• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Sm1smom, thank you for letting us track the AOS timeline which is very helpful. I wanted to analyze the 2023 AOS timeline but cannot calculate the average or copy data to my local spreadsheet to do the calculations. It is a little hard to analyze the data without it. I was wondering if I can get access to analyze it? Thank you.

Hi Sm1smom, thank you for letting us track the AOS timeline which is very helpful. I wanted to analyze the 2023 AOS timeline but cannot calculate the average or copy data to my local spreadsheet to do the calculations. It is a little hard to analyze the data without it. I was wondering if I can get access to analyze it? Thank you.
What sort of analysis are you looking at doing?

What sort of analysis are you looking at doing?

Trying to estimate how long it takes on average to get an interview/green card after the package was received. And see how it progressed over time. Maybe if there was an option to let people edit the spreadsheet without saving it that would be great.

Trying to estimate how long it takes on average to get an interview/green card after the package was received. And see how it progressed over time. Maybe if there was an option to let people edit the spreadsheet without saving it that would be great.
Those analysis are already reflected on the spreadsheet, take another look. The CPO Ordered Date - LockBox Filing Date (column AF) for instance tells you how long it took each case from when the package was filled at the lockbox to when the case got approved (CPO is the first step for knowing when a case has been approved).

The spreadsheet is a Google file, contents automatically get saved.

p.s. - If you want to get an idea of how long your AOS process could be, you'll need to focus on your specific FO and not all cases in general as processing time varies from FO to FO.

DS 260 form Question:

I am the DV2024 principal applicant(with an F1 visa so will go AOS process), and my name shows correctly in the Summary Information!
However, my wife's name shows her first name and last name in reverse in the summary information, but we can edit the corrected name in the ds260 form.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 2.17.53 PM.png

Question:
1. Should I add another applicant for my wife with the correct first name and last name in order, or I can submit this DS260 form with the current situation? Will this affect my wife's DV green card process?

Thank you so much!

DS 260 form Question:

I am the DV2024 principal applicant(with an F1 visa so will go AOS process), and my name shows correctly in the Summary Information!
However, my wife's name shows her first name and last name in reverse in the summary information, but we can edit the corrected name in the ds260 form.

View attachment 4306

Question:
1. Should I add another applicant for my wife with the correct first name and last name in order, or I can submit this DS260 form with the current situation? Will this affect my wife's DV green card process?

Thank you so much!
No, don't create a new form for your wife, just be sure to correctly fill out the form already created for her. You probably switched the names around on your original eDV entry form, hence it's showing up as is on the DS260.

No, don't create a new form for your wife, just be sure to correctly fill out the form already created for her. You probably switched the names around on your original eDV entry form, hence it's showing up as is on the DS260.
Thank you so much!! :):cool:

Hello, I’m currently an F-1 student waiting for AOS. If I travel and return to the US on my F-1 or B1/B2 visa, will the 90 day rule apply to me?

Hello, I’m currently an F-1 student waiting for AOS. If I travel and return to the US on my F-1 or B1/B2 visa, will the 90 day rule apply to me?
You can forget about everything you've read regarding the 90 day rule or waiting for 90 days after entering the US before filing for AOS, because there's no such thing. Intent is usually determined at the POE, if you are eligible to file for AOS, you can do so as soon as you enter the US as the mythical 90 day rule is non-binding on USCIS. Of course the IO at the time of the interview can always follow up on what the intent was when one originally entered the US regardless of if you filed immediately or if you waited for 90 days before filing. So if you’re planning on entering the US on a NIV with the primary purpose of filing for AOS, the expectation is for that intent to be declared at the POE, if you’re admitted into the US following that declaration, then there’s no issue.

You can forget about everything you've read regarding the 90 day rule or waiting for 90 days after entering the US before filing for AOS, because there's no such thing. Intent is usually determined at the POE, if you are eligible to file for AOS, you can do so as soon as you enter the US as the mythical 90 day rule is non-binding on USCIS. Of course the IO at the time of the interview can always follow up on what the intent was when one originally entered the US regardless of if you filed immediately or if you waited for 90 days before filing. So if you’re planning on entering the US on a NIV with the primary purpose of filing for AOS, the expectation is for that intent to be declared at the POE, if you’re admitted into the US following that declaration, then there’s no issue.
Thank you so much Mom!

Hi. My CN is current. What do I do? English is not my first language so I don’t really understand whether to send in my DS260 or make the $300 payment. Can I already do a medical?

Hi. My CN is current. What do I do? English is not my first language so I don’t really understand whether to send in my DS260 or make the $300 payment. Can I already do a medical?
Go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet - the required steps have been nicely laid out on that spreadsheet.

What happened to your 2023 selection by the way?

Go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet - the required steps have been nicely laid out on that spreadsheet.

What happened to your 2023 selection by the way?
Ok. I’ll go over it again. For my 2023 selection I never made it. The VB for September came up to 2500 for OC & mine was alittle over that. Thankfully I have a low CN for 2024 and became current right away (after 3 consecutive years of being selected).

Make sure its 330 not 300 dollars. It is easy to sometimes overlook these!!

Thanks for that.
If I were you, I would be making this payment ASAP, it takes few weeks for the proof of payment to get mailed back to you. Also might be doing the medicals ASAP. In my case, I dont have proof of some of the vaccinations, so additional tests are required to check for immunity!

Ok. I’ll go over it again. For my 2023 selection I never made it. The VB for September came up to 2500 for OC & mine was alittle over that. Thankfully I have a low CN for 2024 and became current right away (after 3 consecutive years of being selected).
Considering the exposure you've had to the process as a 2023 selectee, I have to say I'm rather surprised at your little to no preparation this time around considering your low CN as a 2024 selectee. And you found out about your 2024 selection as far back as May, I supposed? You really can't afford to be slacking on this, I have to say.

Can somebody please tell what is A-Number? Its needed in I-485 and other forms.. Appreciate your responses.
An Alien number is a unique seven-, eight- or nine-digit number assigned to a noncitizen by the Department of Homeland Security. If you’ve never applied for any form of immigration benefit from USCIS before, or been issued with an immigrant visa by the US embassy, you wouldn’t have an A#. Take a look at USCIS Number.

Hi,
I'm back with a few more questions, but first I'd like to say I read the spreadsheet and everything. I still could have missed bits of information though.
1) I just received the 2NL from KCC...but I never did the DS260. I sent a check to DOS for DV fees payment on 08/03 (2 weeks ago), that's it. Would KCC send the 2NL just based on DV fees payment ?
2) I sent my payment to DOS before flying abroad on vacation with my wife. Looks like now DOS, USCIS, and KCC know my intent to AOS. But we're still in Europe. Would that cause us any problem when flying back to the US next week ?
3) Is there anything specific I should be doing at the point of entry when coming back to the US ?
4) my wife will come back a week later than me. She's a dependent on my E2. Would that be even more complicated for her while coming back ?

Regards.