• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

There's nothing to coordinate. Do not inform them about anything until you have a physical GC in your hand.
Friend of mine switched from F1 to H1B and he got USCIS approval and sevis termination email from university almost simultaneously.
I believe there is a way for university’s ISA to see my status.

the early filing link does not have the earlier document anymore. It says "superseded content ". The AOS link for DS section does not mention early filing anymore. Thoughts?

This is the newest update below. And I have updated the speadsheet as well.
Does this mean applications were approved? This took only 39 days since delivery and they ordered cards in the very first date of immidate visa avalibility, thanks MOM!

However, there are updates only for two applications (wife - principal applicant and our daughter) out of three. Mine is still pending.
I am wondering if it is due to system updates or due to some additional backround check for myself. Should I be concerned?

Another theory - I have my Sevis active as F1 student, maybe they should coordinate the status change with my university.
Congratulations on the approved cases. Yours may be waiting on background check clearance, the pending update has nothing to do with your SEVIS status still showing you active as F1, nor does it require some sort of coordination with your school. For now, continue to maintain your F1 status until you’ve received your GC, just like @Xarthisius already recommended above.

1. should the Money order of $1440 be addressed to U.S Department of Homeland?
2.What should be the address - Missouri as for the $330 or of the lock box ?
Thanks.

Hi mom !We received our SSN today. I noticed that all cards write “valid for work only with DHS authorization “ Is this what it should write?

Hi mom !We received our SSN today. I noticed that all cards write “valid for work only with DHS authorization “ Is this what it should write?
You'll need to visit your nearest SSA office with your GC to apply for a replacement SSN card without DHS restriction written on it.

You'll need to visit your nearest SSA office with your GC to apply for a replacement SSN card without DHS restriction written on it.
If I already have an SSN card from the time I was in nonimmigrant status (with the same wording), will I need to replace my SSN card after I become a permanent resident?

Mom I have one more last question.Tomorrow I am going to send my husbands’ response for Rfe to Uscis .He wrote what they wanted.Should he sign it in his handwriting or as a printout from the computer?And then I will notarized it.Thanks

Hi Mom,

I have a high CN of 47xxx, and my number hasn't become current in July or August. Do you think there's still hope that my number will become current in September? I plan to pay the application fee just to take a chance, as I still need to get the receipt.

I need to move from California to Florida for 2 months. Does this count as a change of location? Will it create problems, or is it better to just use my address in California?

Additionally, if I plan to use yearly filing and hypothetically my number becomes current in September, when do I need to send the I-485? One month before, in August?

Thank you for all your work that you do in this forum.

Mom I have one more last question.Tomorrow I am going to send my husbands’ response for Rfe to Uscis .He wrote what they wanted.Should he sign it in his handwriting or as a printout from the computer?And then I will notarized it.Thanks
I'm not sure what you mean by you will notarize it. You are not the one that notarizes the RFE response. You husband meets with a Notary who will witness him sign the documents/verify his identity.

I'm not sure what you mean by you will notarize it. You are not the one that notarizes the RFE response. You husband meets with a Notary who will witness him sign the documents/verify his identity.
Yes, sorry for my poor English.He will do like that. Only would the paper which he wrote by handwriting or as a printout from computer.

Hi Mom,

I have a high CN of 47xxx, and my number hasn't become current in July or August. Do you think there's still hope that my number will become current in September? I plan to pay the application fee just to take a chance, as I still need to get the receipt.

I need to move from California to Florida for 2 months. Does this count as a change of location? Will it create problems, or is it better to just use my address in California?

Additionally, if I plan to use yearly filing and hypothetically my number becomes current in September, when do I need to send the I-485? One month before, in August?

Thank you for all your work that you do in this forum.
1. I have no idea if your CN will become current or not. I do not analyze VB progression.
2. If your move is a temporary one and you will have access to your current mailbox while you're out of State, it is not considered a change of location, and there is no need to submit an AR11 change of address form to USCIS.
3. Early filing provides an opportunity to file for AOS about two months ahead of when the CN becomes current based on Advanced Notification section of the VB. For folks whose CNs becomes current in September, they may file anything from July (after the VB comes out), or August, if they're doing early filing.