• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi there!! i’ve been selected with EU11140

1Was wondering what is the approximate month that i would have my case number so i can fill the AOS
2Can we fill the AOS 30days before if we can guess the time our number would be available

3the payment of 330$ and the aos payment which is about 1500-1700$ must be paid and medical exam must be done before filing AOS and we don’t have to pay any other documents right?

4And the big question, do you have any information for asylum pendees, i came to US with tourist b2 visa and applied for asylum in the third month, and still have been waiting for the interview. Technically i was never out of status before applying aslyum buy nor sure if asylum pendee is counted as a status.

5 I am also getting married this summer so does being married to a US citizen would be helpful in the dv lottery interview?

Thank you all
Best Regards

Hi there!! i’ve been selected with EU11140

1Was wondering what is the approximate month that i would have my case number so i can fill the AOS
2Can we fill the AOS 30days before if we can guess the time our number would be available

3the payment of 330$ and the aos payment which is about 1500-1700$ must be paid and medical exam must be done before filing AOS and we don’t have to pay any other documents right?

4And the big question, do you have any information for asylum pendees, i came to US with tourist b2 visa and applied for asylum in the third month, and still have been waiting for the interview. Technically i was never out of status before applying aslyum buy nor sure if asylum pendee is counted as a status.

5 I am also getting married this summer so does being married to a US citizen would be helpful in the dv lottery interview?

Thank you all
Best Regards
1. I have no idea.
2, 3, 4. Take a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
5. Being married to a USC has no bearing on the DV process.

1. I have no idea.
2, 3, 4. Take a look at the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
5. Being married to a USC has no bearing on the DV process.
Thank you so much! this spreadsheet is amazing!

I think i will still try my chance because i want to wait a little to fill for marriage based appliaction anyway.

Is there anyway i can update my status to married from asylum pendee and then get into the interview?

And do you think if i get rejected from Dv lottery AOS due to being asylum pendee, would that negatively affect my greencard marriage application?

Thank you
Best Regards

Thank you so much! this spreadsheet is amazing!

I think i will still try my chance because i want to wait a little to fill for marriage based appliaction anyway.

Is there anyway i can update my status to married from asylum pendee and then get into the interview?

And do you think if i get rejected from Dv lottery AOS due to being asylum pendee, would that negatively affect my greencard marriage application?

Thank you
Best Regards
1. Married is not an immigration status, so not sure what you mean about updating your status from asylum pending to married. Filing a family/marriage based AOS is a separate path for getting a GC.
2. It depends on the reason for the DV based AOS denial.

1. Married is not an immigration status, so not sure what you mean about updating your status from asylum pending to married. Filing a family/marriage based AOS is a separate path for getting a GC.
2. It depends on the reason for the DV based AOS denial.
Oh right it makes sense thank you so much!

so for number 2, if the reason for denial is because asylum pendee is not considered a status, do you think that would look bad in the marriage interview?

And i have realized you have been really helpful for so many people so far, so i’d like to kindly ask what would you suggest me to do in this case?do you think the lottery is worth trying?

so sorry about all my questions, i just got nervous

Hi,can I proceed to make payment for dv fees within this month or I have to wait till the next fiscal year begins?

Also when is the ideal time to start the medicals?

Hi, Sm1smom!
I won DV20024, the case number is EU58***, and I am currently on an F-1 visa. I have 1-1,5 years to complete my Ph.D. When I learned that I won the DV24 I have sent my DS260. I hope that I will be interviewed, but if not, does it mean that I won't be able to stay for OPT? And will it affect somehow if I will decide to continue my studies if I won't go outside of the US?

Hi,can I proceed to make payment for dv fees within this month or I have to wait till the next fiscal year begins?

Also when is the ideal time to start the medicals?
1. Yes, you can make the payment now. Make sure you first go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet though.
2. Go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

Hi, Sm1smom!
I won DV20024, the case number is EU58***, and I am currently on an F-1 visa. I have 1-1,5 years to complete my Ph.D. When I learned that I won the DV24 I have sent my DS260. I hope that I will be interviewed, but if not, does it mean that I won't be able to stay for OPT? And will it affect somehow if I will decide to continue my studies if I won't go outside of the US?
DS260 submission does not impact OPT application/approval.

Hi,

I am currently in the United States on O-1 visa and I've been selected for DV 2024 program. I have a question:

I had J-1 visa in 2018-2021 and it has Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement. I spent a year back home in Ukraine before obtained my O-1 visa and moved to the US. As you know there is war right now. How can I waive the requirement to apply for AOS? (Form DS-3045 obviously doesn't have an option for basis such as war).

Thank you for your time!

Hi,

I am currently in the United States on O-1 visa and I've been selected for DV 2024 program. I have a question:

I had J-1 visa in 2018-2021 and it has Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement. I spent a year back home in Ukraine before obtained my O-1 visa and moved to the US. As you know there is war right now. How can I waive the requirement to apply for AOS? (Form DS-3045 obviously doesn't have an option for basis such as war).

Thank you for your time!
Does the “NO OBJECTION” option not apply to your case?

I recently got selected for EDV2024 and I am in STEM OPT , residing in Texas. I applied EDV as single but now i am planning to get married with my boyfriend and apply together. He is also in STEM OPT . What is the process for this? Has anyone ever done this kind of processing while in US?
Do I have to fill DS260?
Is there any risk on adding my spouse?
Will I need sponsor?

I recently got selected for EDV2024 and I am in STEM OPT , residing in Texas. I applied EDV as single but now i am planning to get married with my boyfriend and apply together. He is also in STEM OPT . What is the process for this? Has anyone ever done this kind of processing while in US?
Do I have to fill DS260?
Is there any risk on adding my spouse?
Will I need sponsor?
Have you go through the response provided on your thread?

as a 2024 dv lottery selectee inside the US, can I travel to my home country and then come back here to apply for adjustment of status?

as a 2024 dv lottery selectee inside the US, can I travel to my home country and then come back here to apply for adjustment of status?
You could. As long as you’re aware only a USC is guaranteed admission or re-admission to the US.

An important question: does applying for Work/Travel Permit through AOS have any negative effect on our approval?