• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello,
I finally got a Notice of Action letter for the final interview. Bio done 06/14 in Oakland, then on 07/03 SF FO scheduled the interview for 08/02.
I'm surprised it takes so long between scheduling and doing the interview, but my case is handled early in the month at each step, or so it seems.
The only original document I don't have is my Engineering Master/Degree from my country's Engineering school. I never needed anything else than the scanned version. The original is stored securely in a container in storage in Europe...needless to say I can't get it that easily - And yeah, it did not occur to me last time I went back (18 months ago) that I should retrieve this document...my bad.
1) Any idea if this would be a deal breaker or if that is up to the officer's discretion?
2) Is there any source of information about how many of the original batch of DV visas have been given already? My understanding is that End of FY is one thing, but the quantity of available visas is also a limit.
3) Can I get access to the timeline file please to provide information about my case?

Thanks!!
You need to send your access request directly from the Timeline spreadsheet.

It must be 30 days as I said? I don’t recall ever telling you or anyone to wait a specific number of days before initiating a congressional follow-up.
@Sm1smom my bad, please ignore. I remember someone had a similar issue and mentioned waiting some specific number of days. So there is no cool-down period before initiating a new congressman inquiry as I understood? Thanks in advance!

@Sm1smom do you think it's okay to try to call USCIS/chat with Emma regarding my case and the e-Request I opened to inquiry about their status? Maybe it'll bring more attention to my case.

Hi Mom,
It's almost four weeks after my bio (taken on 6/12). One of the updates I got from EMMA is that my case hasn't been assigned to an officer in Chicago FO on 7/1 (They said my case is in NBC today but I don't think that's true). Considering that we're getting closer to the end of the FY, would you suggest me to send out a congressional inquiry maybe 5 weeks after my bio? I'm also considering changing to CP so I'd like to make my decision asap. Thank you!

Can you see from the timeline spreadsheet if it looks like your FO usually batches DV interviews?
In this year's table, there are no other files pending in the same office. But in last year's table, approval came without an interview. They are approved within 2 or 3 months after the application is made. It's been almost 6 months for us and we still haven't heard anything other than fingerprints.

Hi Mom,
It's almost four weeks after my bio (taken on 6/12). One of the updates I got from EMMA is that my case hasn't been assigned to an officer in Chicago FO on 7/1 (They said my case is in NBC today but I don't think that's true). Considering that we're getting closer to the end of the FY, would you suggest me to send out a congressional inquiry maybe 5 weeks after my bio? I'm also considering changing to CP so I'd like to make my decision asap. Thank you!
1. Compared to similar cases from your FO, does it seem like your case is outside the reported processing timeline? If it is not, my recommend is to exercise some patience in that case. But you can always initiate a congressional case inquiry at this point if you like.
2. Regarding switching over to CP, I'm sorry to inform you that both has already sailed IMO.

I'm also considering changing to CP so I'd like to make my decision asap. Thank you!
Consular interview letters for the final month of the fiscal year have likely already been finalized or will be very close to being finalized. You have no time to switch.

1. Compared to similar cases from your FO, does it seem like your case is outside the reported processing timeline? If it is not, my recommend is to exercise some patience in that case. But you can always initiate a congressional case inquiry at this point if you like.
2. Regarding switching over to CP, I'm sorry to inform you that both has already sailed IMO.
1) It usually takes a few months(2-5) to complete the process after bio in my FO but I won't have that much time to wait.
2) Alright. Thank you :(

1) It usually takes a few months(2-5) to complete the process after bio in my FO but I won't have that much time to wait.
2) Alright. Thank you :(
Your FO is aware of the deadline associated with DV based cases. That gets taken into account as part of the adjudication process, especially towards the end of the FY.

You need to send an access request directly from the spreadsheet in order to edit/update it. Also making the username on both platforms makes it easy to cross reference and respond to questions as applicable.

The spreadsheet lists your FO as Fairfax, VA. But your above post shows Washington. Did you relocate after filing?
No, location is fairfax but name is washington. Actually its washingtin office

You need to send an access request directly from the spreadsheet in order to edit/update it. Also making the username on both platforms makes it easy to cross reference and respond to questions as applicable.

The spreadsheet lists your FO as Fairfax, VA. But your above post shows Washington. Did you relocate after filing?
How can I send a request to update it?

How can I send a request to update it?
Oh, I see. You can leave it as is in that case. Meanwhile in order to update the Timeline spreadsheet for any other reason, you need to follow the below listed steps:
1. Click the Green View Only dropdown at the top of the spreadsheet
2. Follow the instructions beneath it

Oh, I see. You can leave it as is in that case. Meanwhile in order to update the Timeline spreadsheet for any other reason, you need to follow the below listed steps:
1. Click the Green View Only dropdown at the top of the spreadsheet
2. Follow the instructions beneath it
What do you think my situation right now? i checked the table whose number around 20k they got their cards but i m still waiting. Uscis said someone taking care of our case but i m really nervous.

What do you think my situation right now? i checked the table whose number around 20k they got their cards but i m still waiting. Uscis said someone taking care of our case but i m really nervous.

Hello MOM
My name on the list is ‘Can’ I couldnt update it.
As you suggested, congressional inquiry on May 9th. I received the following e-mail on May 31st. USCIS wrote to the congressman office. They passed it on to me. Do you think everything's okay? Will this application work? The 45-day period they say expires on July 15th. My number is around 11,000. I'm still nervous, what do you think?I was current in January and since then I haven't had any updates other than a fingerprint appointment. Should I think something is wrong? Time is running out. I am attaching the letter from the USCIS
Thank you for your inquiry, dated May 15, 2024 on behalf of your constituent, Ms.xxxxxxxx regarding her pending form I-485.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate this application remains pending at the Washington Field Office (WAS) and has been assigned to an officer for adjudication.

If you have not received an update in the next 45 days, please follow up with the Washington Field Office (WAS) by responding to this email or contacting the Washington Field Office."

So since the last update you got from your FO says to contact them after 45 days if you've not had any update, so I recommend you wait and send a follow-up email on July 15th which is basically one week from now. I understand you're feeling nervous and quite concerned at this point, but you just need to continue keeping your fingers crossed while hoping for the best. There's really no point in thinking maybe something is wrong with your case since you have not been officially informed in that regards. Hang in there!

So since the last update you got from your FO says to contact them after 45 days if you've not had any update, so I recommend you wait and send a follow-up email on July 15th which is basically one week from now. I understand you're feeling nervous and quite concerned at this point, but you just need to continue keeping your fingers crossed while hoping for the best. There's really no point in thinking maybe something is wrong with your case since you have not been officially informed in that regards. Hang in there!
Thank you very much for your support, time is running out and I am afraid that the numbers will run out. and it is demoralizing when I don't get an interview or confirmation even though my number is not high.

Hi, Yeva

We are at same FO. My case has been stuck at the fingerprint stage. Has your case shown any updates on the website, such as "ready to schedule an interview"? I can't believe the Seattle Field Office's efficiency is so low that it takes this long to complete a background check.
Hello! I contacted the congressman and he helped me a lot. Now I know the exact interview date for me and my wife and daughter. You may initiate a congressional case inquiry to obtain a status update in general.