• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi,
I'm back with a few more questions, but first I'd like to say I read the spreadsheet and everything. I still could have missed bits of information though.
1) I just received the 2NL from KCC...but I never did the DS260. I sent a check to DOS for DV fees payment on 08/03 (2 weeks ago), that's it. Would KCC send the 2NL just based on DV fees payment ?
2) I sent my payment to DOS before flying abroad on vacation with my wife. Looks like now DOS, USCIS, and KCC know my intent to AOS. But we're still in Europe. Would that cause us any problem when flying back to the US next week ?
3) Is there anything specific I should be doing at the point of entry when coming back to the US ?
4) my wife will come back a week later than me. She's a dependent on my E2. Would that be even more complicated for her while coming back ?

Regards.
1. Yes. This is actually covered in the FAQ tab/sheet of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
2. USCIS is not aware of your AOS intent at this point. I’m not aware of any past DV selectee in a similar situation who was denied admission into the US. Having said that, be aware only a USC is guaranteed admission into the US, having a valid NIV (even if an immigrant intent was never expressed) does not guarantee an admission.
3. Nothing specific outside of what you normally would have done when returning to the US.
4. Responses 2&3 above applies.

Hello,
I am an F-1 student, and I am going to apply for AOS. My permanent address is in Pittsburgh, PA (currently and for the next year). However, I currently temporarily live in New Jersey (visiting a friend). My questions are the following:

1. I assume that I should indicate my permanent address (PA) in the DV application fee form and other documents where the address is required. Is this correct?

2. Can I send DV application fee form where I indicated my PA address and money order from NJ? In this case, the sender's address and the address indicated in the form will be different. May it have negative consequences?

3. Can the same be done when sending AOS package?

Hello,
I am an F-1 student, and I am going to apply for AOS. My permanent address is in Pittsburgh, PA (currently and for the next year). However, I currently temporarily live in New Jersey (visiting a friend). My questions are the following:

1. I assume that I should indicate my permanent address (PA) in the DV application fee form and other documents where the address is required. Is this correct?

2. Can I send DV application fee form where I indicated my PA address and money order from NJ? In this case, the sender's address and the address indicated in the form will be different. May it have negative consequences?

3. Can the same be done when sending AOS package?
1. Yes.
2. Yes. No.
3. Yes.

Hello,
I am F-1 student on OPT. I planning to move by the end of September, when my lease ends. Right now I am filling DS 260 and I want to pay the DV payment, but because I am moving sould I wait until I move so I don't have to change my address?

Hello,
I am F-1 student on OPT. I planning to move by the end of September, when my lease ends. Right now I am filling DS 260 and I want to pay the DV payment, but because I am moving sould I wait until I move so I don't have to change my address?
The address listed or used on the DS260 and/or the DV Administrative fee payment has no impact on the process (except of course for the ability to be able to receive the payment receipt). The only time to be concerned about address change is after filing for AOS (that is after sending in the AOS package).

Of course in general, you’re expected to always notify USCIS of address change whenever you move to a new address.

Hi Mom and all,

I got my medical report from the CS today. I notice that there are some discrepancies (may be my overthinking).

1. There is a "stamp" at the bottom of the page that is not present when I print the i693. (see attached image). Looks like processed USCIS stuff I have seen few times in the forum. Could this be an issue with USCIS?

2. There are some boxes that are not printed properly (like the image attached). Is this okay?

3. The supporting document (quantiferon lab test) the CS included shows the referring physician is my primary doctor and not the CS. Any issues here do you think?

Looking forward to your advice.

Attachments

• stamp.jpg
    stamp.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • blank.jpg
    blank.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 25
Hi Mom and all,

I got my medical report from the CS today. I notice that there are some discrepancies (may be my overthinking).

1. There is a "stamp" at the bottom of the page that is not present when I print the i693. (see attached image). Looks like processed USCIS stuff I have seen few times in the forum. Could this be an issue with USCIS?

2. There are some boxes that are not printed properly (like the image attached). Is this okay?

3. The supporting document (quantiferon lab test) the CS included shows the referring physician is my primary doctor and not the CS. Any issues here do you think?

Looking forward to your advice.
1. No issue.
2. No issue.
3. If the Quantiferon lab test was conducted by your primary doctor, then the document is saying exactly what it is supposed to say.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for sharing your responses. It has been helpful so far. I would sincerely appreciate feedback to my question.

I travelled in 2022 on a J-1 Visa which was a program funded by the US. This means I am subject to the 212(e) homestay policy. However, I returned to my home country and spent 8 months so far and realized that I have received the DV lottery for 2024 and currently returned to the US on F1 visa status. How do I go about this since I am still serving the 2 years homestay. I would be happy to have some help to get a waiver.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for sharing your responses. It has been helpful so far. I would sincerely appreciate feedback to my question.

I travelled in 2022 on a J-1 Visa which was a program funded by the US. This means I am subject to the 212(e) homestay policy. However, I returned to my home country and spent 8 months so far and realized that I have received the DV lottery for 2024 and currently returned to the US on F1 visa status. How do I go about this since I am still serving the 2 years homestay. I would be happy to have some help to get a waiver.

Hello Everyone,

I travelled in 2022 on a J-1 Visa which was a program funded by the US. This means I am subject to the 212(e) homestay policy. However, I returned to my home country and spent 8 months so far and realized that I have received the DV lottery for 2024 and currently back to the US on F-1 visa. How do I go about this since I am still serving the 2 years home stay. I would be happy to have some help to get a waiver.

Hello Everyone,

I travelled in 2022 on a J-1 Visa which was a program funded by the US. This means I am subject to the 212(e) homestay policy. However, I returned to my home country and spent 8 months so far and realized that I have received the DV lottery for 2024 and currently back to the US on F-1 visa. How do I go about this since I am still serving the 2 years home stay. I would be happy to have some help to get a waiver.
I just provided you with the link where you can find the information you need, why are you reposting this question right below the information you were provided with?

Hello, I have a case number EU14XXX. I am currently in the US with my family on an H4 visa and would like to do AOS. I have some questions:
1) I submitted our DS260 in May but didn't receive 2NL yet. Can I still go ahead and pay the DV Administrative fee? Or is it better to wait for 2NL?
2) After submitting DS260 we had to move to another address, how can I let KCC know about the change of my address? Because to pay the DV Administrative fee I need to fill the form and it is asking for an address.
If you could please help me with this confusion.

Thank you in advance!

Hello, I have a case number EU14XXX. I am currently in the US with my family on an H4 visa and would like to do AOS. I have some questions:
1) I submitted our DS260 in May but didn't receive 2NL yet. Can I still go ahead and pay the DV Administrative fee? Or is it better to wait for 2NL?
2) After submitting DS260 we had to move to another address, how can I let KCC know about the change of my address? Because to pay the DV Administrative fee I need to fill the form and it is asking for an address.
If you could please help me with this confusion.

Thank you in advance!
1. The DV administrative fee payment can be made without waiting to receive the 2NL first.
2. Just list whatever your current address is on the payment form, the address listed on the DS260 form was correct as at the time the form was listed. There’s nothing to inform KCC about, there’s no requirement for them to be informed of a change of address.

1. The DV administrative fee payment can be made without waiting to receive the 2NL first.
2. Just list whatever your current address is on the payment form, the address listed on the DS260 form was correct as at the time the form was listed. There’s nothing to inform KCC about, there’s no requirement for them to be informed of a change of address.
Thank you so much!

Hello, Is 300$ a fair charge for Doctor's Examination and Lab Test for I-693 form? I called few places and got this information. I have to pay for few family members, so would like to know if I need to shop harder? I am in Texas

If I were you, I would be making this payment ASAP, it takes few weeks for the proof of payment to get mailed back to you. Also might be doing the medicals ASAP. In my case, I dont have proof of some of the vaccinations, so additional tests are required to check for immunity!
Which health facility do you recommend for medicals?

Which health facility do you recommend for medicals?
I just used the one that I found through the USCIS website find a doctor page..300 is pretty reasonable I think. I paid 295. It has to be a USCIS approved Civil Surgeon so cant complete the i693 with just any doctor. I got the missing shots, and TB done before hand as my insutance would not cover it otherwise, and my civil surgeon was okay using those results.