• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello. My case number is 49***. I am in the US in TPS status. Already submitted a DS-260 form. Do I need to do AOS? if so, what should be done?

Hello. My case number is 49***. I am in the US in TPS status. Already submitted a DS-260 form. Do I need to do AOS? if so, what should be done?
Start by going through the AOS Process Spreadsheet to know what needs to be done.

Hello, I am on H1B and was selected for DV2024EU29000. I will be doing AOS. Would it be okay for me to apply for ds-260 now and pay the $330 before I travel internationally and renew my H1B visa in October and November? Wanted to have everything ready by the time I will come back in November in case my number becomes current in January.

Hello, I am on H1B and was selected for DV2024EU29000. I will be doing AOS. Would it be okay for me to apply for ds-260 now and pay the $330 before I travel internationally and renew my H1B visa in October and November? Wanted to have everything ready by the time I will come back in November in case my number becomes current in January.
Even though H1B is a dual intent visa, I personally would hold off on demonstrating an immigrant intent until after the H1B renewal.

1. A change of address will have no impact on the AOS application as long as it’s done before sending in your AOS package. No impact on the medical exam (which is currently valid for two years - the validity period could change at anytime though). It may impact receiving the DV administrative fee receipt if the move occurs after making the payment and while waiting for the receipt - unless of course you will still have access to the mailbox for the previous address.
2. Derivatives are not listed on the selectee notification letter.

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one per post.
Hi,

thanks for your responses - I'll certainly number the questions should I have more than one.
So, no impact due to change of address on anything, that's good news (I'll set-up a tracking with USPS for the DV fees receipt, if anything that will be re-routed).

Have a good week end.

Hi,
I have a some more questions after all.
I'll be doing the AOS for my wife and I, so, it might be obvious, but just to be on the safe side for the DV Fees:
1) Do I need to pay $330 twice, once for me and another for my wife ?
2) If yes, is it better to pay with just one check and one form to regroup both my wife and I, or to separate with 1 check and 1 form for each in the same envelop ?
3) Cell G8 you indicate to include a SASE with the check and form. Please define what that is, I can't find any other reference to it.

Thanks.

Hi,
I have a some more questions after all.
I'll be doing the AOS for my wife and I, so, it might be obvious, but just to be on the safe side for the DV Fees:
1) Do I need to pay $330 twice, once for me and another for my wife ?
2) If yes, is it better to pay with just one check and one form to regroup both my wife and I, or to separate with 1 check and 1 form for each in the same envelop ?
3) Cell G8 you indicate to include a SASE with the check and form. Please define what that is, I can't find any other reference to it.

Thanks.
1. $660 for both you and your spouse.
2. For the DV Administrative fee, one form with a single money order or cashier’s check covering both of you is fine.
3. SASE = Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.

Hi,

I am currently on F1 Visa Stem extension which ends on Mid March 2024, I just got my H1B approved (form I-797C) with start date of 10/1/2023. I don't plan to leave the country until my AOS application is finalized. so I wont have H1b stamping. My question is, would it matter if I apply now or should I wait until October first, is there any risk if I apply now versus October?

My Case Number AS17XXX

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I am currently on F1 Visa Stem extension which ends on Mid March 2024, I just got my H1B approved (form I-797C) with start date of 10/1/2023. I don't plan to leave the country until my AOS application is finalized. so I wont have H1b stamping. My question is, would it matter if I apply now or should I wait until October first, is there any risk if I apply now versus October?

My Case Number AS17XXX

Thanks
You cannot simply apply now or in October without your CN first becoming current, and CN AS17XXX will most definitely not become current in October or by the end of 2023 as a matter of fact.

So I do recommend for now, you start by going over the AOS Process Spreadsheet to enable you become familiar with the steps involved with filing a DV based AOS application.

Hi,
I am aware and went through all the sheets, what I meant is filling out the first steps like DS260 now versus later
sorry for the confusion
Thanks

1. $660 for both you and your spouse.
2. For the DV Administrative fee, one form with a single money order or cashier’s check covering both of you is fine.
3. SASE = Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
Hi,
thanks for your answers! It is very much appreciated.
2 last questions if I may:
1) Since just one form and payment for both my wife and myself is enough, should I indicate just my surname and given name or should I add my wife's surname and given name too on the form ?
2) In other word are the selectee's details enough and then the administration will figure out the rest ?

Thanks again.

Hi,
thanks for your answers! It is very much appreciated.
2 last questions if I may:
1) Since just one form and payment for both my wife and myself is enough, should I indicate just my surname and given name or should I add my wife's surname and given name too on the form ?
2) In other word are the selectee's details enough and then the administration will figure out the rest ?

Thanks again.
If derivative’s information are required to be listed on the form, don’t you think the form would have made some allowance for that? All that needs to be on the form are your personal information as the selectee and the number of people the payment is for.

Don’t try to over analyze this process or you’ll drive yourself crazy. You should basically just try to follow the instructions as provided.

Hello, considering the current information we have about a number of selectees and the September visa bulletin, I wanted to hear your opinion on whether I should pursue AOS or CP. My case number is EU29K, and I am currently on an H1B visa. Thank you!

Hello, considering the current information we have about a number of selectees and the September visa bulletin, I wanted to hear your opinion on whether I should pursue AOS or CP. My case number is EU29K, and I am currently on an H1B visa. Thank you!
I have no opinion on which process you should pursue. This is your case, so it’s your call on whichever option you think is best for you.