• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello,
When do they start sending emails for us to prepare our docs?
If we were selected for DV 2023, can we still apply again for DV 2024 in case we did not win the GC?

Hello,
When do they start sending emails for us to prepare our docs?
If we were selected for DV 2023, can we still apply again for DV 2024 in case we did not win the GC?
1. If you mean the document request email from KCC, then most probably the pilot program from December 9th 2021 to put the Documentation procedure on hold is continuing. We'll need to wait and see if it'll be requested ever
2. Yes you can!

If my birth certificate is in two languages, including English, should it be translated?
It's in English already - so no.
This is one of the rare instance where I have to disagree with Simon. My recommendation will be to get a separate full translation. This for me is based on 8 CFR 103.2(b)(3) which says:

“Translations. Any document containing foreign language submitted to USCIS shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.”

It is also based on a personal experience where I submitted a document containing both English and another language in support of a petition to USCIS, I received a RFE to submit a translated copy of that document. Admittedly one might say that was the USCIS in my case and OP will be dealing with an embassy, I would nonetheless recommend to err on the side of caution and get the document translated.

I think it depends. My high school certificate was bilingual and i did not have to provide a translation of the non-English part at my consular interview - and I’d note my country is one of the few where civil documents in non-English official languages do have to be translated into English, but I’d assumed that the fact that there was English on that one would be ok. That said, even though it was, with hindsight perspective of other cases I’d go the rather safe than sorry route.

This is one of the rare instance where I have to disagree with Simon. My recommendation will be to get a separate full translation. This for me is based on 8 CFR 103.2(b)(3) which says:

“Translations. Any document containing foreign language submitted to USCIS shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.”

It is also based on a personal experience where I submitted a document containing both English and another language in support of a petition to USCIS, I received a RFE to submit a translated copy of that document. Admittedly one might say that was the USCIS in my case and OP will be dealing with an embassy, I would nonetheless recommend to err on the side of caution and get the document translated.

Yeah - I understand where you are coming from, and not at all offended that you disagree! My wife had one like this - a Spanish document but every part of it had an English explanation. It was accepted, no problem. But sure - no harm in getting a translation - so that could be the safest route.

Yeah - I understand where you are coming from, and not at all offended that you disagree! My wife had one like this - a Spanish document but every part of it had an English explanation. It was accepted, no problem. But sure - no harm in getting a translation - so that could be the safest route I
I have a question in that regards. My birth certificate is in French, can I translate it by my own (if yes, is there any website that I can use to do so?) or do I have to find a certified translator to translate it for me ?

I have a question in that regards. My birth certificate is in French, can I translate it by my own (if yes, is there any website that I can use to do so?) or do I have to find a certified translator to translate it for me ?
No, you should not translate it on your own. Anyone else (except yourself or an immediate family member) fluent in both English and French can translate the document provided they include a signed certification statement attesting to their own fluency in both English and French languages.

Where are you interviewing?

I am an AOSers btw. I will be interviewing in the US.
Oh. Somewhat confusing as you are posting in the CP thread.

For others reading this, I asked because many countries where French is the official language do not require translations - always make sure you read your consulate-specific instructions.

Oh. Somewhat confusing as you are posting in the CP thread.

For others reading this, I asked because many countries where French is the official language do not require translations - always make sure you read your consulate-specific instructions.
Yeah you’re right ! Since the matter was discuss in this forum, I thought I would just ask here.

Just as Susie said, make sure to read your consulate-specific instructions for other folks reading this !!

Is there any way to tell when your DS-260 has been processed? I submitted mine soon after selection in May and got the application confirmation. When I log back in to the CEAC website it just says "Completed" next to my application. Does "Completed" change to "Processed" once KCC have processed it? Do we know if they process them in order of submission or is it done on case number?

Is there any way to tell when your DS-260 has been processed? I submitted mine soon after selection in May and got the application confirmation. When I log back in to the CEAC website it just says "Completed" next to my application. Does "Completed" change to "Processed" once KCC have processed it? Do we know if they process them in order of submission or is it done on case number?
To check whether your DS-260 has been processed, you need to inquire KCC by email. The status of DS-260 on the CEAC website won't change until your case number is current. I guess they process DS-260 in order of submission, but the processing time may vary among applicants.

Hi everyone! I have received an invitation for an interview in October. I have a couple of questions as I am a bit confused here. The letter I have received does not state that I need to send scanned copies of my supporting documents. However, it says that I need to carefully follow instructions at DVSelectee portal. My questions are as follows:

- Am I required to send scanned copies at KCC even though they have not requested? My guess is No as they already have scheduled an appointment for me. Am I correct?
- I have a couple of documents that are issued in French. Am I required to translate these documents before the interview (Interview is at Montreal office)?
- I was looking at the Consulate office and noticed they're asking for vaccination records. I do not possess this record at the moment. What's the best course of action in case I cannot obtain this record before the medical exam appointment?
- Is COVID-19 among the required vaccines that DV Selectees must get before the interview?

You may dismiss my question as to whether I should submit the documents or not. Ds-260 confirmation states that documents submission is not required unless insufficient information was provided.