• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

The POE is the last opportunity to update the address where the GC gets sent to. You do not need to stay at your relative’s home, but your GC can be sent over there. The listed address is mainly for the purpose of where the GC gets sent, and not necessarily where you will be residing. Your relative should be able to forward the GC to you after it gets delivered to them
Not exactly, a credit check is when they run your SSN to see if there is bad credit on your record/what your credit score is. Most new immigrants don’t have a US credit score (if you have an existing amex card from certain countries you may be able to show some credit record), so you may need to find a landlord who will accept an alternative method. There is a limit by law in some states regarding the deposit they can take; our landlord was used to people with no credit record as we are near a university where a lot of visiting academics rent for a year or so, so they just asked to see a bank account with (if I recall correctly) 6 months’ worth of rent.
Thanks a lot to both of you for your precious answers! Have a nice day/evening :)

Yes, I did read the DV entry instructions. There is an official annotations page in my passport that may be used for such a reason, at least that's what I have in my current passport (This passport was issued as a replacement of passport No. ******* issuing authority **, Issuing Date **) So if I could get such annotation, that would suffice?
Probably, though if it were me I would also follow the suggestion in the instructions
We suggest you make a legible photocopy of the passport you use for the entry“
seeing as for most people it is not a big hardship to do so.

Probably, though if it were me I would also follow the suggestion in the instructions
We suggest you make a legible photocopy of the passport you use for the entry“
seeing as for most people it is not a big hardship to do so.
Thank you, Susie for your help!:)

Dear Sir,
I was born in the Kuwait and currently residing in the Qatar . I submitted that the foreign state chargeability is Qatar by mistake. I corrected this mistake in DS 260 in country of birth question . Will I be rejected by the consular, knowing that the two countries on Asia and my case number is AS ?

Thanks in advance

Dear Sir,
I was born in the Kuwait and currently residing in the Qatar . I submitted that the foreign state chargeability is Qatar by mistake. I corrected this mistake in DS 260 in country of birth question . Will I be rejected by the consular, knowing that the two countries on Asia and my case number is AS ?

Thanks in advance
Please help gentleman

Dear Sir,

Thanks in advance
What you do mean by you corrected the mistake on your DS260 form with the birth country question? What did you list as your birth country on the eDV entry itself - did you list Kuwait and selected Qatar as the chargeability country, or you listed Qatar as your birth country?

What you do mean by you corrected the mistake on your DS260 form with the birth country question? What did you list as your birth country on the eDV entry itself - did you list Kuwait and selected Qatar as the chargeability country, or you listed Qatar as your birth country?
I selected Qatar as chargeability country, my birth country is Kuwait

Dear Sir,

Thanks in advance
I selected Qatar as chargeability country, my birth country is Kuwait
Anyway, just looking at this on the surface alone, I don't know if it will create an issue for you or not. A DV 2022 selectee was in a similar situation (EU CN in their case), they recently reported being approved. You can read up on it here

How much money do I have to provide when I have the interview as a single person? My friend offers me free accommodation, so I won’t be having bills to pay except food.
They will help me in finding a job and an accommodation to stay…

In DS260 under Other Email Addresses Used:
1. I have not entered my email addresses from my work. Is this a problem? I don't know why but I assumed that only private email addresses are relevant
2. I also have some email addresses xyz@mydomain.com of my own domain, which are all redirections, with which I am registered at internet stores or portals, but which I otherwise do not actively use (writing from). To avoid spam I used different redirects, because they can be easily deleted and then I don't have to change this on all platforms. For example, I have a amazon@mydomain.com address. Do these have to be specified as well?

Should I re-open the DS260 and add these email addresses (that would be about 50 addresses) and also the ones from work? Currently I have entered my two main addresses I am actively writing private mails.

How much money do I have to provide when I have the interview as a single person? My friend offers me free accommodation, so I won’t be having bills to pay except food.
They will help me in finding a job and an accommodation to stay…
Some embassies require demonstration of financial capabilities which could be by presenting a bank account with some significant savings, or by presenting an I-134 form. Some rely on the use of the host system such as what you’ve described above and often do not ask the selectee for any financial documents. It is hard to say how much you may be required to provide in this case, will your friends be providing you any document to demonstrate their commitment to support you as described above? If you can get your friend to provide you with an I-134, you’ll be better off in that case.

In DS260 under Other Email Addresses Used:
1. I have not entered my email addresses from my work. Is this a problem? I don't know why but I assumed that only private email addresses are relevant
2. I also have some email addresses xyz@mydomain.com of my own domain, which are all redirections, with which I am registered at internet stores or portals, but which I otherwise do not actively use (writing from). To avoid spam I used different redirects, because they can be easily deleted and then I don't have to change this on all platforms. For example, I have a amazon@mydomain.com address. Do these have to be specified as well?

Should I re-open the DS260 and add these email addresses (that would be about 50 addresses) and also the ones from work? Currently I have entered my two main addresses I am actively writing private mails.
I believe that section says any other email address. This does not give an exception IMO, but you should use your own discretion.

The September bulletin numbers look higher than previous September bulletins
Most countries are at 5 600, which is almost double for 2022 and other previous years. Hope this means things will move faster and smoother.

Hello ! I have a concern, during the main entrance the cyberman did not mention all my first names, he just used two instead of 4. Would that cause a disqualification? And also afterwards I wrote to the kcc to notify them of this. They just told me to be more clear and precise in the ds-260 form.
2- My birth certificate I have lost the original but I have a copy legalized by a competent authority. So with that I asked for a replenishment, that might be a problem at the interview?

j'aimeI would like to know if someone previously had an error on their translated document sent to the kcc and that caused them harm? is the error in the place where the document was made?