbox finder but was lucky to see the link you provided in the forum. Second, some countries have mandatory military service and this has not been mentioned in the list of supporting documents. I was doubtful whether I should include that or not at that time.

Mom, I just wanted to say thank you for your support here and mention that adding two things to the spreadsheet would be good for future applicants. First, the link for the lockbox finder — there are two types of cases, like family-based and non-family-based, and I was about to use the wrong lockbox finder but was lucky to see the link you provided in the forum. Second, some countries have mandatory military service and this has not been mentioned in the list of supporting documents. I was doubtful whether I should include that or not at that time.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Military records are not listed as required by USCIS for AOS, (even for those from countries with mandatory military service), so it is also not listed on the AOS Process Spreadsheet as "required". However, if you take a look at the "Pros_Cons AOS/CP" tab/sheet of the AOS Process Spreadsheet, you will notice the section under the AOS column that says "No Military Records Required (but it doesn't hurt to include if you already have it)". None inclusion of military records, even by those who are from countries with mandatory military service, has not been an issue in the past AFAIK.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Military records are not listed as required by USCIS for AOS, (even for those from countries with mandatory military service), so it is also not listed on the AOS Process Spreadsheet as "required". However, if you take a look at the "Pros_Cons AOS/CP" tab/sheet of the AOS Process Spreadsheet, you will notice the section under the AOS column that says "No Military Records Required (but it doesn't hurt to include if you already have it)". None inclusion of military records, even by those who are from countries with mandatory military service, has not been an issue in the past AFAIK.
You are absolutely right, I didn't pay enough attention to notice that under that section.
thank you!

Hello. I was scheduled for an interview on July 25th. Do I understand correctly that while my case is under consideration and USCIS has not given an answer or closed my case, I have the right to legally stay in the United States?

I'm worried that my status (Ukrainian humanitarian parole) ends on July 24th 2024. And on the July 25th 2024 I have an interview, won't that be a problem?
I wrote to an immigration lawyer. She says that I should apply for a re-parole. what should I do?

Hi mom, i might have made a mistake on my new i-485. I marked ‘no’ for the question “have you ever been denied a visa to US (part 8, question 15)” although i got a denial letter for my previous i-485 application due to early filing. My new file has just arrived in lockbox yesterday on july 5th. Is that a mistake that i should worry about? If it is, Is there a way to correct it now ? Many thanks for your help.

I485 application is not a visa.
This is a huge relief indeed! Thank you!!
I485 application is not a visa.
this is a huge relief, thank you! Actually, I was thinking the same but then i remember reading another post that says it is should be marked as ‘yes’ if there is a denial for AOS due to early filing. I can try to find the post if needed but it was an old post,sometime in 2019. Wonder if @Sm1smom thinks the same. Appreciate you all for your help! Your help is my key motivation to cope with the stress these days.

Dear Mom,
I just see the USCIS website (the following link)

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/preparing-for-your-biometric-services-appointment

And I found this:
" You may obtain a copy of your own FBI Identity History Summary using the procedures outlined in 28 CFR 16.32. The procedures to change, correct, or update your FBI Identity History Summary are outlined in 28 CFR 16.34. For additional information, please visit the Identity History Summary Checks and Privacy Act Statement pages on the FBI's website. "

Is this really helpful to obtain a copy of my own FBI identity History Summary for the biometric appointment, and can it help for a faster processing?
I'll be thankful if you can guide me about this subject and share your probable experiences.
Thank you

this is a huge relief, thank you! Actually, I was thinking the same but then i remember reading another post that says it is should be marked as ‘yes’ if there is a denial for AOS due to early filing. I can try to find the post if needed but it was an old post,sometime in 2019. Wonder if @Sm1smom thinks the same. Appreciate you all for your help! Your help is my key motivation to cope with the stress these days.
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2019-aos-only.337772/post-2496334 Search button really does wonders.

I truly appreciate your help and sorry for the oversight on my end. I did see this first post (see #3 below) on May 19,2019 and wanted to confirm 'no' is the correct answer to the "Have you ever been denied a visa to US?" question. I'm re-reading the original post of Mechanici23, and apparently back in those days there was a question " have you ever been denied for getting an immigration visa" which I believe does not exist in the I-485 form anymore.

I am so sorry to read of your interview experience. Your IO clearly engaged in an abuse of power, and it was done in such an unprofessional way! You have the option of filing a complaint of discrimination and misconduct against this person. Here’s a link to the Policy Manual for more information on where and how to file these two complaints.

Now to your question:
1a. Does your FO allow INFOPASS? If it does, that’s your first option - look for an immediate opening and book one. If there’s no immediate opening, attempt a walk in. You’ll need to beg and explain your situation to the security guards in order for them to admit you without a scheduled appointment.
1b. Forget about motion to reconsider - you don’t have enough time to complete that (it takes a while). Best bet is to file a new petition at this point, if INFOPASS doesn’t lead to a reconsideration of the current decision.

2. Your DV administrative fee payment receipt is still valid, no new payment required for that.

3. You will not be issued with a new A# and you have to answer “Yes” yo the have you ever been denied .... question.

4. You will need a new medical exam. My recommendation is to submit it with the new package, don’t create opportunities for them to further delay your petition or issue some unnecessary RFI.

5. You don’t need a lawyer to file - lawyers can’t influence the filing process. But you may decide to hire one to attend the interview with you when you get to that stage.

I’m in alignment with Xarthisius’ response.

One more question please. I filed a new application after the first denial and it seems it is delivered to lockbox now. How can i confirm that its received? I sent it via Fedex.
Also, I cannot see the denial for the first application in the website, last action is still fingerprints. Does it have anything to do with the new application? There no such thing as “ in order for uscis to receive a new application, old should be denied in the system”, right? Thank you!

One more question please. I filed a new application after the first denial and it seems it is delivered to lockbox now. How can i confirm that its received? I sent it via Fedex.
Also, I cannot see the denial for the first application in the website, last action is still fingerprints. Does it have anything to do with the new application? There no such thing as “ in order for uscis to receive a new application, old should be denied in the system”, right? Thank you!
If you have included Form G-1145, you will be informed via SMS about acceptance.
Secondly, if your previous case was somehow reopened, having multiple cases would not cause any trouble for you.

1. When you receive the text/email notification, or the NOA.
2. You already received the official denial letter, whatever you’re still seeing or not seeing online regarding the first filing is irrelevant at this point.

Hello, can anyone help me with the following subject please

I just see the USCIS website (the following link):

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/preparing-for-your-biometric-services-appointment

It says:
" You may obtain a copy of your own FBI Identity History Summary using the procedures outlined in 28 CFR 16.32. The procedures to change, correct, or update your FBI Identity History Summary are outlined in 28 CFR 16.34. For additional information, please visit the Identity History Summary Checks and Privacy Act Statement pages on the FBI's website. "

Is this really helpful to obtain a copy of my own FBI identity History Summary for the biometric appointment day, and can it help for a faster processing?
I'll be thankful if you can guide me about this, specially if you have any probable experiences around it.

Thank you

Hello, can anyone help me with the following subject please

I just see the USCIS website (the following link):

It says:

Is this really helpful to obtain a copy of my own FBI identity History Summary for the biometric appointment day, and can it help for a faster processing?
I'll be thankful if you can guide me about this, specially if you have any probable experiences around it.

Thank you
your question has already been addressed!

If you have included Form G-1145, you will be informed via SMS about acceptance.
Secondly, if your previous case was somehow reopened, having multiple cases would not cause any trouble for you.
Thank you! Yes, I did add the G-1145. And, I’m trying to have them reopen my denied case thru congressional inquiry in the mean time. So, knowing the fact that multiple cases don’t cause any issues is very helpful! Thanks again!
1. When you receive the text/email notification, or the NOA.
2. You already received the official denial letter, whatever you’re still seeing or not seeing online regarding the first filing is irrelevant at this point.
Thank you mom. I received the sms a week later than the filing date i see on my decision letter for the first application hence i wanted to ask. I don’t have too many days left before my authorized stay expires but hopefully it will come before it expires. Fingers crossed.