• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Oceania Winners

Bula from Fiji

which month do you think i have chance of getting interview with case number 2023OC188X
Really hard to say comparing to DV2022 because of covid delays so hopefully they process interviews way faster in DV2023 but if you look at the data from DV2022, case numbers around yours got their 2NL letters around April/June so I guess their interviews were in June/July. If your consulate is Suva you have the benefit that they have been the best performing consulate in DV2022 however in DV2023 there are way more selectees from Fiji so they will have more to process. So in summary it's very hard to say but I wish you luck in your greencard journey.

tha
Really hard to say comparing to DV2022 because of covid delays so hopefully they process interviews way faster in DV2023 but if you look at the data from DV2022, case numbers around yours got their 2NL letters around April/June so I guess their interviews were in June/July. If your consulate is Suva you have the benefit that they have been the best performing consulate in DV2022 however in DV2023 there are way more selectees from Fiji so they will have more to process. So in summary it's very hard to say but I wish you luck in your greencard journey.
thank you so much for the response. yes my consulate is in Suva so hoping for the best.
All the very best to you and the rest of the selectees for DV2023.

I av a work mate who had a high number in 3xxx and she got her interview in may. she is travelling to US next month. she was a dv 2022 selectee.

Congrats on getting your greencard i'm DV23 21XX which i'm worried is too high but it appears higher numbers have had their GC issued in DV22 so fingers crossed I get an interview. What consulate did you go through?
Thanks! I also thought my number was high, didn’t submit DS260 until late April 22 when OC went current. Transferred to Suva as soon as I got my 2nl in late May 22.

Thanks! I also thought my number was high, didn’t submit DS260 until late April 22 when OC went current. Transferred to Suva as soon as I got my 2nl in late May 22.
I thought once you got your 2NL it was too late to transfer to another consulate? Because isn't your interview scheduled at the time of receiving the 2NL? Thought I heard BritSimon say that at that point it's too late but I may be wrong it obviously worked for you.

You will be assigned your home consulate e.g Sydney for Australian selectees. AFAIK in previous years it was difficult to change as your case/documents had been assigned/sent to that consulate, and to switch you needed to notify both KCC and your assigned and intended consulates, and consulates we’re not necessarily helpful…thus the time taken to do this was prohibitive. With no documents in DV22, and Suva being fantastic, responsive and efficient, it was pretty simple. As far as I could tell the Suva behaviour was not the status quo for consulates. This if you want to transfer to Suva, you’ll probably be fine. Other consulates - not sure

I initially asked KCC if I could interview in Mexico (prior to receiving 2nl) (as I live in the US already) but I don’t work or have family ties there so they declined and assigned me Sydney

You will be assigned your home consulate e.g Sydney for Australian selectees. AFAIK in previous years it was difficult to change as your case/documents had been assigned/sent to that consulate, and to switch you needed to notify both KCC and your assigned and intended consulates, and consulates we’re not necessarily helpful…thus the time taken to do this was prohibitive. With no documents in DV22, and Suva being fantastic, responsive and efficient, it was pretty simple. As far as I could tell the Suva behaviour was not the status quo for consulates. This if you want to transfer to Suva, you’ll probably be fine. Other consulates - not sure
Hi
Any idea if im an DV2023 winner, case number is OC1**, when can i expect 2NL

You will be assigned your home consulate e.g Sydney for Australian selectees.
Slight technical correction: you will be assigned a consulate based on your current home address in the DS260, so Sydney for those selectees resident in Australia. (The way you phrased it, someone new to this process might think all Australians have to interview in Sydney regardless where they currently live)

Slight technical correction: you will be assigned a consulate based on your current home address in the DS260, so Sydney for those selectees resident in Australia. (The way you phrased it, someone new to this process might think all Australians have to interview in Sydney regardless where they currently live)
I knew I would have missed something! Thanks for the correction. What do you think the standard process is considering my home address was listed as USA? Still Sydney? Whereas if someone lived in Mexico or London they would be assigned those embassies?

Within the next few months I would say.
@Bux2022 OC1xx? Your 2nl should be anytime as the number 100s are already current for October interview appointments. Have you already submitted your Ds260? My besties number was OC2xx and she is scheduled for interview on Oct 11. She received her 2nl on Tuesday ( just a couple a days ago)
All the best there :)

@Bux2022 OC1xx? Your 2nl should be anytime as the number 100s are already current for October interview appointments. Have you already submitted your Ds260? My besties number was OC2xx and she is scheduled for interview on Oct 11. She received her 2nl on Tuesday ( just a couple a days ago)
All the best there :)
I submitted same on May 21
Im from Fiji but yet to receive
May i know which embassy the interview is

I submitted same on May 21
Im from Fiji but yet to receive
May i know which embassy the interview is
Okay . try to email KCC to see if your DS260 was processed . We emailed KCC after requesting them to unlock her DS260 on August 10 and messaged on August 18 or 19 enquiring about the status and they responded that the CN is current and currently being processed and then on August 23rd PST we received the notification to check ESC.
She is in Suva and will be interviewed at the US embassy in Suva.
I suggest you email them. There’s no harm

I knew I would have missed something! Thanks for the correction. What do you think the standard process is considering my home address was listed as USA? Still Sydney? Whereas if someone lived in Mexico or London they would be assigned those embassies?
You’re non standard because standard if you’re living in the US is to AOS. So the default in a case like yours for CP would be country of nationality.

Hi kindly requesting for some information in regards to the sponsorship form. I mean which form to be filled for affidavit of support. I believe there's bit of a change from the previous years.

Hi kindly requesting for some information in regards to the sponsorship form. I mean which form to be filled for affidavit of support. I believe there's bit of a change from the previous years.