• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Can someone please confirm what date the 1-year out of the US requirement starts when leaving a US port as a permanent resident?

I entered the US on 17 Jan 2023 and need to return home on 12 April 2023. Does is commence on 12 April or 17 Jan?

Can someone please confirm what date the 1-year out of the US requirement starts when leaving a US port as a permanent resident?

I entered the US on 17 Jan 2023 and need to return home on 12 April 2023. Does is commence on 12 April or 17 Jan?
Not sure what you mean by the “date requirement” as there’s no such thing. If you leave the US on 4/12 with the mind of staying away for one year, your countdown clock starts on 4/13 following your departure on 4/12. If you’re asking about the one year validity of your endorsed IV, it starts from 1/17 when you were admitted as a LPR.

Sorry, I mean when does the time start once you leave the country as a LPR. But thanks, you answered my question.

Speaking of the endorsed IV validity, what happens after the one year has passed?

Hello Everyone here,

I hope this is the right platform to raise my issue

1. I am a parmanent resident and applying for my spouse to join me and wondering if the form I-130A is filled through my online USCIS a count. Or w we rather download the form, fill it in black ink and attach it as any document

3. Regarding financial support, do I use form I-864 as an affidavit of support or we use form I-134

Thanks all for the continued responses and feedback.

Hie my friend needs some advice. She came to US last year in October, but she left her children back home (7years and 1year) because she wanted to settle in first before her children can come. The children's visas expire on 22 February 2023. Whilst on her way back home to collect the kids she collapsed whilst she was in transit in Qatar and she was admitted into hospital the docter said its not safe to travel because she is still not well. Is it possible for her to travel with the kids even when the visas expire provided she can give proof that she was hospitalised. Or is they any other option she can take so that the kids will not lose their visas
Following up on this case. How did your friend resolve this issue?

Following up on this case. How did your friend resolve this issue?
The hospital in Qatar asked her to sign consent forms that they will not be liable if she leaves the hospital, so she went and collected her children she managed to enter into the US a day before the visas expired. When you have the will power l guess it just works out against all odds. She seems to be recovering well. Thank you

The hospital in Qatar asked her to sign consent forms that they will not be liable if she leaves the hospital, so she went and collected her children she managed to enter into the US a day before the visas expired. When you have the will power l guess it just works out against all odds. She seems to be recovering well. Thank you
Thanks for the update. Good to know they made it through.

I am actually in a similar situation.
In my country, when I was 18yo, the military service was compulsory for all males.
However, you could postpone for college/university for study, family or medical issues; eventually at 26yo, you could serve or be exonerated (e.g. if the family or medical issues were still applicable). That was my case.

So, into the DS260, at the question if I had ever served in a military service, the answer was no, as I have never served.
When I sent the docs I did not include the exoneration papers, as they would just create unnecessary confusion.
KCC is not familiar with all military recruitment laws in the rest of the world. They expect the documents as per the reciprocity docs page and consistently with the DS260 answers.

However, CO is expected to be familiar with the local military draft rules, so I will just bring my exoneration papers at the interview and show them if requested.
So, I suggest you should obtain your discharge/exoneration military ticket from your country's military authority, and have it ready for the interview at the embassy, should they enquire about it.
hi Guma, I am in a similar situation as well.. The military station (Kazakhstan) withheld my military registration ticket because I was studying in US. I graduated 4 years ago and stayed in US with a working visa. I want to do consular processing but was wondering if they will accept my handwritten receipt from the military that they have my registration ticket in 2017. There it says that I was exempted from the military for the duration of my study. Do you think the consular will accept it? It is risky for me to go to the military to get the actual registration ticket because they might take me to the army with no question.

hi Guma, I am in a similar situation as well.. The military station (Kazakhstan) withheld my military registration ticket because I was studying in US. I graduated 4 years ago and stayed in US with a working visa. I want to do consular processing but was wondering if they will accept my handwritten receipt from the military that they have my registration ticket in 2017. There it says that I was exempted from the military for the duration of my study. Do you think the consular will accept it? It is risky for me to go to the military to get the actual registration ticket because they might take me to the army with no question.
Unfortunately I am not sure how does it work in Kazakhstan, Sove.

I have already told you clearly what to do, and you watched the video that showed you how to discover your DOB was wrong, and in that video I explained what you had to do to fix it.

Please don't repost all the things you have said (and I have answered), it just confuses things.

This won't just magically fix itself. You have to ask KCC and of course they will only respond to you if you give them the DOB they associate with your case (the wrong one).

Stop saying "please help me", you have what you need, now you have to apply what you have been told to help yourself. You can do it.
I have exactly the same problem(Unable to access the form due to wrong date of birth) after the emails I sent, they gave me this answer: (
The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department. In the future, please send your required documents)

But after sending an email to KCC document, they give me this answer :
The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) has received your email. Review of documents prior to scheduling an appointment has been halted for the DV-2023 program year.
What is the solution to this problem, why does no one really know exactly?

Hi Friends, Need advise. I have a myuscis account already created last year. But it does not show any account number. I want to change my address through the account, but there is no option for AR-11 in the forms given there. How do I change address through my account? I also need the account number to sponsor my child and that form also asks for my USCIS online account number. I tried to call USCIS, several times, but answers only questions via AI and could not reach an agent. I know I can change address on USCIS web page, but I am looking for doing it through my account. Please tell me how to get to the online account. Thank you

Hi Friends, Need advise. I have a myuscis account already created last year. But it does not show any account number. I want to change my address through the account, but there is no option for AR-11 in the forms given there. How do I change address through my account? I also need the account number to sponsor my child and that form also asks for my USCIS online account number. I tried to call USCIS, several times, but answers only questions via AI and could not reach an agent. I know I can change address on USCIS web page, but I am looking for doing it through my account. Please tell me how to get to the online account. Thank you
The USCIS account number is usually listed on the NOA received after filing an application/petition you receive from USCIS. Listing the account number on a new petition is not a must. Below is the direct Form AR11 which you can use for notifying USCIS of your address change

Hi everyone, we picked up our green cards in December last year and applied for reentry permits at the same time. It’s been almost a year since then and our REP application is still being processed.
Should we make another touch down in the US before the year is up? If we don’t, and our reentry permit happens to gets approved and we get 2 extra years to get everything sorted out, will we be fine? Anyone went through a similar experience?