• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi all, I have a question about DV EU22, have you got scheduled an interview? what are the current numbers interviewed?

How long does it take to get the stamp after the interview? Someone told me before they got a stamp in 2 days. Some say it may take two weeks.

Hello, my friends. Pls, help me with a very important and urgent question
I’m the main applicant. I have the second husband and the son from my previous marriage. My husband doesn’t have native children.
When I applied for taking part at the lottery DV2022, I indicated my husband and my son like the members of my family.
After getting the information that we won the lottery, we filled out the application DS260 and sent it to KCC
Yesterday I received the invitation for the interview.
I printed out our forms DS260 and found out that my husband didn’t mention my son at his application. He wrote that he didn’t have children.
As far as I know he had to mention my son at his application and it’s very hard mistake. Now we may be disqualified.
The question is - if there is any opportunity to save the situation and how can we manage this?
* when we applied for taking part at the lottery (October 2020) my son was 20 years old. When we filled out the all DS260 (October 2021) he was 21 years old. Now he is 22.

Pls, help us

Hello, my friends. Pls, help me with a very important and urgent question
I’m the main applicant. I have the second husband and the son from my previous marriage. My husband doesn’t have native children.
When I applied for taking part at the lottery DV2022, I indicated my husband and my son like the members of my family.
After getting the information that we won the lottery, we filled out the application DS260 and sent it to KCC
Yesterday I received the invitation for the interview.
I printed out our forms DS260 and found out that my husband didn’t mention my son at his application. He wrote that he didn’t have children.
As far as I know he had to mention my son at his application and it’s very hard mistake. Now we may be disqualified.
The question is - if there is any opportunity to save the situation and how can we manage this?
* when we applied for taking part at the lottery (October 2020) my son was 20 years old. When we filled out the all DS260 (October 2021) he was 21 years old. Now he is 22.

Pls, help us
Yes your husband needs to list your son on his DS260 form also. He can update the form at the embassy when you guys go for the interview.

Yes your husband needs to list your son on his DS260 form also. He can update the form at the embassy when you guys go for the interview.
Thank you so much. Of course, he’ll do this.
Do you know the common practice - if people do such important changes at the last moment - how often they are disqualified for wrong datas at the initial form?
And isn’t reasonable to write to the consulate in advance, explain the situation and ask for their advice?

Thank you so much. Of course, he’ll do this.
Do you know the common practice - if people do such important changes at the last moment - how often they are disqualified for wrong datas at the initial form?
And isn’t reasonable to write to the consulate in advance, explain the situation and ask for their advice?
Your case will not get disqualified for this. Your husband is not the main selectee, you are and you listed your son on your initial entry - Failure to list on the initial entry is what leads to disqualification, not failure to list on the DS260 form which can be corrected at the interview like I already told you to do. This is a minor error on your husband’s form. You however can write the embassy for advice if you like.

The last question, pls

I’m the main applicant.
I have 2 previous marriages.

When I filled out my form DS260 I didn’t specified my first husband . We were married only 2 months, it was more than 25 years ago, the documents about this marriage were lost and I didn’t even remember the dates of our wedding and divorce . And I decided that this information was not important.
But know when I got the invitation to the interview I think that I was wrong and I had to specify my first husband in my application form in any case.
So, what can you advise me to do now? If I change my application form when I come to the interview. Will it be regarded as a serious mistake? Can the consul disqualify our case because of this?
Or maybe the marriage that finished 25 years ago isn’t really important and it’s possible not to mention it?

The last question, pls

I’m the main applicant.
I have 2 previous marriages.

When I filled out my form DS260 I didn’t specified my first husband . We were married only 2 months, it was more than 25 years ago, the documents about this marriage were lost and I didn’t even remember the dates of our wedding and divorce . And I decided that this information was not important.
But know when I got the invitation to the interview I think that I was wrong and I had to specify my first husband in my application form in any case.
So, what can you advise me to do now? If I change my application form when I come to the interview. Will it be regarded as a serious mistake? Can the consul disqualify our case because of this?
Or maybe the marriage that finished 25 years ago isn’t really important and it’s possible not to mention it?
It doesn’t matter how long ago the marriage was or how short it lasted for, you were (and are) required to provide that information. It is very important to disclose all information as required regardless of the outcome of such disclosure. I don’t think updating your form with this information can lead to a denial, what can lead to a denial for you is if the embassy discovers this information on their own as part of your background check. Since you and your husband now have previously withheld information to disclose, (more than one), you should contact the embassy to see if they will unlock your DS260 forms in order for you guys to update your information. If they say they cannot unlock the forms, then you’ll have to update at your information (and you’ll have a record of having tried to update the forms before your interview to show you tried to make the necessary corrections).

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we had our visa interview in STK on April 14th and finally had our visas issued yesterday! (Our medical records were delayed by two weeks, even though we did them three weeks in advance...)

The wrong country of chargeability was not an issue, I explained that it was an honest mistake and they saw that it was within the same region (EU). We were super relieved!! :) .. The OC was much more interested in our marriage and had several questions about that, even though we were married before initial selection. Other than that, just the regular questions.

Thank you for your help and guidance everyone!!

Best,

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we had our visa interview in STK on April 14th and finally had our visas issued yesterday! (Our medical records were delayed by two weeks, even though we did them three weeks in advance...)

The wrong country of chargeability was not an issue, I explained that it was an honest mistake and they saw that it was within the same region (EU). We were super relieved!! :) .. The OC was much more interested in our marriage and had several questions about that, even though we were married before initial selection. Other than that, just the regular questions.

Best,
Hi,

Could you please tell what questions you have been asked about your marriage and where did you have interview? Thank you!

Hi,

Could you please tell what questions you have been asked about your marriage and where did you have interview? Thank you!
Hey, we had our interview at STK (Sweden)... Asked about the regular stuff:

1. How long had we been together, when did we start dating before we got into a relationship!
2. Marriage date/place.
3. I think the CO was curious because she could see that we had been in a long distance relationship for a couple of years. I explained that we had continued to visit each other as much as we could.

We did prepare photos, but they didn't ask.

Hi all,

Best,
Congratulations and thanks for the update. Did you respond to the email they sent you about the wrong chargeability country prior to your interview or you just waited until your interview date to explain the issue?

Congratulations and thanks for the update. Did you respond to the email they sent you about the wrong chargeability country prior to your interview or you just waited until your interview date to explain the issue?
Thank you!! Yes I did, I chose to send a photo of my other passport to show them that it falls under the same region. They did not respond to the email, which was nerve-racking for a whole month. :D ... And then explained the mistake in the interview.

Thank you!! Yes I did, I chose to send a photo of my other passport to show them that it falls under the same region. They did not respond to the email, which was nerve-racking for a whole month. :D ... And then explained the mistake in the interview.
Nice trick :)

Hey, we had our interview at STK (Sweden)... Asked about the regular stuff:

1. How long had we been together, when did we start dating before we got into a relationship!
2. Marriage date/place.
3. I think the CO was curious because she could see that we had been in a long distance relationship for a couple of years. I explained that we had continued to visit each other as much as we could.

We did prepare photos, but they didn't ask.
Thank you:)

MY CN IS AF13*** I MADE CHANGES ON THE ADDRESS AND PLACES I WORKED AND I RESUBMITTED MY DS260 9 November 2021 when should i expect my 2NL

MY CN IS AF13*** MY INTERVIEW LOCATION IS GHANA BUT I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE IT TO NIGERIA SINCE THEY DONT PART TAKE IN THE DV LOTTERY BECAUSE MY EMBASSY IS WORKING VERY SLOW ANY ADVISE ON WHETHER TO CHANGE IT OR NOT

Hi everyone, I sent an email to KCC for an update on my DS260 submitted on June 9th. However, it seems to not have been processed yet:

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Once the Kentucky Consular Center has finished processing your DS-260, you will receive an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing.

Interviews for the DV 2022 program will begin in October 2021 and will conclude on September 30, 2022.

What should I do to expedite this? It’s been 10 months :(

Or do I just keep waiting ?

Thank you