• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello everyone. I got selected and I'm from Europe and currently studying in the States(F1 Visa). Is the AOS better process for me. Also, my case number is 44xxx, does that mean that I have small chances for the interview?
No one can help you determine which process option is best for you. You have a better understanding of your situation than anyone else, so only you can make that determination. Take a look at the pros and cons of AOS vs CP on the AOS Process Spreadsheet and make your own decision.

Hello Mom, thank you for the resources. You're doing a great job informing us clueless selectees every year. :) I read the AOS spreadsheet and it is the route I chose for myself (F1 student). I think I will also complete DS-260 even if it is optional. My case number is EU21xxx. Is there any advantage to completing DS-260 now compared to, let's say, 2 months before my number becomes current? I don't want to take any risk in case it somehow does not make the cut. I am also a little worried about the impact of filling it out on my NIV status before I graduate (December 2023).

Hello Mom, thank you for the resources. You're doing a great job informing us clueless selectees every year. :) I read the AOS spreadsheet and it is the route I chose for myself (F1 student). I think I will also complete DS-260 even if it is optional. My case number is EU21xxx. Is there any advantage to completing DS-260 now compared to, let's say, 2 months before my number becomes current? I don't want to take any risk in case it somehow does not make the cut. I am also a little worried about the impact of filling it out on my NIV status before I graduate (December 2023).
The only personal benefit of filing out the DS260 now is you’ll get your 2NL early compared to waiting until about two months before your CN becomes current. Getting the 2NL provides what I think of as “a nice to have feeling” it is really not a big deal if one doesn’t have it. Overall, DS260 submission is beneficial to KCC as it provides them with better insights into the number of selectees planning on proceeding with their selection.

hi I'm a f2 visa holder, which tax documents do I need to prepare for my i485 package? and about the petition form, do I need to have any? (so do I need someone who can fill it for me?)

Hi, thank you for all the help! A question here: my fiancee won DV2024 from Europe. We both are on F1 visas in the US. When she registered in the DV lottery, she registered as single.
1) Would this be a problem if we plan to marry this summer and apply for the adjustment of status together since I was not in the original DV entry?
2) How should we pay the DV fee together so that they process our application under the same case number?

hi I'm a f2 visa holder, which tax documents do I need to prepare for my i485 package? and about the petition form, do I need to have any? (so do I need someone who can fill it for me?)
The tax documents of whose derivative you are as a F2 status holder (that is your spouse who has the F1 from whom you derive your F2 status). The need for the I-134 depends on your spouse’s financial capability in this case I guess since you’re currently not eligible to work, in general however, having the I-134 is highly recommended.

p.s. make sure you go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

Hi, thank you for all the help! A question here: my fiancee won DV2024 from Europe. We both are on F1 visas in the US. When she registered in the DV lottery, she registered as single.
1) Would this be a problem if we plan to marry this summer and apply for the adjustment of status together since I was not in the original DV entry?
2) How should we pay the DV fee together so that they process our application under the same case number?
1. It shouldn’t be a problem as long as you’re able to demonstrate your marriage is genuine and not entered into solely for GC purposes.
2. The payment form has a section for indicating the number of people the payment is being made for.

The tax documents of whose derivative you are as a F2 status holder (that is your spouse who has the F1 from whom you derive your F2 status). The need for the I-134 depends on your spouse’s financial capability in this case I guess since you’re currently not eligible to work, in general however, having the I-134 is highly recommended.

p.s. make sure you go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
my spouse is a fully funded PhD student (f1 visa holder) and her university income cover all the cost of our family of two, in this situation is she eligible to fill an i134 for us (as a f1 visa holder)?
I completely check the voa spreadsheet but I need to know more that as a f2 visa holder how can I make my case more strong

my spouse is a fully funded PhD student (f1 visa holder) and her university income cover all the cost of our family of two, in this situation is she eligible to fill an i134 for us (as a f1 visa holder)?
I completely check the voa spreadsheet but I need to know more that as a f2 visa holder how can I make my case more strong
Get someone else, not your spouse, to provide you with a I-134 which will cover both you and your spouse if you want to present a strong case upfront.

Get someone else, not your spouse, to provide you with a I-134 which will cover both you and your spouse if you want to present a strong case upfront.
We have no one in the US who can support us about I-134, is the loss of i-134 seriously dangerous for our case?
I've some properties in my home country, is there any way that I can use them to show my financial situation? if yes please explain to me how? thank you very much for your consideration

We have no one in the US who can support us about I-134, is the loss of i-134 seriously dangerous for our case?
I've some properties in my home country, is there any way that I can use them to show my financial situation? if yes please explain to me how? thank you very much for your consideration
If you’re unable to present an I-134, go with whatever financial documents you have, keep your fingers crossed, and hope for the best.

Hello. We are an LGBT couple, we will soon be crossing the Mexico-USA border using the cbp one application. My partner won DV2024 with case number EU31***, can we use the winnings while in the USA? Crossing the border through the cbp one application will our status be legal? Thank you

Hello. We are an LGBT couple, we will soon be crossing the Mexico-USA border using the cbp one application. My partner won DV2024 with case number EU31***, can we use the winnings while in the USA? Crossing the border through the cbp one application will our status be legal? Thank you
I cannot speak to the legality of the status you’ll be admitted in via CBP one nor can I discuss your eligibility to process AOS at this point as you’re not currently based in the US.

Hi Mom, Thank you for this amazing platform, I was watching BritSimon and he referenced you. I went through the Excel spreadsheets which are amazing and very detailed. I just have a few questions which are not in Excel or I could have missed. I wanted to know if my Case number is AF00059XXX does this mean I am a high or low number and do you count from the 00 059 or 59 XXX. I am just not too sure how to read my number and whether to identify it high or low. if how would it be within the first batch since it's 0005?

Secondly, I think I am trying to determine my next step and action. I have been preparing my supporting docs while also doing research and understanding the process but I'm not too sure if "When" to submit my package. The Visa Bulletin is slightly confusing for me. Is the Visa bulletin used to determine when to submit the AOS package or when you will be interviewed (youtube mostly states interviews)? Under FAQ in the spreadsheet it says that FY starts in October so do we only Submit then?

Dear Sm1smom, I'm on Uniting for Ukraine program, in US now and have been selected for DV2024. I wonder if you still think that we can proceed with AOS (I found 1 post and your reply to it back in Feb)? I would appreciate your advise on which option gives more chances for success (AOS or foreign embassy process)? I'm hoping to do AOS (number 8K), but nervous about eligibility to do so. Contacted both KCC and USCIS, got just the copypaste info from the website in replies, that don't mention this specific and quite new program. Thank you for all the information you collected and organised so conveniently (spreadsheets are the true masterpiece), highly appreciate all the effort! Thank you! And good luck to everyone this year!

Hi Mom, Thank you for this amazing platform, I was watching BritSimon and he referenced you. I went through the Excel spreadsheets which are amazing and very detailed. I just have a few questions which are not in Excel or I could have missed. I wanted to know if my Case number is AF00059XXX does this mean I am a high or low number and do you count from the 00 059 or 59 XXX. I am just not too sure how to read my number and whether to identify it high or low. if how would it be within the first batch since it's 0005?

Secondly, I think I am trying to determine my next step and action. I have been preparing my supporting docs while also doing research and understanding the process but I'm not too sure if "When" to submit my package. The Visa Bulletin is slightly confusing for me. Is the Visa bulletin used to determine when to submit the AOS package or when you will be interviewed (youtube mostly states interviews)? Under FAQ in the spreadsheet it says that FY starts in October so do we only Submit then?
1. We currently do not know the total number of selectees DV2024, so it is currently hard to hazard a guess as to if your CN is on the high side or not. If your CN is AF00059xxx, that means you’re in the 59,000 range compared to AF000059xx which is in the 5,900 range. AF00059xxx (AF59xxx) will most certainly not be among the first batch of CNs that will become current at the start of the FY.

2. For AOS, the VB is used to determine when to submit the AOS package. For CP, the VB is used in determining when the interview may take place. You become eligible to submit your AOS package when your specific CN falls below the cutoff number listed on the VB which may be several months after October.

Dear Sm1smom, I'm on Uniting for Ukraine program, in US now and have been selected for DV2024. I wonder if you still think that we can proceed with AOS (I found 1 post and your reply to it back in Feb)? I would appreciate your advise on which option gives more chances for success (AOS or foreign embassy process)? I'm hoping to do AOS (number 8K), but nervous about eligibility to do so. Contacted both KCC and USCIS, got just the copypaste info from the website in replies, that don't mention this specific and quite new program. Thank you for all the information you collected and organised so conveniently (spreadsheets are the true masterpiece), highly appreciate all the effort! Thank you! And good luck to everyone this year!
U4U is eligible to file for AOS. I’m sorry I cannot tell you which option gives you the best shot at getting a GC, you understand your position better than I do. That is a decision you’ll need to make in your own.

Good afternoon, I got selected and I am from Ukraine, now we in the USA under the U2U program (humanitarian password). I forgot to indicate my stepdaughter in the application, she remained in Ukraine, I understand that there are no chances for AOS and GC? sorry for my english, i'm learning it now.

Last edited:
U4U is eligible to file for AOS. I’m sorry I cannot tell you which option gives you the best shot at getting a GC, you understand your position better than I do. That is a decision you’ll need to make in your own.
Thank you so much for taking the time and all your help.

Hi everyone! I have been selected in the 2024 DV Lottery but have a lot of questions.
My circumstances are:
- am currently working on OPT from an F1 Visa
- My OPT finishes July 31st 2023.
- My CN is under a thousand for the Oceania region

My questions relate to whether applying via CP or AOS would be best.
1. If I apply for CP, how long would it take? Would I be able to go live and work in another country during the processing time because my OPT expires in July?
2. If I apply for AOS, am I able to stay in the country and work if I have a job currently while I wait for my CN to be valid and then apply?

If anybody has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!