• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello there!

My husband and I have been selected!
We are super excited, but there are some nuances.
Our office is Warsaw, but we have recently moved to Canada and would like to change it to Montreal.
Does somebody know how Montreal consulate works nowadays?
Is it worth to “switch” the office by selecting Montreal in our DS?

Hello there!

My husband and I have been selected!
We are super excited, but there are some nuances.
Our office is Warsaw, but we have recently moved to Canada and would like to change it to Montreal.
Does somebody know how Montreal consulate works nowadays?
Is it worth to “switch” the office by selecting Montreal in our DS?
When you fill out your DS260 with your current address, they will default to assigning you the closest office to that anyway. it makes sense to “choose” Montreal with that too - assuming of course you’ll still be there by the time your interview date happens. (If you decide to keep Warsaw you’ll need to list an address there, and bear in mind you’d have to do your medical there as well. )

Hi Sm 1smom,

I am a previous DV winner (2019 AOS) and this forum helped me immensely.

I have few questions regarding my cousin sister who is a DV2023 winner. She currently resided in Sri Lanka and her case number is AS00005***. According to the historical visa bulletin we expect her case number to be current in November- December 2022 or early 2023.

1) She has been offered a studentship in an Australian University. So she is currently in the process of migrating there. Is it ok for her to file DS260 right now while she is in Sri Lanka then submit rest of the documents when she is in Australia and come back to Sri Lanka to attend her interview?

2) When she files her DS260, she is planning to include my address (USA) as the sponsor address. Is ok to put my address the the GC card receiving address?

Thank you

Lak8

Hi Sm 1smom,

I am a previous DV winner (2019 AOS) and this forum helped me immensely.

I have few questions regarding my cousin sister who is a DV2023 winner. She currently resided in Sri Lanka and her case number is AS00005***. According to the historical visa bulletin we expect her case number to be current in November- December 2022 or early 2023.

1) She has been offered a studentship in an Australian University. So she is currently in the process of migrating there. Is it ok for her to file DS260 right now while she is in Sri Lanka then submit rest of the documents when she is in Australia and come back to Sri Lanka to attend her interview?

2) When she files her DS260, she is planning to include my address (USA) as the sponsor address. Is ok to put my address the the GC card receiving address?

Thank you

Lak8
1. Yes she can submit her DS260 form right now while still in Sri Lanka.
2. Not a problem.

1. Yes she can submit her DS260 form right now while still in Sri Lanka.
2. Not a problem.
Thank you mom.

Also, she plans to marry her boy friend when she visits Australia. Is it ok to include his information later during the documentation process? What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you mom.

Also, she plans to marry her boy friend when she visits Australia. Is it ok to include his information later during the documentation process? What are your thoughts on this?
The document submission step got canceled back in December, I’m not sure that will be required again, so I don’t quite understand what you keep referring to as the documentation process. Your cousin can get married after submitting her DS260 form, she however will need to get the form unlocked by KCC in order to add a spouse, and she’ll need to do this before she gets scheduled for her interview. Time will be of essence with her plan.

Hey Simon,

2023 OC4** here - you’ve assisted me on your blog (thank you, again).

I do have a couple of clarifying questions. Note, I have not yet completed the DS-260:

1. I’ll be filling the DS-260 as ‘unmarried’ but then will get married after submission but before the interview is scheduled, as per your suggestion. How LATE (approx. month) can we feasibly postpone marriage (as we are currently travelling)? Would this be anytime before October (when first interviews occur) or would this potentially be BEFORE say June, when the visa bulletin comes out?

2. I’ve been posted to Sydney but the US Consulate looks like it isn’t processing visa services. I’ve issues around this on other threads, and that Suva is an option. Would it be wise to select Suva as the post in the DS form? Note, I do not have a Fijian address or contacts. I can easily fly there for the medical etc, however.

Thanks in advance!

I won 4th time trying!! CN60k historically what are the chances of getting an interview. I am South African and historically looks like they send 500 to 1k each year. Any insight would be great , I’m so tired of googling and trying to understand. Thank you for these forums.

I won 4th time trying!! CN60k historically what are the chances of getting an interview. I am South African and historically looks like they send 500 to 1k each year. Any insight would be great , I’m so tired of googling and trying to understand. Thank you for these forums.
Depends on the VB progress - historically 60k has been fine for AF but tends to be near the end of the fiscal year. Johannesburg does not have a lot of DV or immigrant visa applicants so (in a normal, non covid affected) year you should get an interview pretty soon once you’re current.

Also given current /perpetual situation at home affairs - if you do not already have computer printed copies of long-form birth certificates, and marriage certificates if applicable, apply for them now. Someone on another forum has been waiting 5 months already.

Depends on the VB progress - historically 60k has been fine for AF but tends to be near the end of the fiscal year. Johannesburg does not have a lot of DV or immigrant visa applicants so (in a normal, non covid affected) year you should get an interview pretty soon once you’re current.

Also given current /perpetual situation at home affairs - if you do not already have computer printed copies of long-form birth certificates, and marriage certificates if applicable, apply for them now. Someone on another forum has been waiting 5 months already.
Thank you for your fast response. Long form birth certificate with dad on, mom on (maiden surname) I am unmarried no children. My sister just immigrated to the US under a work permit she was saying unabridged certificate. On another note she has been there for 4 months special skills I put her US address on the DS form for the address I will be going to if I get a green card, will this in any way endanger her and her immigrant status?DS form took 10 hrs to fill in! Crazy!!

Thank you for your fast response. Long form birth certificate with dad on, mom on (maiden surname) I am unmarried no children. My sister just immigrated to the US under a work permit she was saying unabridged certificate. On another note she has been there for 4 months special skills I put her US address on the DS form for the address I will be going to if I get a green card, will this in any way endanger her and her immigrant status?DS form took 10 hrs to fill in! Crazy!!
What is VB progress?

Unabridged and long form are the same thing.
Your sister has either immigrated to the US (which means she has a green card) or she is on a work permit - the latter is non immigrant. No, it shouldn’t affect her status as long as she is and remains in legal status, whichever status she is actually on.

VB is visa bulletin. See this Video for an explainer

The long birth certificate is the original form 1988 I was born in 1981 computer printed but fillled in with pen on the dotted lines. Thank you for your time. Appreciate!!
Get a fully computer printed copy. You want one that looks like this

1652128212630.png

Yes you do. For your own sake though, I recommend you carefully go through your selectee notification letter and click on all the links there to ensure you’re adequately prepared for your interview when the time comes. One of those links (shown below) has more information with regards to the PCC and other information you need to be aware of.
Thank you for your response. I got another question I may be a little worried about the public charge part and I'd like to understand what are the minimum required as a proof of one not being a public charge, financially speaking? Also would a car be considered as an asset?

Hi all. Looking at the data for previous years and trying to understand what CURRENT mean in bulletin. Does anyone know? Thanks.

But does that mean that they still have visas for the region that has CURRENT in the bulletin table? Do I understand right that when it's CURRENT, even selectees with high case numbers have a chance to get visa?

olilio

yes, when it's current, even highest numbers have a chance to get the visa.

In a normal year visa bulletin goes current if KCC estimates that there are enough visas for everyone.

DV2020, DV2021 and DV2022 went current really early but for different reasons, those were unusual fiscal years.