• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Can anyone point me to a website or thread which states what USCIS office our AOS application would be processed, based on what US state we reside in?

I've just read through the AOS spreadsheets - wealth of knowledge, thank you!

I am current E3S (meaning I have the right to work immediately in any job based on my husbands E3 visa). If we were to go the AOS route, during the pending process, am I still effectively an E3S and have the right to continue working? Or would I need to stop working and apply for an EAD (which has a waiting period)?

Can anyone point me to a website or thread which states what USCIS office our AOS application would be processed, based on what US state we reside in?
At the bottom of this page: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices
I've just read through the AOS spreadsheets - wealth of knowledge, thank you!

I am current E3S (meaning I have the right to work immediately in any job based on my husbands E3 visa). If we were to go the AOS route, during the pending process, am I still effectively an E3S and have the right to continue working? Or would I need to stop working and apply for an EAD (which has a waiting period)?
You can continue to work using E3S status

Hello, Just want to confirm, for e.g. if my case becomes current in December as it appears in October Visa bulletin. I have to wait till December 1 to mail the AOS package right? I realize it depends on FO but Has anybody heard that the two month early filling back firing? Appreciate your feedback.

Hello, Just want to confirm, for e.g. if my case becomes current in December as it appears in October Visa bulletin. I have to wait till December 1 to mail the AOS package right? I realize it depends on FO but Has anybody heard that the two month early filling back firing? Appreciate your feedback.
I suggest you go through the AOS FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

Hello, selected fo DV2024 , my case number is very huge AF122XXX. Any chance for me ?

Do you still recommend doing AOS for 2024 over consular processing, especially with the current situation with the Mexican border?

Do you still recommend doing AOS for 2024 over consular processing, especially with the current situation with the Mexican border?
Why situation at the border (btw what is going on?) has anything to do with either AOS or CP processing of DV?

Hello, I’m an F-1 visa holder and a 2024 DV selectee with case number SA32xx. I am an international medical graduate and completed my US medical licensing exams then decided to do a PhD which has been a financial and mental strain so I decided to quit school this fall and planned to apply for an EB-2 AOS but it retrogressed. I can’t just leave the US for consular processing because I am a mom of a 5 year old (US citizen) and have financial and other commitments here. I do hold a b1/b2 visa which expires in 2028 but I don’t want to risk leaving the country, plus I already submitted my DS260. I’ll also be interviewing for my medical residency this year and will need to be present in the country. What are my options to stay in status until my AOS? Returning to school isn’t an option for me.

Last edited:
Hello, I’m an F-1 visa holder and a 2024 DV selectee with case number SA32xx. I am an international medical graduate and completed my US medical licensing exams then decided to do a PhD which has been a financial and mental strain so I decided to quit school this fall and planned to apply for an EB-2 AOS but it retrogressed. I can’t just leave the US for consular processing because I am a mom of a 5 year old (US citizen) and have financial and other commitments here. I do hold a b1/b2 visa which expires in 2028 but I don’t want to risk leaving the country, plus I already submitted my DS260. I’ll also be interviewing for my medical residency this year and will need to be present in the country. What are my options to stay in status until my AOS? Returning to school isn’t an option for me.
Unfortunately, I cannot guide you on how to maintain a valid status to ensure you’re eligible to file AOS when your CN becomes current, that is outside the realm of the guidance I provide here. I recommend you consult with an experienced immigration lawyer to enable you figure things out.

Once that is done, I will be more than happy to walk you through the DV based AOS processing.