• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi mom,

I am planning of skipping the DS260 after weighing in the options. Thinking of making the DV payment soon though. I am moving out of the address mentioned in the 1NL to a new address (as I mentioned already).

1. Is this going to be an issue with the Dept of State?
2.I plan to update my address with USCIS soon, but is there anything/anywhere with the State that needs updating that I am unaware of?

Hi mom,

I am planning of skipping the DS260 after weighing in the options. Thinking of making the DV payment soon though. I am moving out of the address mentioned in the 1NL to a new address (as I mentioned already).

1. Is this going to be an issue with the Dept of State?
2.I plan to update my address with USCIS soon, but is there anything/anywhere with the State that needs updating that I am unaware of?
1. Is what going to be an issue with the Dept of State? The non DS260 submission? The DV payment? Or moving a new address?
2. Form AR-11 is the one required to be submitted.

1. Is what going to be an issue with the Dept of State? The non DS260 submission? The DV payment? Or moving a new address?
2. Form AR-11 is the one required to be submitted.
The DV payment, because the address in the 1NL is different from that in the DV payment.

Hi Sm1smom! Thank you for valuable advices. I'm looking for my old i94 to prove I left the US after my J1 and obeyed the 2 year home rule. It was in 2000-2001 and after my request FOIA to USCIS the reply shows they didn't have any records( Maybe there are other places/agencies to contact about my I-94? CBP maybe? Any advice or idea on who to contact and how to look for it will be highly appreciated, thank you.

1. Yes you could, personally I would initiate the COS prior to AOS filing, the COS will take precedent over the AOS application (in case of AOS denial).
2. You could apply for an AOS based EAD with or after I-485 submission - bear in mind it could take several months before the EAD application gets approved.
3. It shouldn't

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post.

Thank you Mom, In the AOS spreadsheet, it cautions about COS and DS-260 submission.
1) With this mind would be safe to apply for COS?
2) Will Unlocking DS-260 help in assisting getting COS done?
Screenshot 2023-06-01 142102.jpg

Thank you Mom, In the AOS spreadsheet, it cautions about COS and DS-260 submission.
1) With this mind would be safe to apply for COS?
2) Will Unlocking DS-260 help in assisting getting COS done?
View attachment 4163
Quick clarification - the spreadsheet does not caution about COS and DS-260 submission.

1. The DS260 submission should hopefully not impact a COS application
2. An unlocked DS260 does not override an already expressed immigrant intent based on the DS260 submission.

Hello @Sm1smom,

First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude to you. I have been selected for DV2024, with the case number AS15XXX. Based on my estimates, I should be current around March 2024.

After thoroughly reviewing the information in the spreadsheets, I find myself uncertain about the appropriate locker box for Massachusetts when sending the package. Could you please advise on which locker box I should choose?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Does passport need have atleast 6 months before it gets expired? Is it at the time of interview or time of I-485 filling or both?
No such requirement. The passport simply needs to be valid/unexpired whenever it’s being presented as a form of ID.

Hello all,

Are original but laminated documents (marriage certificates, diplomas, etc) accceptable?

My documents are all heat seal laminated (yikes...), will this be any issue downstream, say with USCIS officials?

Hello all,

Are original but laminated documents (marriage certificates, diplomas, etc) accceptable?

My documents are all heat seal laminated (yikes...), will this be any issue downstream, say with USCIS officials?
Having laminated documents is not known to be a problem.

Quick clarification - the spreadsheet does not caution about COS and DS-260 submission.

1. The DS260 submission should hopefully not impact a COS application
2. An unlocked DS260 does not override an already expressed immigrant intent based on the DS260 submission.
Would 90 day rule come into play if i am changing a status while in US (from TN to H4) before submitting I-485 via AOS?

Hi mom,

I find that my B/C only has my father's and grandfather's name, but no mother's name. It is just a way they did it in my birth city. Will this be an issue?

Hello,
Do i need to wait to receive the 2NL email before sending the Pay DV administrative fee ($330) to the DOS: Cashiers Check or Money Order? My case number is relatively low and should become current early next year.

Hello,
Do i need to wait to receive the 2NL email before sending the Pay DV administrative fee ($330) to the DOS: Cashiers Check or Money Order? My case number is relatively low and should become current early next year.
You do not need to wait for 2NL to make the DV payment. In fact, DV payment is what triggers 2NL for individuals who chose to not fill DS260.

Hi mom,

I find that my B/C only has my father's and grandfather's name, but no mother's name. It is just a way they did it in my birth city. Will this be an issue?
I have no idea if that will be an issue or not, as I do not know the typical format of B/C from your country. So you need to take a look at the Reciprocity Page (link below) to confirm if what you have is from the same issuing authority listed there or not. If it is not from the listed issuing authority for your birth country, then yes, it will be an issue.