• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

Bula to u all on this page

Im a DV WINNER 2023OC18** from Fiji.

Im not sure if my number is a high case or will i get chance for interview.

Can i apply for dv2024 if in case my case number doesnt get schedule.

Suppose i do take part in dv24, will this have any implication on my current won case number if it get lucky to be schedule for interview.

Please advise.

Thank you

All the best to you all.

Bula to u all on this page

Im a DV WINNER 2023OC18** from Fiji.

Im not sure if my number is a high case or will i get chance for interview.

Can i apply for dv2024 if in case my case number doesnt get schedule.

Suppose i do take part in dv24, will this have any implication on my current won case number if it get lucky to be schedule for interview.

Please advise.

Thank you

All the best to you all.
It has no any implications..you can go ahead and apply the DV 2024...it has nothing to do with your won case.

Hey,
Congrats winners,
Would you recommend a good time to apply for the lottery during the eligibility period from oct to nov. Applying from Australia. Twice unsuccessful.

Hey,
Congrats winners,
Would you recommend a good time to apply for the lottery during the eligibility period from oct to nov. Applying from Australia. Twice unsuccessful.
There is no magical date/time that ensures selection. It is a random selection based lottery, just like the name implies.

Bula Vinaka
I'm not able to check my entrant status since yesterday. After I enter the authentication code I'm not able to proceed any further.
Is there anyone else facing this issue?
Any suggestions?
Would appreciate

Bula Vinaka
I'm not able to check my entrant status since yesterday. After I enter the authentication code I'm not able to proceed any further.
Is there anyone else facing this issue?
Any suggestions?
Would appreciate
Yes same here
I believe something is wrong with the site
Have u got your interview scheduled

Hey,
Congrats winners,
It took me 10 or 11 years of trying until I got selected in DV2023. I have a high case number so even now i'm not guaranteed to get the visa. Just keep trying my friend and if it's meant to be you'll win. But have a backup plan in case you never do.

Anyone else with high case numbers a bit disheartened by the latest visa bulletin? Oceania only went from 375 to 400 in December. Really hoping it starts increasing at a faster rate or else i'll be lucky to even get an interview with my case number of 21XX.

Anyone else with high case numbers a bit disheartened by the latest visa bulletin? Oceania only went from 375 to 400 in December. Really hoping it starts increasing at a faster rate or else i'll be lucky to even get an interview with my case number of 21XX.
The OC numbers are identical to last year at this time, where OC went current in June.

Oc21xx isn't too bad. I believe oc numbers go above 3000 in dv2023.

And don't judge a year based on early VBs, they always start slow.

And don't make assumptions that dv2023 will go current because dv2022 did. Dv2022 was a mess.

Any OC winner would like to share their interview experience
Id recommend reading through like the last 10 pages (maybe further back) or so of the OC DV22 thread. Since Sydney was closed for most of the 2022 fiscal year a majority of us only got interviewed between July and Oct (either in Suva or Sydney) so the posts aren't that far back and there's plenty of us that have covered our experiences there already.

Thank you Simon, your resources have been invaluable :)

I'm a selectee from Oceania/Sydney with a middle-of-the-road number (2023OC15XX)

If I get through, you'll definitely be getting a meal out of me!

hello everyone ,
Hi all I created this thread for the dv2023 Oceania selectee my boyfriend won this year after applying for the first time case 2023OC18xx…..write down below the thread if your a winner and your case no#
Congratulations on your boyfriend's success! The DV2023 Oceania selectee is a great accomplishment.

This happens every year, the system gets overloaded and crashes. No need to submit your DS260 now anyway, especially with your case number, plus submitting a DS 260 declares immigrant intent, good for a Green Card, but if for whatever reason you decide not to pursue the Green Card, and at a later date you apply for a non immigrant visa, such as a tourist, DOS may refuse you on the basis that you once filed a DS 260.

As for submitting a DS 260, that CEAC site was always booting me off, usually after 5 minutes even when I was typing, I'd click save and it would just take me back to the log in page. Usually I found I'd get 2 to 3 successful saves, and after that it would take me back to login and wouldn't save anything I had entered from the last save, quiet frustrating, especially when I had to enter address details for about 20 different addresses.

Also make sure you have JavaScript enabled, if you disable some answer boxes on some of the questions disappear.

Unfortunately when JavaScript is enabled you can't paste data into some of the answer boxes, i had entered the data on a word doc where it would not boot me off so I could then paste it into some of the answer boxes on the DS 260 and the DS 260 wouldn't allow me to do it.

Also, for anyone meant to be interviewed in Sydney who requires an AFP police certificate, do NOT order option code 35, even though it seems the most appropriate one to get. The Sydney consulate's reciprocity page specifically states which option code to order, option 32 or 33 by memory.

Finally when you get to the last page on the DS 260 and it asks you to enter your case number to submit, make sure you remove all the leading zeros from your case number, so if your case number is 2023OC00000123, you enter 2023OC123.

Good luck, I hope the DV 2023 selectees have a smoother ride than the DV 2022 selectees have had.

--------------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
DS 260 submitted 2 November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Ready to be scheduled for interview 24 December 2021
Current as of 1 January 2022
2NL received 19 April 2022
I’m so mad I’m just now seeing this:/ I applied for the police check but the consulate didnt provide any info in their email to me about the specific check needed. I got the overseas visa one. Do you think they’ll accept it do I need to reapply for another police check?

Also in terms of the US mailing address in the ds260 - obviously I dont live there now so I put a temporary address in with the intent of changing it. Do I have to change it at the interview? When do they even mail it as I don’t intend on flying out there immediately and activating the visa.

Also, the medical exam requires a bunch of vaccines I need to renew or haven’t had at all. Surely, they dont expect me to get all these vaccines in such a short time frame? Did anyone fail their medical on the basis of not having all the vaccines? Thanks!

I’m so mad I’m just now seeing this:/ I applied for the police check but the consulate didnt provide any info in their email to me about the specific check needed. I got the overseas visa one. Do you think they’ll accept it do I need to reapply for another police check?

Also in terms of the US mailing address in the ds260 - obviously I dont live there now so I put a temporary address in with the intent of changing it. Do I have to change it at the interview? When do they even mail it as I don’t intend on flying out there immediately and activating the visa.

Also, the medical exam requires a bunch of vaccines I need to renew or haven’t had at all. Surely, they dont expect me to get all these vaccines in such a short time frame? Did anyone fail their medical on the basis of not having all the vaccines? Thanks!
They won’t accept the wrong police check. You have to order a new one under the right category. Every year some OC selectees get into this and all have to re-do, naturally as one would have to study the reciprocity page to even be aware. We had this same issue as well and ended up ordering three times, whoops.

The US address is where they mail your green card. They will mail the green card to the address after you’ve paid the fees and entered the US. Use a friend or family member in the states, if you don’t have any then a mail forwarding service may work but really do your research about it.

You won’t be able to complete your medical without all the vaccines. Let your panel physician know where you stand with vaccines and they’ll give you instructions as it can vary from office to office. If you run out of time and go to the interview without a completed medical you will be placed under AP and they will wait for your medical before they make a decision on your visa.