• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

Quite worrying trend for Oceania as per forecasted visa bulletin and it's capped at 1150 until April. Not sure if there will be significant movements after that.

Anyone can predict??
I was disappointed to see this, too! I know there are higher case numbers this year but there are a lot more 'holes' as well which is a good sign for those of us that made the cut. It looks like there are a few more derivatives this year than last (i.e. people bringing more family members - I wonder if this slows the process a little... can anyone confirm? This is one that I can't find an answer to on britsimons blog/vlogs) and a higher concentration of winners from Fiji and the other Pacific Islands which Suva has to process. I guess the latter makes it a bit more concerning having a higher case number and interviewing through Suva but CTNZ's right, they're one of the best performing embassies out there so it probably wouldn't be worth a transfer. Hopefully it works out.

It's so hard to gauge the performance of small embassies like Auckland esp. with only 173 winners from NZ and so few international cases coming through our embassy. They're not 'up to date' as per britsimon's vlog on embassy performance but they don't tend to release 2NL's until the middle of the month when the following month's visa bulletin is released... hopefully, for all of us in the OC region, we see a more significant change when the bulletin's released in a few days! Good luck everyone :)

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my experience as my wife and I have now received our visas (and give a big thanks to this forum + britsimon's helpful content on YouTube!)

DV2023 winner, OC4**
Submitted DS-260 in May '22
2NL request received Nov '22
Interview Jan '23 (visa approved on the spot)
Passport returned with visa via mail just 3 days later

Did the interview in Sydney, which really wasn't an interview at all. No questions asked, apart from where we'd like to live in the US (just making general conversation). Simply gave our docs, paid, and that was it! All over in about 40 mins.

Best of all luck to everyone else! Feel free to ask any questions if you have them :)
Hi NZ Ben, were you asked to provide an i134 at the sydney embassy?

Hi Guys,

I have a question about providing funds/ assets for the interview. The consulate requires evidence of your own funds/assets to enable you to support yourself in the U.S. in the 2NL email.
I'm the only applicant who will join this interview, but I'm Ph.D. student in New Zealand without income(tuition paid by scholarship). I only have an apartment back in Turkey under my name, and saving is equal to 30k USD saving in my bank account. Will this be enough? Do I need to ask any house agent to evaluate my apartment value then provide an estimated value report? Does anyone who already finished the interview can help to provide some experiences?

How much do I need to show that I can support myself in the US? Is there a required amount?

Thank you in advance!

Bula ... I'm from Fiji, and i was also a successful applicant for the 2023 DV Lottery... i had filled my D260 form on 13 May 2022 and am still awaiting any news for Interview....Hopefully it is anytime soon....Any idea what is the latest number scheduled for Interview?

Bula ... I'm from Fiji, and i was also a successful applicant for the 2023 DV Lottery... i had filled my D260 form on 13 May 2022 and am still awaiting any news for Interview....Hopefully it is anytime soon....Any idea what is the latest number scheduled for Interview?
What is your case number?

Hi Guys,

I have a question about providing funds/ assets for the interview. The consulate requires evidence of your own funds/assets to enable you to support yourself in the U.S. in the 2NL email.
I'm the only applicant who will join this interview, but I'm Ph.D. student in New Zealand without income(tuition paid by scholarship). I only have an apartment back in Turkey under my name, and saving is equal to 30k USD saving in my bank account. Will this be enough? Do I need to ask any house agent to evaluate my apartment value then provide an estimated value report? Does anyone who already finished the interview can help to provide some experiences?

How much do I need to show that I can support myself in the US? Is there a required amount?

Thank you in advance!
If I was you i'd get a valuation of your apartment done and proof of title with no mortgage or if there is a mortgage get the mortgage owner (bank) to provide a statement of what is owing so the Consular Officer at the interview can determine how much you will get from the sale of the apartment.

But from what i've heard $30K USD savings should be sufficient. Personally i'd still do the valuation thing as a backup.

Hi All

Thanks for this forum which has very valuable information and advises.

My case number is 2023OC27*7, will follow up on monthly visa bulletins and hope the allocations increases each month.

Anyone has any leads or predictions on when the interview maybe scheduled?
If it helps...mine is DV20230C21XX and i still havent received my date for interview yet...probably June July or August...

Thank you! I will try to remote do it. Don't know how long it will take
If I was you i'd get a valuation of your apartment done and proof of title with no mortgage or if there is a mortgage get the mortgage owner (bank) to provide a statement of what is owing so the Consular Officer at the interview can determine how much you will get from the sale of the apartment.

But from what i've heard $30K USD savings should be sufficient. Personally i'd still do the valuation thing as a backup.

what effect will this have on OC selectees? I’m interviewing in Syd but seems will effect those for auckland

Attachments

• 15FC0CD3-FB32-4C60-91A9-C520C4A4D118.png
    15FC0CD3-FB32-4C60-91A9-C520C4A4D118.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
what effect will this have on OC selectees? I’m interviewing in Syd but seems will effect those for auckland
This is really concerning for people interviewing at Auckland. Especially with high case numbers like mine.

This is really concerning for people interviewing at Auckland. Especially with high case numbers like mine.
I emailed the Auckland Consulate and they said they are going to try and schedule as many interviews as they can each week to ensure that people don't miss out on their opportunity. They didn't clarify whether they would schedule any in July/August or if they mean either side of those months. But they are aware that DV Lottery selectees need to have their interviews before the end of Sept so hopefully they manage it well but still a bit concerning.

Am I stupid for entering the US five days before my green card (stamp in passport) is due to expire? Has anybody else left it this close to expiry to enter the US?

First time. I didn’t think too much of it until I told others and they said it’s too close to expiry, what if the flights gets cancelled, etc…
The only risk is such unusual issues. The cost in that case will be monetary so not a big deal in my opinion.

Am I stupid for entering the US five days before my green card (stamp in passport) is due to expire? Has anybody else left it this close to expiry to enter the US?
5 days to expiration date may not be too bad. In general, the rule of thumb is to not wait until close to expiration date, life happens. Initiate the activation as soon as possible. While not an exact case, here's a situation of life happening you might want to read about.