• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

Hi all
OC applicant here. Just a question...I got 2 doses of covid vaccine. Is booster compulsory too? Thanks

Hi all
OC applicant here. Just a question...I got 2 doses of covid vaccine. Is booster compulsory too? Thanks
Only the primary vaccine series (which is 1 or 2 doses, depending on formulation) required for immigration purpose.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my experience as my wife and I have now received our visas (and give a big thanks to this forum + britsimon's helpful content on YouTube!)

DV2023 winner, OC4**
Submitted DS-260 in May '22
2NL request received Nov '22
Interview Jan '23 (visa approved on the spot)
Passport returned with visa via mail just 3 days later

Did the interview in Sydney, which really wasn't an interview at all. No questions asked, apart from where we'd like to live in the US (just making general conversation). Simply gave our docs, paid, and that was it! All over in about 40 mins.

Best of all luck to everyone else! Feel free to ask any questions if you have them :)

Hi All

Thanks for this forum which has very valuable information and advises.

My case number is 2023OC27*7, will follow up on monthly visa bulletins and hope the allocations increases each month.

Anyone has any leads or predictions on when the interview maybe scheduled?

Hi All

Thanks for this forum which has very valuable information and advises.

My case number is 2023OC27*7, will follow up on monthly visa bulletins and hope the allocations increases each month.

Anyone has any leads or predictions on when the interview maybe scheduled?
My cn OC 9** , interview on 14th Feb. You may now predict yours on the basis of my CN.

Hi All,

I am an Australian-born dual citizen (Australian and European) and have reflected this in my DS-260 submission, along with my European passport details. My case number is 2023OC000025XX.

I have a few questions that are rather specific to me, but before emailing KCC I thought I’d try my luck here. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
  • Does my European passport need to be translated into English, even if the original document is in both the native language and English already? I originally thought the answer would be 'no', but I recall seeing some discussion around this topic on the forum so thought I’d check.
  • My European citizenship usually mandates military service. However, I have received an exemption as I am a resident of another country (Australia). I have not served any time in any military. Will I need to provide proof of this exemption as part of the DV process?
  • Further to the second question, will I need to provide any other documents from Europe? I haven’t found much information on the website around the documents required from the secondary countries of dual citizens, only what is required from countries of birth and residence.
  • In 2012 (aged 16+), I travelled to Canada for 4-5 months to complete an exchange semester abroad as part of my undergraduate degree. During this time, I stayed in the Canadian university dorms but was not required to change my Australian residency status or update my address because of the length and temporary nature of the stay. Because of this, I didn’t list the Canadian dorm as a previous residential address on my DS-260. I’d like to know if I should unlock my DS-260 to add this information (the additional residential address) to my submission.

Hi everyone,

I'm an EU winner but will have the interview in Auckland 2 months later.
For the medical assessment, I have noticed that they ask for a copy of the immunization record, I have no idea where I can get it in NZ, or will the medical center will provide it after the blood test?
Hope someone already goes through this step can help to explain it to me, thank you in advance!
ask 2.PNG

Hi everyone,

I'm an EU winner but will have the interview in Auckland 2 months later.
For the medical assessment, I have noticed that they ask for a copy of the immunization record, I have no idea where I can get it in NZ, or will the medical center will provide it after the blood test?
Hope someone already goes through this step can help to explain it to me, thank you in advance!
Your immunization history is your records of all of your immunization shots you have had. Blood tests can't test for immunity against all, only for some. So they can't provide you with it in anyway. Your records would be from whatever country you got them done in, so if you had them done as a child in Europe, then you'd have to get them from the European medical system some how. It's not super clear if you grew up in NZ and got them done there, or somewhere else. It varies country to country how you would obtain them.

Your immunization history is your records of all of your immunization shots you have had. Blood tests can't test for immunity against all, only for some. So they can't provide you with it in anyway. Your records would be from whatever country you got them done in, so if you had them done as a child in Europe, then you'd have to get them from the European medical system some how. It's not super clear if you grew up in NZ and got them done there, or somewhere else. It varies country to country how you would obtain them.
Thanks, I grew up in Turkey, but we don't have something like that at all. And it's kinda impossible to get all the shots, even don't have NHI number now. And I searched some posts who need to go through this in Turkey, they mentioned the blood test will help to provide the immunization record, so wondering does anyone have experience or familiar with this.

Anyone here current and interviewing in Auckland but not yet received a 2NL? I notice in the CEAC data there are a few cases current for Auckland that have been that way a while now with no status change. Just trying to determine if Auckland is on top of interviews or if they are slow with a backlog.

Anyone here current and interviewing in Auckland but not yet received a 2NL? I notice in the CEAC data there are a few cases current for Auckland that have been that way a while now with no status change. Just trying to determine if Auckland is on top of interviews or if they are slow with a backlog.
I'm current and received the 2NL, but im EU case number, not sure it's helped or not

Hi Everyone,

Another question I would like to learn is will the Citymed(Auckland medical exam place) can accept my appointment and go through all checks without I completing full vaccination from the list. Apparently, since I cannot provide the previous record, my local GP ask me to reshoot everything. Does anyone go through the medical exam and interview during taking the vaccination?

Hi Everyone,

Another question I would like to learn is will the Citymed(Auckland medical exam place) can accept my appointment and go through all checks without I completing full vaccination from the list. Apparently, since I cannot provide the previous record, my local GP ask me to reshoot everything. Does anyone go through the medical exam and interview during taking the vaccination?
You need have at least one of all the relevant shots done (if they are a series) before or at the time of your medical, except Covid, you need to be fully vaccinated for that beforehand.

Also, if you immigrated to New Zealand you would have had to show similar vaccinations to NZ, so where are those records?

Hey! I'm in the same bracket as you (2023OC21XX), will be Auckland embassy, and I was wondering the same thing. I watched one of britsimon's recent videos about whether your embassy is performing ok and I felt a bit more relaxed after then. Of course with our case numbers we've got a slight chance of missing out but, before the March visa bulletin came out, it looked like they were doing pretty well - as Simon explains if the embassy is scheduling cases (i.e. will have the 'ready' status) that are right up to the highest case number in the visa bulletin (like February was 1100) it's an indication that the embassy doesn't have a backlog. According to the CEAC data the Auckland embassy was scheduling cases for interviews up to the highest current bracket (1001-1100), so they were probably doing reasonably well. The March bulletin's only increased to 1150 though and they're not scheduling cases in that bracket. I think there were only 173 winners from NZ and not tooooo many people interviewing at Auckland from overseas so far so it could just be there's no winners in the 1101-1150 bracket for Auckland maybe. I think cases perhaps stay at "ready" if people don't turn up for their interviews or don't respond, too. The CEAC data for this week will be out later this afternoon NZT :)

If that sounds super rambly I apologise haha! Honestly, get on to britsimon and xarthisius if you haven't already, it's answered like every question I've had about this stuff and helps keep me pragmatic and realistic about things too.

Hey! I'm in the same bracket as you (2023OC21XX), will be Auckland embassy, and I was wondering the same thing. I watched one of britsimon's recent videos about whether your embassy is performing ok and I felt a bit more relaxed after then. Of course with our case numbers we've got a slight chance of missing out but, before the March visa bulletin came out, it looked like they were doing pretty well - as Simon explains if the embassy is scheduling cases (i.e. will have the 'ready' status) that are right up to the highest case number in the visa bulletin (like February was 1100) it's an indication that the embassy doesn't have a backlog. According to the CEAC data the Auckland embassy was scheduling cases for interviews up to the highest current bracket (1001-1100), so they were probably doing reasonably well. The March bulletin's only increased to 1150 though and they're not scheduling cases in that bracket. I think there were only 173 winners from NZ and not tooooo many people interviewing at Auckland from overseas so far so it could just be there's no winners in the 1101-1150 bracket for Auckland maybe. I think cases perhaps stay at "ready" if people don't turn up for their interviews or don't respond, too. The CEAC data for this week will be out later this afternoon NZT :)

If that sounds super rambly I apologise haha! Honestly, get on to britsimon and xarthisius if you haven't already, it's answered like every question I've had about this stuff and helps keep me pragmatic and realistic about things too.
Hi emmaaaa, thanks for your response. That's cool that we're both in the same case number range and interviewing at Auckland! we should keep in touch and help make sure each other have all our ducks in a row. I am also watching Britsimon's vids and checking the CEAC data. I'm just so nervous about missing out it took me 10 years of entering the lottery to finally get selected i'll be devastated if I don't get an interview haha. It doesn't help that I have an Irish/EU passport as well as NZ so I have so many options of where I could move to try and increase my chances but would prefer to stay in NZ if the Auckland embassy is keeping on top of the interviews. I'll flick you a private message!

Hi emmaaaa, thanks for your response. That's cool that we're both in the same case number range and interviewing at Auckland! we should keep in touch and help make sure each other have all our ducks in a row. I am also watching Britsimon's vids and checking the CEAC data. I'm just so nervous about missing out it took me 10 years of entering the lottery to finally get selected i'll be devastated if I don't get an interview haha. It doesn't help that I have an Irish/EU passport as well as NZ so I have so many options of where I could move to try and increase my chances but would prefer to stay in NZ if the Auckland embassy is keeping on top of the interviews. I'll flick you a private message!
I completely understand that feeling - it's been 10 years of applying for me as well. It looks like they're doing okay, and usually they go through a whole bunch from May/June. I suppose you've been looking at the data like me and thinking "mannn there are some big families" haha!

My cn OC 9** , interview on 14th Feb. You may now predict yours on the basis of my CN.
Quite worrying trend for Oceania as per forecasted visa bulletin and it's capped at 1150 until April. Not sure if there will be significant movements after that.

Anyone can predict??

Yeah I was really hoping the April bulletin numbers would be much higher. What embassy are you interviewing at? The progression is similar to last year though. But there are more Oceania cases this year (or higher case numbers at least).

Yeah I was really hoping the April bulletin numbers would be much higher. What embassy are you interviewing at? The progression is similar to last year though. But there are more Oceania cases this year (or higher case numbers at least).
Suva, case number at 2023OC027**..hope with the high cases they also process faster

Suva are one of the better performing consulates they seem to be up to date so hopefully you will be ok. I feel like Auckland is a bit slow the CEAC data shows a number of cases as ready but they should have gone for their interviews by now so not sure what is going on.