• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello everyone,

I emailed KCC on 12 March 2022 and their reply says that my case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, I will receive notification via email. However, I have not received 2NL yet, since that date.
I am wondering whether it is worth it to wait 2NL till June or to do AOS since I have F1(OPT) visa to enter the U.S.?
But in case of AOS, I am afraid that IO can ask me whether I decided to enter the US to do AOS, since my visa is not dual-intent visa.

All information about my case you will find below

Thanks

Case Number : 2022EU19XXX
DS260 submission : 25 May 2021
Document Request : 11 November 2021
Document Sent : 11 November 2021
Embassy location: Almaty(ATA)

Hello,

I got my passport last week and will be flying to the USA soon but I still don’t have a job there. My plan is to find a job asap but in the meantime, I will not be covered by any insurance. Has any of you been in this situation before? Do you have any suggestions on insurance companies?

Would a travel insurance work on this case until I find a job?

Any comments and ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I have a quick question.
My American friend is writing my financial support document, which is an I-134
or some other document?

Thank you for your support.

We were interviewed yesterday, April 26, we are family of two husband and wife. It passed very quickly in less than 5 minutes, the questions were mostly to the main applicant:
1. Which year did you finish high school?
2. Do you have relatives in the United States and what does the person we mentioned in DS-260 do?
3. What we both work now and what work we will do there
4. When we got married, because it was after the results
5. Did we get married because of the green card?
6. How long have we been together
7. Have we been to the United States before, we were on WorkAndTravel programs, the consular asks us if we went together
We brought extra photos together before marriage, from the wedding and after the marriage.
I wish good luck to all !!!

CN EU31xx
Ds-260 date 8th of July

We were interviewed yesterday, April 26, we are family of two husband and wife. It passed very quickly in less than 5 minutes, the questions were mostly to the main applicant:
1. Which year did you finish high school?
2. Do you have relatives in the United States and what does the person we mentioned in DS-260 do?
3. What we both work now and what work we will do there
4. When we got married, because it was after the results
5. Did we get married because of the green card?
6. How long have we been together
7. Have we been to the United States before, we were on WorkAndTravel programs, the consular asks us if we went together
We brought extra photos together before marriage, from the wedding and after the marriage.
I wish good luck to all !!!

CN EU31xx
Ds-260 date 8th of July
Hi, Did you get document submission request or you got the 2NL directly.?

Hello,

I got my passport last week and will be flying to the USA soon but I still don’t have a job there. My plan is to find a job asap but in the meantime, I will not be covered by any insurance. Has any of you been in this situation before? Do you have any suggestions on insurance companies?

Would a travel insurance work on this case until I find a job?

Any comments and ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Visit Simon’s blog and read up on the various articles he’s written about insurance coverage. Typing in “medical insurance” in the search engine of his blog should bring up some of those articles.

hello

I submitted the DS-260 in June 2021 and I re-opened it in Nov 2021 to perform some modifications on it.
I got the 2NL today(April 28), with the interview scheduled for June 2.

I hope everything goes fine.
I wish everyone good luck and I want to thank everyone on this forum for the very valuable information and especially to @Sm1smom for helping me and so many more people with answers.

hello

I submitted the DS-260 in June 2021 and I re-opened it in Nov 2021 to perform some modifications on it.
I got the 2NL today(April 28), with the interview scheduled for June 2.

I hope everything goes fine.
I wish everyone good luck and I want to thank everyone on this forum for the very valuable information and especially to @Sm1smom for helping me and so many more people with answers.
Thanks for the update (and shout-out). All the best with your upcoming interview.

Hi, it CN IS READY means that already 2nl is send to the selectee or is still waiting in queue for the embassy to accept. If it means already interview date is fixed then why so many CN 's r READY STATUS for such a long time ...

Please advise…

AS26XXX

DS260 completed since June 9th last year but emails from KCC says that it’s still “Processing”. I never reopened the DS260.

Can’t call KCC, the automated line just hangs up. Emailed them and the response is always the same that it’s “Processing”.

It’s coming up to 11 months. What should I do. Have I fallen through the cracks?

Please advise…

AS26XXX

DS260 completed since June 9th last year but emails from KCC says that it’s still “Processing”. I never reopened the DS260.

Can’t call KCC, the automated line just hangs up. Emailed them and the response is always the same that it’s “Processing”.

It’s coming up to 11 months. What should I do. Have I fallen through the cracks?
You just need to remain patient at this point for the 2NL to show up (assuming you're not chargeable to Nepal and your embassy is currently processing DV cases).

Hello,
I mentioned this earlier but still quite confused, we have interview in mid June, have letter from KCC that shows the date/time. Tried to register online but have feeling that process online looks like for a people who wants to be interviewed without appointments scheduled yet, weird questions etc. Is it must be registered somewhere or just to visit Embassy with Medical examination package, full all documents and interview date print out? As for a Visa fees it must be paid at Embassy/Consulate only, right? Not online or somewhere else.
Thank you

Hello all.

My case update, Issued in Bogota

Questions asked:
-How did you both met (my wife and I)
-What is going to be your future work in USA
-Are you planning to have children
-Which city is your future city in USA

No more than 5 minutes the interview for my wife and I in the same window.

Regards

Question regarding Sponsor for I-134.
On the Immigration website, information that on 4/25/2022 new I-134 form comes out which will be used AFTER 06/27/2022, So if an interview before that date needs to use OLD form with an expiration date of 02/28/2021 ?
Having a hard time finding old forms online, is it Ok to use New Edition?

Hi,

EU21XXX

I received an email today from noreply@state.gov saying
"You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at XXX. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing."

Apparently that means that interview is scheduled? But when I login and check there are no new updates. Does anyone know what are the next steps? Where to check?

When I check on KKC it says "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center"

Thanks!

Last edited: