• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

They won’t accept the wrong police check. You have to order a new one under the right category. Every year some OC selectees get into this and all have to re-do, naturally as one would have to study the reciprocity page to even be aware. We had this same issue as well and ended up ordering three times, whoops.

The US address is where they mail your green card. They will mail the green card to the address after you’ve paid the fees and entered the US. Use a friend or family member in the states, if you don’t have any then a mail forwarding service may work but really do your research about it.

You won’t be able to complete your medical without all the vaccines. Let your panel physician know where you stand with vaccines and they’ll give you instructions as it can vary from office to office. If you run out of time and go to the interview without a completed medical you will be placed under AP and they will wait for your medical before they make a decision on your visa.
Thank you! The doctor was booked out so I wasnt able to get a medical appointment until after the interview date. The consulate has told me this is fine and so long as I have it scheduled I can do the interview. So I’ll be doing it without a medical. I guess that just means I’ll be put in AP mode until after the medical is completed and results received.
Do you know if they keep your passport post interview? I was really hoping to travel (just on holiday) but apparently they keep your passport for some time?

Thank you! The doctor was booked out so I wasnt able to get a medical appointment until after the interview date. The consulate has told me this is fine and so long as I have it scheduled I can do the interview. So I’ll be doing it without a medical. I guess that just means I’ll be put in AP mode until after the medical is completed and results received.
Do you know if they keep your passport post interview? I was really hoping to travel (just on holiday) but apparently they keep your passport for some time?
Some panel physicians need your passport for the medical, so it may be best to ask at interview if you can hold on to it for a while.

When your completed medical is finally sent to them and they’re ready to issue your visa, they’ll contact you to resend your passport.

Bear in mind if your visa is not issued within the month of in which your interview takes place, your AP period will be prolonged as the embassy would have returned you assigned visa back to the KCC, and would need to send in a request for a new visa number to be assigned to you. So you might want to rethink the planned holiday trip to see if it is worth the potential additional delay with getting your IV issued.

Bear in mind if your visa is not issued within the month of in which your interview takes place, your AP period will be prolonged as the embassy would have returned you assigned visa back to the KCC, and would need to send in a request for a new visa number to be assigned to you. So you might want to rethink the planned holiday trip to see if it is worth the potential additional delay with getting your IV issued.
Thanks - I’m not too sure is meant by the last line. Can you clarify? My interview has already been scheduled.

Thanks - I’m not too sure is meant by the last line. Can you clarify? My interview has already been scheduled.
1. Interview scheduled to take place in which month? 2. Medical scheduled for which month? 3. Which month are you planning on traveling?

November is your answer to all three questions
You shouldn’t be subject to an additional AP in that case if your passport gets returned back to the embassy in November. If the passport was to be returned to the embassy in December for instance, that will lead to additional time in AP as the original visa reserved for the November interview would have been returned to the KCC as unused at the end of November.

Hi All

Just to share my experience and many thanks to this forum as i have successfully got the visa

DV2023 winner, OC1**
DS260 submitted - May 22
Schedule for interview - Sep 22
Interview - Nov 22
Passport and visa packet received

Interview at Suva, went smoothly, questions asked, marriage status, children, where have u stayed, any criminal offense and current employer

Now moving to the states soon:)

Hi All

Just to share my experience and many thanks to this forum as i have successfully got the visa

DV2023 winner, OC1**
DS260 submitted - May 22
Interview - Nov 22

Interview at Suva, went smoothly, questions asked, marriage status, children, where have u stayed, any criminal offense and current employer

Hi Bux22 we are yet to reach Nov 22 how did you get the interview?

Hi All

DV2023 winner, OC1**
DS260 submitted - May 22
Interview - Nov 22

Got my interview coming up too, How long did they keep your passport post interview?

Hi all. I'm from fiji.
Case number 2023OC21xx
From what I read on most other forums, it seems this is very high and chances for an interview is close to zero Hopefully I'm wrong.

Is there anybody who has done an interview at the Sydney consulate? Roughly how many people did they schedule on your interview day? Did it take long to be called up? Thanks.

Bula all forum members

Anyone with any idea what is the current case number who received the 2nl. A family member of a work mate said he received a 2nl recently for his case number 2023OC15**.

is that possible as visa bulletin says otherwise and 15** isnt even current now.

Bula all forum members

Anyone with any idea what is the current case number who received the 2nl. A family member of a work mate said he received a 2nl recently for his case number 2023OC15**.

is that possible as visa bulletin says otherwise and 15** isnt even current now.
Definitely not.