• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

Unfortunately it is one month left. Only the August bulletin, if it does not go current, then all hope is lost.
Hello, your comment was interesting to me. Could you (or someone else here) clarify that? This is our first time winning and the information is not the clearest on the gov websites. What does it mean exactly when the OC category turns to "current".

I understood that "current" means that they would not be calling anymore numbers and if you didn't see your number on the previous bulletins that you would not be called.

based on your comment it seems that "current" means all pending applicants can apply? is that correct? I haven't been able to find any clear specifics on this anywhere.

Thank you

Hello, your comment was interesting to me. Could you (or someone else here) clarify that? This is our first time winning and the information is not the clearest on the gov websites. What does it mean exactly when the OC category turns to "current".

I understood that "current" means that they would not be calling anymore numbers and if you didn't see your number on the previous bulletins that you would not be called.

based on your comment it seems that "current" means all pending applicants can apply? is that correct? I haven't been able to find any clear specifics on this anywhere.

Thank you
There are two types of "current":
1. When the CN falls below the cut-off numbers on the VB, the CN is considered current from that particular month where the number is listed.
2. When the VB shows the word CURRENT for a particular region, as against listing a cut-off number, it means cut-off numbers are no longer applicable and all the CNs for that region are considered current.

Guys! My husband won for OC 2023 cn 17** but I have to agree that the latest bulletin with no movement in the predictions is HIGHLY disappointing. We currently live in my country of Brazil and praying for any slim chance of an interview. I even emailed the KCC to inquiry about the lack of movement in the last bulletin and they just shot back the numbers from the MAY bulletin, basically saying, without saying, that those were the numbers they were on.

I also tried to ask them if everyone who can statistically get a visa would be called? which I didn't get an answer to.
If anyone can answer that I would appreciate it.

For example if they have 3,500 (7% max for each country) visas available, and a total of 2,400 applicants total under OC, a number less than the total visa... would they call everyone? or is it all based on the time frame. Get a low enough # to get interviewed before Sept. 30th on THEIR schedule or lose out. Luck of the draw type of thing.

I don't know.... that seems unfair if it is the latter. Especially of they have enough visas for everyone in this category. Plus we already did the luck of the draw the first time around just to be selected... thoughts?

also what is a 2nl?

please and thank you.
I would recommend you simply wait and see what the final VB for the 2023 turns out to be, as against trying to do an analysis of something you do not have enough data on - the final VB comes out in less than a month. Unfortunately, being fortunate enough to be selected does not guarantee a visa, I'm sure your selectee notification letter has that disclaimer listed on it. More people are selected than the available number of visas.

2NL - Second Notification Letter - the interview notification letter.

I would recommend you simply wait and see what the final VB for the 2023 turns out to be, as against trying to do an analysis of something you do not have enough data on - the final VB comes out in less than a month. Unfortunately, being fortunate enough to be selected does not guarantee a visa, I'm sure your selectee notification letter has that disclaimer listed on it. More people are selected than the available number of visas.

2NL - Second Notification Letter - the interview notification letter.
@Sm1smom

Hey! Thanks for the replies. Good info, I really appreciate it. I'll take that advice and wait. We're reaching the end any ways right? So the next bulletin is the last one for 2023?

-Thanks again.

Congrats! Got my greencard last month. Was 21xx for DV2022. Was on E3 also. Many have done the switch, this forum will be v helpful and you might like to read through the DV 2022 OC forum as there were a lot of posts about E3 to GC
Hi LuckyOneTwo,

What month was your case number called?

What month was your case number called?
What month did your case number become current?
Instead of asking individual people you can simply look at historical visa bulletins...

Wikipedia also has a page with a statistics chart on the DV. It's pretty detailed.

showing a total of 2,503 applicants plus dependents selected for DV2023.
Plus shows lots of other stats as well from past years.

Just search Diversity Immigrant Visa.

Pretty grateful! Tears of joy <3 My entire family in the US as well... really relieved to see a number that high and super excited for the opportunity to be interviewed. Eagerly awaiting our date.

Thanks everyone ^_^

Anyone in this thread been through the Sydney or Suva embassy and be refused and would be willing to talk about your experience? Our OC region appears to have a much higher refusal rate than others and just wanting to figure out why?

I completely understand that this could be quite triggering or difficult to discuss for someone who has been refused, but I'm certain you sharing your story would be very helpful and very much appreciated by others in this thread/other OC winners.

Anyone in this thread been through the Sydney or Suva embassy and be refused and would be willing to talk about your experience? Our OC region appears to have a much higher refusal rate than others and just wanting to figure out why?

I completely understand that this could be quite triggering or difficult to discuss for someone who has been refused, but I'm certain you sharing your story would be very helpful and very much appreciated by others in this thread/other OC winners.

Refusals are rare for genuine cases. No need to stress.

Last 2NLs for OC have been sent out!
(Real) case numbers from OC1651 all the way up to the cut off (OC2499) have had interviews scheduled!
(Did I spend the morning scraping the data myself, Yes, do I regret it, absolutely not!)
Why would you do that - we have all the data scraped every day.