• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello, I am currently on H1B, but when I was on F1 visa, I worked remotely for a company located in Moscow in 2019 for 7 months (unpaid internship). Do I need to include it as work experience when doing AOS? I want to avoid problems as I heard that it is not legal to work while on F1.

Hello, I am currently on H1B, but when I was on F1 visa, I worked remotely for a company located in Moscow in 2019 for 7 months (unpaid internship). Do I need to include it as work experience when doing AOS? I want to avoid problems as I heard that it is not legal to work while on F1.
You’re supposed to truthfully fill out your forms. So use your discretion on this.

Hello to all,
I am currently in the US under a J1 visa that started March 2023 and going until March 2024. I am from France.
I got selected for the DV-2024 and my first question is: should I follow a process of AOP or CP according to my type of visa? Sorry if this question has already been asked.
Also on that matter, I started looking at the DS-260 questions and the first question is already a big one in my case: should I be having my interview in France or in the US? I guess if I am doing an AOS I will have it done in the US?
Thank you so much in advance!

Hello to all,
I am currently in the US under a J1 visa that started March 2023 and going until March 2024. I am from France.
I got selected for the DV-2024 and my first question is: should I follow a process of AOP or CP according to my type of visa? Sorry if this question has already been asked.
Also on that matter, I started looking at the DS-260 questions and the first question is already a big one in my case: should I be having my interview in France or in the US? I guess if I am doing an AOS I will have it done in the US?
Thank you so much in advance!
1. That really is your personal call. Yes, you’re eligible to process AOS if you wish. Start by taking a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet, especially the Pros and Cons of AOS vs CP.
2. Yes, AOS interview happens in the US. Take a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

1. That really is your personal call. Yes, you’re eligible to process AOS if you wish. Start by taking a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet, especially the Pros and Cons of AOS vs CP.
2. Yes, AOS interview happens in the US. Take a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
Thank you for your answer!!
I am really debating about the AOS and CP, not sure what factors I need to take into account to make that decision.

I forgot to add information about more issues with my visas in my DS 260 form. What should I do?
You should email

KCCDV@state.gov

Requesting to Reopen or Unlock Form DS260 - Case Number: XXXXXXX
Please provide information of you case number and other information in the email. They will unlock your file in few days. You will have re-submit it after making the changes

You should email

KCCDV@state.gov

Requesting to Reopen or Unlock Form DS260 - Case Number: XXXXXXX
Please provide information of you case number and other information in the email. They will unlock your file in few days. You will have re-submit it after making the changes
The proper format can be found both in 1NL (selection letter on ESC) or in dv instruction on DOS pages [1]:
Contacting KCC: If you need to contact the KCC, always include your name, birthdate and case number exactly as they appear in the Entrant Status Check (ESC). Your case number should be clearly written in the upper right hand corner of your e-mail or in the subject line. KCC only receives inquiries by email. Do not mail paper documents or correspondence to the Kentucky Consular Center. All paper documents or correspondence received will be destroyed. The KCC e-mail address for Diversity Visa inquiries is KCCDV@state.gov.
[1] https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ur-iv-and-alien-registration-application.html

I forgot to add information about more issues with my visas in my DS 260 form. What should I do?
If the missing information is critical, contact KCC to request they unlock your DS260. Instructions on how to contact the KCC are listed on your 1NL.

I am in Houston in the USA. I got that notification letter and I got the receipt from my $330 payment fee. Does it mean I can file I-485? my case number is 2024SA00005354. Let me know. Thank you.

Hi, first time here, and as everybody else I've been selected for the 2024 DV.
I have a EU number in the 18XXX range, so, I guess pretty reasonable.
I'll have to move to a different town/address in late September, and I was wondering how this change of address could impact any application. For example, should I wait to have moved prior to submit the DV fees payment or/and get the medical exam ? Or it doesn't matter and I should secure getting the DV fees payment receipt asap ?
Also, I entered the lottery indicating that I have a dependent, but it is not explicit on the letter. It just states the "Principal Applicant Name", no dependent. Is it normal ?
Thanks for your help.

Definitely YES. That indeed is the 2NL for AOS.

Please note, AOS process is different from CP, so do be careful with the responses being provided on the AOS thread.
Thanks and apologies, I will refrain from commenting on AOS stuff unless I am fully sure to avoid misleading people

Hi, first time here, and as everybody else I've been selected for the 2024 DV.
I have a EU number in the 18XXX range, so, I guess pretty reasonable.
I'll have to move to a different town/address in late September, and I was wondering how this change of address could impact any application. For example, should I wait to have moved prior to submit the DV fees payment or/and get the medical exam ? Or it doesn't matter and I should secure getting the DV fees payment receipt asap ?
Also, I entered the lottery indicating that I have a dependent, but it is not explicit on the letter. It just states the "Principal Applicant Name", no dependent. Is it normal ?
Thanks for your help.
1. A change of address will have no impact on the AOS application as long as it’s done before sending in your AOS package. No impact on the medical exam (which is currently valid for two years - the validity period could change at anytime though). It may impact receiving the DV administrative fee receipt if the move occurs after making the payment and while waiting for the receipt - unless of course you will still have access to the mailbox for the previous address.
2. Derivatives are not listed on the selectee notification letter.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post.