• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I have no idea if that will be an issue or not, as I do not know the typical format of B/C from your country. So you need to take a look at the Reciprocity Page (link below) to confirm if what you have is from the same issuing authority listed there or not. If it is not from the listed issuing authority for your birth country, then yes, it will be an issue.

Thanks mom for this. I see that this page lists that B/C may only have father and grandfather's name in my country, but can differ between issuing posts.

Hi Mom,
I have a question about the fee payment process (330$). If I have 3 family members do I need to send 3 money orders for 330$ or I can write the 990$ amount for all family members in one money order? TIA!

Hi Mom,
I have a question about the fee payment process (330$). If I have 3 family members do I need to send 3 money orders for 330$ or I can write the 990$ amount for all family members in one money order? TIA!
Single payment of $990

Hey! I am preparing my AOS bundle as I await my DV payment receipt, and have hit one roadbump- the DS-2019.
Both myself and my husband had J1 visas 11 years ago. I can tell via email chain (employer at the time requesting that we bring these forms to get social security cards) that we did have DS-2019s, but I cannot remember what this looked like or where it might be.
Is this a strictly required document/ and if so any idea where one would obtain a copy? Google is not assisting me here.

Hey! I am preparing my AOS bundle as I await my DV payment receipt, and have hit one roadbump- the DS-2019.
Both myself and my husband had J1 visas 11 years ago. I can tell via email chain (employer at the time requesting that we bring these forms to get social security cards) that we did have DS-2019s, but I cannot remember what this looked like or where it might be.
Is this a strictly required document/ and if so any idea where one would obtain a copy? Google is not assisting me here.

The I-485 instructions says:

If you previously held or currently hold J-1 (principal) or J-2 (dependent) nonimmigrant exchange visitor status, you must submit copies of all relevant Forms IAP-66 and/or Forms DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status, ever issued to you (if available)

**(bold and underscore emphasis mine)

Hello, Is there a possibility to add a column in the time line spreadsheet showing some how the complexity of the case number? Like for e.g. add a column showing number of derivatives? the dates between initial submission to GC received is all over the place for a particular CN month. It would be beneficial to add some flavour to it (Alteast for future DV years)

Hello, Is there a possibility to add a column in the time line spreadsheet showing some how the complexity of the case number? Like for e.g. add a column showing number of derivatives? the dates between initial submission to GC received is all over the place for a particular CN month. It would be beneficial to add some flavour to it (Alteast for future DV years)
While the number of derivatives may be a good to know thing, it really is redundant data as it has no bearing on case processing, which is what the Spreadsheet is striving to achieve.

Dates between initial submission to GC received is all over the place because of variables such as background check clearance, each FO’s independent process for managing DV based AOS cases, the FOs workload, etc.

The best way to analyze the data on the spreadsheet is by comparing cases within the same FO, and not by the CN current month because all the FOs operate independently once they receive the case filed from the NBC.

Open to reviewing any other ideas/recommendations you may have with regards to making the spreadsheet more flavorful.

The I-485 instructions says:

If you previously held or currently hold J-1 (principal) or J-2 (dependent) nonimmigrant exchange visitor status, you must submit copies of all relevant Forms IAP-66 and/or Forms DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status, ever issued to you (if available)

**(bold and underscore emphasis mine)
Thank you! Ok phew, the if available is reassuring. We've submitted requests to have copies of the old ones reissued, but not holding our breaths on this! Appreciate the help

Can someone please confirm if the DV lottery fees is 330$ per person regardless of the age right? its 330$ for a toddler as well right?

The DV Administrative Fee is the same amount for the selectee and any/all of their applicable derivatives. It is the same amount for a day old baby as a matter of fact.

Dear all,

As the bulletin has been published, my immigration lawyer taking care of my case sent me the following:

Based on our review of the material you sent to us your lottery cut off number is Europe 45xxx.

In the July 2023 visa bulletin, the cut off number in your category is: 32,000. Per the Visa Bulletin, when an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number.

Since your cut off number is above the cut off number on the visa bulletin, you are considered to be outside of the allocated numbers to be able to apply - therefore, you are not yet able to apply for your immigrant visa number via your DV Lottery Selection in July 2023.

Please note that the August 2023 visa bulletin should be published by July 15, 2023. If your number is below the published number for August, then you may be eligible to apply at that time. However, please note that USCIS will need to accept the application and process fingerprints in connection with a I-485 Adjustment of Status application. As such, there might not be enough time for USCIS to Adjudicate your I-485 case by September 30, 2023 which is the date your diversity lottery selection expires.

If your diversity visa lottery selection expires, you would not be able to file your I-485 application based on your lottery selection.

Could you please explain what is the September, 30 deadline for the i485? I thought I had until September 30, 2024.
I think he thinks I got DV2023, I sent him an email to clarify the situation.
Thanks a lot for your support, this got me really nervous

Last edited:
Dear all,

As the bulletin has been published, my immigration lawyer taking care of my case sent me the following:

Could you please explain what is the September, 30 deadline for the i485? I thought I had until September 30, 2024.
I think he thinks I got DV2023, I sent him an email to clarify the situation.
Thanks a lot for your support, this got me really nervous

He confirmed he made a mistake, please discard my previous message.

Hi @Sm1smom,

My spouse recieved her OPT after her masters degree, and eventually got her EAD card in Feb 2020. She only volunteered at that time (hirings were halted due to covid). In July 2020, she transferred to a different school for a PhD. Now we cant locate where the i797 Notice of Action for the OPT is available.

My questions are
1. Are NOA issued for post completion OPT?
2. If so, where is this located?
3. Do we need letter of volunteering from her OPT employment in application packet?
4. Or is EAD card enough?

Thanks!

My spouse recieved her OPT after her masters degree, and eventually got her EAD card in Feb 2020. She only volunteered at that time (hirings were halted due to covid). In July 2020, she transferred to a different school for a PhD. Now we cant locate where the i797 Notice of Action for the OPT is available.

My questions are
1. Are NOA issued for post completion OPT?
2. If so, where is this located?
3. Do we need letter of volunteering from her OPT employment in application packet?
4. Or is EAD card enough?

Thanks!
AFAIR whenever university applies for I-765 (I assume that was the case with your wife) they keep all original NOAs and only give you the "i-94" part of it. When I went for my AOS interview I had to "borrow" them from ISSS (International Student and Scholar Services - department that takes care of immi stuff for students/academic professionals). They should have them.