• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello. Thanks you for this amazing community. I have a question. I am DV2024 selectee with case number 2024AS42XXX and currently in the United States. I understand this is a very high case number. Having said that, I posted a question on Brit Simon's page if I should be paying the DV fee. His opinion was to hold it until my case number becomes current, which I guess is a bit difficult. But I have come across a response from you on this forum that a DV fee will trigger a 2NL. So therefore, I would like to ask you what is your take on this aspect based on my case number. Appreciate all your help.

Hello. Thanks you for this amazing community. I have a question. I am DV2024 selectee with case number 2024AS42XXX and currently in the United States. I understand this is a very high case number. Having said that, I posted a question on Brit Simon's page if I should be paying the DV fee. His opinion was to hold it until my case number becomes current, which I guess is a bit difficult. But I have come across a response from you on this forum that a DV fee will trigger a 2NL. So therefore, I would like to ask you what is your take on this aspect based on my case number. Appreciate all your help.
Same as Simon’s. Also recommend you go over the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

Hi @Sm1smom,

My spouse recieved her OPT after her masters degree, and eventually got her EAD card in Feb 2020. She only volunteered at that time (hirings were halted due to covid). In July 2020, she transferred to a different school for a PhD. Now we cant locate where the i797 Notice of Action for the OPT is available.

My questions are
1. Are NOA issued for post completion OPT?
2. If so, where is this located?
3. Do we need letter of volunteering from her OPT employment in application packet?
4. Or is EAD card enough?

Thanks!
@Sm1smom, hi mom, I would be grateful if you would confirm this, or have additional suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Hello, I’m from Azerbaijan, case number is 49k. I have one question, when I applied for green card I applied as single. Now I want to get married and apply for adjustment of status with my fiance together as we both are here in the US. Do you recommend getting married asap or I can go as planned and get married in March 2024? Would it be suspicious to get married at that time or I should get married asap? Overall, what would you recommend in our case?

Hello, I’m from Azerbaijan, case number is 49k. I have one question, when I applied for green card I applied as single. Now I want to get married and apply for adjustment of status with my fiance together as we both are here in the US. Do you recommend getting married asap or I can go as planned and get married in March 2024? Would it be suspicious to get married at that time or I should get married asap? Overall, what would you recommend in our case?
It’s no longer your fiancé that got selected, it’s now you? And what happened to we want to get married in summer? Anyways, previous response provided here still applies.

Hello,
Can anyone please explain how I should proceed with the DV-260 payment fee?
I submitted the online application yesterday, and I'm unsure how to proceed with the payment.
Should I wait for the email from KCC, or can I directly send the check to the address:
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Thanks!

Hello,
Can anyone please explain how I should proceed with the DV-260 payment fee?
I submitted the online application yesterday, and I'm unsure how to proceed with the payment.
Should I wait for the email from KCC, or can I directly send the check to the address:
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Thanks!
There’s no such thing as DV-260 payment fee. Go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet as recommended back in May, doing so will greatly enhance your understanding of the DV based AOS process.

Hello, please tell me, I won the lottery 2024, and I am a Ukrainian "parole" under the u4u program and being in the USA, but I also want to apply for political asylum, do I lose the right to participate in the u4u program (incl. the right to a further extension of the SAD under the u4yu program and the right to a green card through the lottery) or not? sorry for my english, i'm just learning.

Hello, please tell me, I won the lottery 2024, and I am a Ukrainian "parole" under the u4u program and being in the USA, but I also want to apply for political asylum, do I lose the right to participate in the u4u program (incl. the right to a further extension of the SAD under the u4yu program and the right to a green card through the lottery) or not? sorry for my english, i'm just learning.
I recommend you speak with an experienced immigration lawyer to figure out the status issue, I cannot help you with political asylum related questions and potential loss of status or otherwise. We however can assist if you have DV related questions.

There’s no such thing as DV-260 payment fee. Go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet as recommended back in May, doing so will greatly enhance your understanding of the DV based AOS process.
I'm referring to the DV administrative fee $330, if I should wait to receive the email from KCC to send it or not ?1687203806821.png

I'm referring to the DV administrative fee $330, if I should wait to receive the email from KCC to send it or not ?View attachment 4206
You can make the DV Administrative Fee payment, (not DV260 payment as there’s no such thing) whenever you like - you’re not required to wait for the 2NL based on DS260 submission before making the payment.

Hey Mom! I am preparing to mail off my AOS bundle and have one quick question.
I am on a H1B visa and my husband on and L1. It is very clear that we therefore do not need to file a form I-131... but is there any harm or any benefit in including it? As re-entry is at the discretion of the immigration official, I was thinking maybe an extra form of 'insurance' in a way may not be a bad thing?

additionally, I'm stuck in the 'information about your immigrant category' section of form I-485.
I believe that receipt number of underlying petition is N/A.
For priority date from underlying petition, I assume this is the month that my number (EU4XXX) came active... so May 2023?

additionally, I'm stuck in the 'information about your immigrant category' section of form I-485.
I believe that receipt number of underlying petition is N/A.
For priority date from underlying petition, I assume this is the month that my number (EU4XXX) came active... so May 2023?
AOS spreadsheet (linked in the first post) has an example I-485 (see AOS Package tab, first row, column 'Comments'). It answers your question.

I am on a H1B visa and my husband on and L1. It is very clear that we therefore do not need to file a form I-131... but is there any harm or any benefit in including it? As re-entry is at the discretion of the immigration official, I was thinking maybe an extra form of 'insurance' in a way may not be a bad thing?
The AP does not provide any extra form of insurance - you're either eligible to be re-admitted (or paroled as the case may be) or not. The primary purpose of the AP card is to ensure the pending AOS application is not deemed abandoned following a temporary departure from the US if the applicant does not currently have a dual intent visa/status when the AOS application was filed.

The AP does not provide any extra form of insurance - you're either eligible to be re-admitted (or paroled as the case may be) or not. The primary purpose of the AP card is to ensure the pending AOS application is not deemed abandoned following a temporary departure from the US if the applicant does not currently have a dual intent visa/status when the AOS application was filed.
Thank you for confirming, much appreciated

You're mailing off your AOS bundle now for the 2024 DV lottery? Has your case number been called? I didn't think that started until October 2023.