• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi. Question. If I sent my DS-260 back in May with all of the times I went to the USA, but I have just traveled to the States again in July, should I ask to unlock the DS-260 to add that trip? I sent an e-mail to KCC and they are currently processing my document. I think unlocking the document would delay the process. Also, I believe it would be assumed I did not add that trip since I sent the DS-260 way before traveling. Can that be resolved in the interview?

Hi. Question. If I sent my DS-260 back in May with all of the times I went to the USA, but I have just traveled to the States again in July, should I ask to unlock the DS-260 to add that trip? I sent an e-mail to KCC and they are currently processing my document. I think unlocking the document would delay the process. Also, I believe it would be assumed I did not add that trip since I sent the DS-260 way before traveling. Can that be resolved in the interview?
It’s really not necessary to unlock the ds260 every time you do something. As long as it’s accurate as at the date of submission and your update is not something that could cause an unnecessary delay for checks after the interview (a trip to a country on the US’s security watchlist for example) you can update in the interview.

It’s really not necessary to unlock the ds260 every time you do something. As long as it’s accurate as at the date of submission and your update is not something that could cause an unnecessary delay for checks after the interview (a trip to a country on the US’s security watchlist for example) you can update in the interview.
Perfect. Thank you so much.

I have two other questions.

1. When I sent the DS-260, in the question regarding the vaccinations, I answered "No" and I wrote down "The applicant is in the process of reviewing vaccination records and will obtain the required vaccinations on or before the date of the medical exam.". Should I update that info when I get all the necessary vaccines on the DS-260 or just present the vaccination record card at the moment of the interview?

2. My case number is SA28XX. SA has 3560 cases and the VB for October shows that the cut-off number is 500. I sent my DS-260 early in May and is currently processing. Should I expect my interview to be one of the firsts next year when the VB shows "Current" or could it be before, if not all of the SA winners with lower CN submitted their DS-260? What I mean by this is, for example, this October, if a 100 people with CN below 500 have not submitted their DS-260, will the CN through 600+ be given a chance to be interviewed in October as well, even though the cut-off number said 500?

Perfect. Thank you so much.

I have two other questions.

1. When I sent the DS-260, in the question regarding the vaccinations, I answered "No" and I wrote down "The applicant is in the process of reviewing vaccination records and will obtain the required vaccinations on or before the date of the medical exam.". Should I update that info when I get all the necessary vaccines on the DS-260 or just present the vaccination record card at the moment of the interview?

2. My case number is SA28XX. SA has 3560 cases and the VB for October shows that the cut-off number is 500. I sent my DS-260 early in May and is currently processing. Should I expect my interview to be one of the firsts next year when the VB shows "Current" or could it be before, if not all of the SA winners with lower CN submitted their DS-260? What I mean by this is, for example, this October, if a 100 people with CN below 500 have not submitted their DS-260, will the CN through 600+ be given a chance to be interviewed in October as well, even though the cut-off number said 500?
1. You’re really asking this after reading and acknowledging my answer to the previous question?

2. No, no-one with a CN above the cut off will be scheduled for interview in a particular month.

“DS260 processed“ email is received,
Sorry for taking this phrase out of context but I have a question about this "DS260 processed" email. Is it true that not all people receive it when the DS260 gets processed? For example I didn't receive it, then decided to contact KCC and they replied with "Thank you for your inquiry. Records indicate you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member, and you have provided all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center.". Is the fact that I didn't receive that spontaneous email from them relevant?

Question. Once a region shows "Current" in the VB, does that mean any number can get an interview AND the order does not matter? Like, the CN does not matter anymore, just whoever sent the DS-260 first gets interviewed first?

Question. Once a region shows "Current" in the VB, does that mean any number can get an interview AND the order does not matter? Like, the CN does not matter anymore, just whoever sent the DS-260 first gets interviewed first?
Also keen to know this. I do recall BritSimon discussing this in one of his videos but can't remember exactly what he said. I guess it could work a few different ways as follows:

1. Once certain case numbers become current, the interviews become assigned for those case numbers based in order of case number (obviously only those cases which have submitted their DS260 and it has been processed).
2. The assignment of interviews for current case numbers is based on the date of DS-260 submission or processing.

Also something to keep in mind is it will also depend on which consulate you are interviewing at and how many other current cases are interviewing there not just from your region but all regions. Example is Auckland consulate will have most people interviewing there being from the Oceania region but there will also be people interviewing there from Asia, Europe, Africa regions etc. So when those people are current for their region they also go in the queue for an interview at that consulate.

Kind of, but remember any “pattern” in these is really only going to apply to a particular consulate. Say A submitted DS in June and B submitted in July, but A is at a busy embassy and B isn’t, B could easily have an interview date before A.

Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check the website . If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock

What does this mean?

Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check the website . If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock

What does this mean?
Sounds like your case number is current and you can expect an interview notice soon. Just like it says.

Hello,
I was selected in DV2023 lottery. I have a question about police certificates, it's not very clear the meaning of this sentence for me:

Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.

I am italian citizen.
I got a police certificate on April 2020.
I moved to czech republic on February 2022.
you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued: I lived there for about 21 months since the certificate was issued, I returned for vacations or visiting friends/family do I need a new certificate from Italy?

Hello,
I was selected in DV2023 lottery. I have a question about police certificates, it's not very clear the meaning of this sentence for me:

Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.

I am italian citizen.
I got a police certificate on April 2020.
I moved to czech republic on February 2022.
you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued: I lived there for about 21 months since the certificate was issued, I returned for vacations or visiting friends/family do I need a new certificate from Italy?
Yes you will need to get a new PCC.

Yes you will need to get a new PCC.
A follow-on question on the Police clearance certificate. If a country's police clearance has a six-month expiry, and one doesn't get an interview before that expiry, does one need to get a new police clearance certificate, even though the embassy says the police clearance certificate is valid for one year (the one year part is based on hearsay, I didn't find it on the DoS or embassy websites)

A follow-on question on the Police clearance certificate. If a country's police clearance has a six-month expiry, and one doesn't get an interview before that expiry, does one need to get a new police clearance certificate, even though the embassy says the police clearance certificate is valid for one year (the one year part is based on hearsay, I didn't find it on the DoS or embassy websites)
No , police certificates for Dept of state purposes are valid for two years regardless what the individual country expiry may be. The 2 year expiry is clearly stated in the section on police certificates for selectees, you don’t need incorrect hearsay. https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html