• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
DV-2023 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through this official link starting at noon (EDT) on May 7, 2022. The DV-2023 registration period opened on Oct 6. 2021, and closed on Nov. 9, 2021.

Congratulations DV 2023 Selectees! This Thread has been created specifically for you all to use in sharing the good news about your selection and to ask questions about what your selection means, next steps, processing, etc.

CAUTION:
Please do not litter this thread with countdown messages, non-selection or other similar matters - feel free to create a new thread (if none currently exists) for those. Non conforming posts will be deleted

DV-2023 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 7, 2022.
The DV-2023 registration period opens on October 6, 2021, and closes on November 9, 2021.

hello fellas
good news
youbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :)and then sad I did made mistake on my mother middle name . is there any hope . my mother won the lottery and she is in African the number is 26XXX . the error is the middle is repeated twice but the form that I did made copies is correct with correct information for passport

any chance that I could start the process or she will be ok to go and second my dad has PHD and experience.is he will complete his

hello fellas
good news
youbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :)and then sad I did made mistake on my mother middle name . is there any hope . my mother won the lottery and she is in African the number is 26XXX . the error is the middle is repeated twice but the form that I did made copies is correct with correct information for passport
Congratulations on your mother’s selection. The mistake with the middle name shouldn’t be an issue. Just make sure you carefully and correctly fill out the DS260 form before submitting it.

any chance that I could start the process or she will be ok to go and second my dad has PHD and experience.is he will complete his
The question in the first part of your post is not quite clear. Your dad’s educational qualifications or work experience has no bearing on your mother’s selection. Your mother as the selectee is the one that needs to meet the educational or work experience requirement.

A friend was selected AFXXXX. However, he had previously been petitioned for by his brother...which is still in the process, possibly to happen in 15 years time :(

So my question is, can my friend withdraw his petition? If he does, will he get a refund from USCIS?

A friend was selected AFXXXX. However, he had previously been petitioned for by his brother...which is still in the process, possibly to happen in 15 years time :(

So my question is, can my friend withdraw his petition? If he does, will he get a refund from USCIS?
No refunds. I would not withdraw the existing petition, nothing is guaranteed in DV. Best to keep the existing petition as a backup.

The question in the first part of your post is not quite clear. Your dad’s educational qualifications or work experience has no bearing on your mother’s selection. Your mother as the selectee is the one that needs to meet the educational or work experience requirement.
Sorry for the confusion my mom she don't have highe school but she does have work experience while ago and now she does do that job . what other options I can give her as job qualified.

Sorry for the confusion my mom she don't have highe school but she does have work experience while ago and now she does do that job . what other options I can give her as job qualified.
What is “a while ago“ and what kind of work? The work experience needs to match what is required for DV:

per the instructions:
two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.”

The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) O*Net OnLine database to determine qualifying work experience. The O*Net OnLine database categorizes job experience into five “job zones.” While the DOL website lists many occupations, not all occupations qualify for the DV program. To qualify for a DV on the basis of your work experience, you must have, within the past five years, two years of experience in an occupation classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.
If you do not meet the requirements for education or work experience, you will be ineligible for a DV, and your spouse and children will be ineligible for derivative DVs.
7. How can I find the qualifying DV occupations in the Department of Labor’s O*Net OnLine database?

When you are in O*Net OnLine, follow these steps to determine if your occupation qualifies:
1. Under “Find Occupations,” select “Job Family” from the pull down menu;
2. Browse by “Job Family,” make your selection, and click “GO”;
3. Click on the link for your specific occupation; and
4. Select the tab “Job Zone” to find the designated Job Zone number and Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating range.
As an example, select Aerospace Engineers. At the bottom of the Summary Report for Aerospace Engineers, under the Job Zone section, you will find the designated Job Zone 4, SVP Range, 7.0 to < 8.0. Using this example, Aerospace Engineering is a qualifying occupation.
For additional information, see the Diversity Visa – List of Occupations webpage.

Congratulations for those who won the DV this year. I've two friends that won the dv this and there case numbers are 2023AF00056xxx and 2023AF00019xxx. I'm helping these guys and I've two questions
1. Does the guy with the case number 56xxx has any chance to get an interview? He will submit his DS-260 form as soon as possible?
2. These guys are from Somalia, and there's no US embassy in Somalia, so their case POST is Kenya. But they will have difficult of going to Kenya and they would like to change the interview location to Djibouti which easy for them to get visas and travel to. So Is there any problem if they change to interview location to Djibouti.

Appreciate your help.

I have been selected for 2023DV OC16XX which is really exciting!

I have a question, I need some clarity on -
My partner didn't win unfortunately, we have been together for 6+ years now and wants to join and move together of course. We are fine to get married but unsure when we would need to be married by, Should I wait and get married prior to my initial DS260 form or do I submit and then involve my partner at a later stage?
Also, does it matter if we are getting married in a different country than birth country?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Congratulations for those who won the DV this year. I've two friends that won the dv this and there case numbers are 2023AF00056xxx and 2023AF00019xxx. I'm helping these guys and I've two questions
1. Does the guy with the case number 56xxx has any chance to get an interview? He will submit his DS-260 form as soon as possible?
2. These guys are from Somalia, and there's no US embassy in Somalia, so their case POST is Kenya. But they will have difficult of going to Kenya and they would like to change the interview location to Djibouti which easy for them to get visas and travel to. So Is there any problem if they change to interview location to Djibouti.

Appreciate your help.
1. I don’t think anyone can correctly guess if a selectee’s CN is high or not at this time in particular considering the results just got released and we have no idea as to the overall number of people selected.
2. KCC usually schedule the interview location based on the current residential address listed on the DS260 regardless of what a selectee may prefer or may have selected on the form. If the Djibouti embassy is not typically assigned to Somali selectees living in Somalia, they will be required to demonstrate some form of connection to Djibouti when requesting KCC schedule their interview with that embassy.

I have been selected for 2023DV OC16XX which is really exciting!

I have a question, I need some clarity on -
My partner didn't win unfortunately, we have been together for 6+ years now and wants to join and move together of course. We are fine to get married but unsure when we would need to be married by, Should I wait and get married prior to my initial DS260 form or do I submit and then involve my partner at a later stage?
Also, does it matter if we are getting married in a different country than birth country?

Thanks for your help!! :)
1. You can go ahead and submit your DS260 as single. After you get married, you’ll request the form to be unlocked to enable add your spouse at that point - you want to do this before you’re scheduled for your interview of course.
2. It doesn’t matter, where you get married makes no difference.

Hello! we won the lottery for the first time!!
Congratulations to all winners!
but not without problems(((((
we are from Belarus, and the US consulate for the interview is in Poland. Poland needs a Schengen visa, and for her a new passport (not older than 10 years). Those the applicant's passport meets the criteria of the lottery, but it needs to be changed. Is it better to immediately change and indicate this in the ds 260 questionnaire? plus a letter with explanations and scans of an old passport?

Hello! we won the lottery for the first time!!
Congratulations to all winners!
but not without problems(((((
we are from Belarus, and the US consulate for the interview is in Poland. Poland needs a Schengen visa, and for her a new passport (not older than 10 years). Those the applicant's passport meets the criteria of the lottery, but it needs to be changed. Is it better to immediately change and indicate this in the ds 260 questionnaire? plus a letter with explanations and scans of an old passport?
If the current passport has not yet expired, it can still be used in submitting the DS260. She can subsequently renew the passport after that to ensure she has a valid passport as at the time of the interview.

If the current passport has not yet expired, it can still be used in submitting the DS260. She can subsequently renew the passport after that to ensure she has a valid passport as at the time of the interview.
Thank you
We scare, that the new passport at the interview will bring up questions and rejection

Thank you
We scare, that the new passport at the interview will bring up questions and rejection
As long as you have proof that the passport you entered with was valid at the time of entry it will be fine. This is addressed in the instructions, see extract below. Ideally if you are able to keep your old passport do so, but not all countries allow this, so at the least make a photocopy of the bio pages ( you may even want to get it notarized as a true copy to be extra safe).

13. What if my passport expires, or I lose it before I apply for a visa?

If your passport number changes for any reason, you will have to provide evidence of why it has changed to KCC) before they will schedule your DV interview. If you enter a false, inaccurate, or invalid passport number on your DV entry, you will be ineligible for a DV. We suggest you make a legible photocopy of the passport you use for the entry and store it in a secure locationwith your entry confirmation number (FAQ #27). A photocopy alone is not proof you entered a valid passport number on your entry, but it can help you explain the situation. The final determination is made by the Consular Officer at the time of your DV interview.

Maybe you could advise about the following:
I have been living in Poland fro 4 years now and I'm from Egypt, do I need to have a police certificate from Egypt even thou I haven't been living there for the past 7~8 years only occasional visits to family every couple of years none was longer than 3 weeks.

Maybe you could advise about the following:
I have been living in Poland fro 4 years now and I'm from Egypt, do I need to have a police certificate from Egypt even thou I haven't been living there for the past 7~8 years only occasional visits to family every couple of years none was longer than 3 weeks.
Yes you do. For your own sake though, I recommend you carefully go through your selectee notification letter and click on all the links there to ensure you’re adequately prepared for your interview when the time comes. One of those links (shown below) has more information with regards to the PCC and other information you need to be aware of.