• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

My CN is OC 8**, guessing I won't hear anything until (hopefully early) next year.

Also has anyone had any experience with changing interview appointments? Would love to get an idea of how easy it is. I live in Sydney but have to be out of town for work Feb-early March next year and again April-May. The nature of my work means that it would be very hard to fly back into Sydney around those times. Just would love to hear if changing interview appointments is an okay process, would help alleviate my anxiety in the case of a clash.

Hey guys,

CN OC4**, got scheduled for an interview last week for Jan.

Quick question: exactly what documentation do we need to provide to demonstrate employment requiring two years experience?

The instructions received were for “Employment Records / O*Net Qualification”, which are fairly ambiguous (to me, at least!)

first congrats to everyone for making this far i too been waiting for my case # to be current but not so sure as it pretty too high #2343 has anyone had received or been scheduled for interviewed with their as high as this

first congrats to everyone for making this far i too been waiting for my case # to be current but not so sure as it pretty too high #2343 has anyone had received or been scheduled for interviewed with their as high as this
I have a high case number like you. We will not be current until probably June/July next year. Only once we are current on the visa bulletin will we be scheduled for an interview. There is a chance we might not even get an interview. Hopefully we do, stay positive. But be prepared for either outcome.

BULA
Im OC18** ...not yet

Hey guys,

Quick question: exactly what documentation do we need to provide to demonstrate employment requiring two years experience?

The instructions received were for “Employment Records / O*Net Qualification”, which are fairly ambiguous (to me, at least!)
May we know what your interview venue is? Thanks

Ben your case number of 4XX is very low, factoring in holes, if the DV2023 class doesn't know yet what holes are there are some good YouTube videos from Brit Simon that explain it, and also on 1 January 2023 DOS will release CEAC data and there are some very computer smart people who scrape that data and have websites where you can see, amongst other things, how many holes are before and after your case number, but essentially a hole is a case number that was created at the time of entering the DV lottery, and that case was disqualified before the actual draw. In OC the hole rate seemed to be about fifty (50) % for DV 2022 so if that continues in DV 2023, even though you are case number 400 for example, in reality there would be only 200 real cases in front of you.

A number of factors will affect when you are scheduled for an interview, including what you put in your DS 260. If your a young single applicant with stable work history in unremarkable jobs who has never traveled overseas, your DS 260 should be processed quickly (about 6 weeks) in a normal year. If however you have 5 derivatives on your entry, you've traveled to Syria, worked at a nuclear power plant, served in the military, have a criminal record and/or have made comments on social media like F the US, you can expect your DS 260 to take longer to be processed. Another issue is whether KCC will resume "document submission" for DV 2023 winners. KCC started document submission a few years ago and it was a disaster, causing massive delays. Document submission is where KCC asks you to submit copies of your civil documents to KCC before KCC schedule to you for your interview. As part of a trial run DOS suspended the document submission requirement as of 9 December 2021.

Can you or any other DV 2023 winner upload an image of your 1NL (the letter that tells you that you have been randomly selected) so I can see the wording? Redact your personal details and case number. The DV 2022 1NL specifically states you must submit documents to KCC, if that is not on the DV 2023 1NL then it appears the trial period as of 9 December 2021 is continuing for DV 2023.

Finally it needs to be a normal year to make predictions, WW3 could be running by 1 October 2022. Imagine if you told someone this time 3 years ago their selection would be ruined by a world wide pandemic.

DOS will not answer any DV 2023 questions until 1 October 2023 at the earliest.

In a normal year with a normal case a case number of 2023OC4XX could expect to be interviewed in December 2022/January 2023.
--------------------------
2022OC5XX
1NL received 9 May 2021
DS 260 submitted 2 November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Ready to be scheduled for interview 24 December 2021
Current as of 1 January 2022
2NL received 19 April 2022
Can someone help?
So I did the IV and got the visa for dv 2023.
My medical was in November.
How long do I have to “activate” my visa.

Once it’s activated, how long do I have before I have to make the move officially?

Also the email I was sent says I have to pay a uscis fee before entering the US. Does anyone know where I pay this?

Also, has anyone ever seen whats in the yellow sealed envelope they send you? I know youre not supposed to open it but whats the purpose of it. Thanks

Can someone help?
So I did the IV and got the visa for dv 2023.
My medical was in November.
How long do I have to “activate” my visa.

Once it’s activated, how long do I have before I have to make the move officially?

Also the email I was sent says I have to pay a uscis fee before entering the US. Does anyone know where I pay this?

Also, has anyone ever seen whats in the yellow sealed envelope they send you? I know youre not supposed to open it but whats the purpose of it. Thanks
1. Technically speaking, there’s no such thing as “activating the visa”, though that expression is often used by those who need a bit more time to return back home and take care of stuff before making a permanent move. Take a look at the visa stamp on your passport, it has an expiration date which determines how long you have to use the visa to enter the US.
2. There’s no such thing as an official date for moving after activating. You’re a LPR the moment you’re admitted on your IV, the expectation is that you will remain in the country as a LPR. You however may depart for a short while if needed to take care of any unfinished business.
3. The email should have contained the link for where to make the payment. See below for the link:
4. You are supposed to hand it over (unopened) to an immigration officer at the POE.

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a post to make answering them easier.

Hi everyone,
Just checking if our copy’s of documents need to be sighted and signed by a JP or not? It mentions it for translations but nowhere else so I’m assuming not but just want to double check.
Thanks!

Upon enquiring the status of my DS260 from KCC i received the following response
Records indicate you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member to the Kentucky Consular Center. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing......

Does the above response indicate that my DS260 have been opened and accessed?

Thank you

Hey guys,

I didn't know we have to provide proof of previous employment requiring two years' experience! Is this normally asked, or is it only asked if we're seeking to enter the US with experience vs. a high school diploma?

I selected "yes" to my past experience requiring two years' experience, due to the prerequisite uni work I had to complete. My previous two roles were an engineering intern then graduate respectively, so not sure how I'd go about proving they needed experience.

@Sm1smom @Britsimon are we stressing over nothing?

Thank you :)

I didn't know we have to provide proof of previous employment requiring two years' experience! Is this normally asked, or is it only asked if we're seeking to enter the US with experience vs. a high school diploma?

I selected "yes" to my past experience requiring two years' experience, due to the prerequisite uni work I had to complete. My previous two roles were an engineering intern then graduate respectively, so not sure how I'd go about proving they needed experience.

If you have your high school certificate then you qualify with that. No need to prove work experience as well, its only for those that are trying to qualify that way

Yup. Stressing over nothing if you meet the educational requirements.

Some panel physicians need your passport for the medical, so it may be best to ask at interview if you can hold on to it for a while.

When your completed medical is finally sent to them and they’re ready to issue your visa, they’ll contact you to resend your passport.
You are right. Most panel physicians will require your passport for medical clearance. During my visa process, I encountered a similar situation: my panel physician requested my passport for approval, which I inquired about during the interview and kept for a while. It worked perfectly, and I received my visa very quickly; I am overjoyed and grateful to the panel physician.