• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thankyou for your reply. Is this enough to delay my application/interview through the USCIS requesting a RFE?
Hopefully not, but then again, there is nothing you can do about it, so there is no point to think about that. It either dose or dose not!

Hi,

Attended bio on 05/09. Since then, no updates ("Fingerprints taken").
Initiated expedited processing (humanitarian reasons) and received a response: "We received your request to expedite processing. However, action has already been taken on your case."

How to interpret it? (Called the USCIS already, and they could not explain. The case is still with NBC).
Thank you, I added my case to the timeline. I would be very grateful for any advice on my situation
There is about 5 to 6 Boston based cases equally waiting just like you. So my suggestion is to remain patient. The good news is 2 to 3 other cases already approved by the Boston FO got approved without an interview, so you can look forward to a similar outcome, fingers crossed.

There is about 5 to 6 Boston based cases equally waiting just like you. So my suggestion is to remain patient. The good news is 2 to 3 other cases already approved by the Boston FO got approved without an interview, so you can look forward to a similar outcome, fingers crossed.
Thank you for this information! Trying to remain hopeful.
Wishing the best of luck to all of us, waiting for the next steps.

Also, congrats to those who received good news recently!

I hired an attorney that advised to wait. That was very early in my process.
I see. You can certainly do the medical exam now. No point in waiting until it is requested. The 60 day CS signature validity period is waived until September 30th. So there’s no risk of the medical exam been deemed invalid before the end of the FY (in a worse case scenario).

Great news on our side!

We got our Green Cards and would like to thank MoM and all the contributors of this group for the priceless guidance, discussions, and updates.

For our interview, we received separate notifications with a scheduled interview of one hour each but came there at the same time.
The officer asked the principal applicant and a child to come with him and for the spouse and other children to wait.
He asked questions as filed in the I-485, my work, and my wife’s work, and started with the yes/no questions. He then asked yes/no questions to my kid about her study. The overall lasted about an hour.
Then, the officer took us out, ask for me to come back again with my wife and other children, and asked them similar questions: wife’s work, child’s study, who lives with my children, yes/no questions. The second part only lasted half an hour.

About an hour later, our status was under review, and in the evening, into Card was sent for production.

We wish all the best to those who are still finishing the process.

Thanks again, everyone!

[They might have updated their system, but] To get to talk to a representative, you can call them, then say technical assistance, then say technical assistance. let me know if this still works.
I called 1-800-375-5283 number, then requested "infopass," and the system connected me with an agent right away (well, after 40+ min waiting "in line"). I didn't know exactly what to expect, but seemed like I spoke to a Tier1 agent. In either case, they were very professional and polite, but couldn't provide me with info that I didn't know already (except for the fact that were still 80+ days till the case would be considered outside of normal processing time :D).
So, I went ahead and requested expedited review based on "humanitarian" reasons. Now in hindsight, I'm curious if that request can actually have negative unintended consequences (like, flagging my case somewhere in the system or alike). Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Great news on our side!

We got our Green Cards and would like to thank MoM and all the contributors of this group for the priceless guidance, discussions, and updates.

For our interview, we received separate notifications with a scheduled interview of one hour each but came there at the same time.
The officer asked the principal applicant and a child to come with him and for the spouse and other children to wait.
He asked questions as filed in the I-485, my work, and my wife’s work, and started with the yes/no questions. He then asked yes/no questions to my kid about her study. The overall lasted about an hour.
Then, the officer took us out, ask for me to come back again with my wife and other children, and asked them similar questions: wife’s work, child’s study, who lives with my children, yes/no questions. The second part only lasted half an hour.

About an hour later, our status was under review, and in the evening, into Card was sent for production.

We wish all the best to those who are still finishing the process.

Thanks again, everyone!
Congrats - great news! Enjoy your new life!

Seems like it's been a while since that happened. Thank you for taking the time to let us know - this is helpful and appreciated.
I'm surprised that the FO decided to question you and your partner separately. Hopefully that can be explained by his compassion (since it looks like you have at least 3 kids), and not the intension to grill you both and surface any discrepancies.

I called 1-800-375-5283 number, then requested "infopass," and the system connected me with an agent right away (well, after 40+ min waiting "in line"). I didn't what to expect, but seemed like I spoke to a Tier1 agent. They couldn't provide me with info that I didn't know already (except for the fact that were still 80+ days till the case would be considered outside of normal processing time :D).
So, I went ahead and requested expedited review based on "humanitarian" reasons. Now in hindsight, I'm curious if that request can actually have negative unintended consequences (like, flagging my case somewhere in the system or alike). Any thoughts?
I did have an expedite request that was rejected. My case was approved eventually. So, I won't be worried about that.

I did have an expedite request that was rejected. My case was approved eventually. So, I won't be worried about that.
Well, that's reassuring. BTW, does that considered a Tier2 agent call-back?
Your post does also sound like I shouldn't rely on the outcome of that request and consider other options for poking the officials.

BTW, does that considered a Tier2 agent call-back?
I don't follow. Does what considered a Tier2 agent call-back?

Your post does also sound like I shouldn't rely on the outcome of that request and consider other options for poking the officials.
I won't bet on an expedite request's outcome. DV is already a prioritized category. So, an approved expedite request shouldn't make a whole lot difference. Although, if you have also applied for an EAD card, that might be a different story. But then again, you might get lucky only for the EAD card, not the GC.

i am having this weird problem. uscis sent me my card but for some reason it says "addressee not known" and it is now returned back to uscis. how can I proceed from here?

good morning

i just received my daily update from usps informed delivery. i have something arriving soon from uscis-corbin production family. anyone knows what this could be? google tells me this is the location that manufactures green cards but i didn't attend my interview yet? (should arrive july 23, have my interview july 26)

thank you

i am having this weird problem. uscis sent me my card but for some reason it says "addressee not known" and it is now returned back to uscis. how can I proceed from here?
How and when did you find out it says address not known and it’s being returned back to USCIS?

good morning

i just received my daily update from usps informed delivery. i have something arriving soon from uscis-corbin production family. anyone knows what this could be? google tells me this is the location that manufactures green cards but i didn't attend my interview yet? (should arrive july 23, have my interview july 26)

thank you
How about just being patient and waiting for the mail to show up to find out what’s in it as against trying to do some unnecessary detective work?
Anyway, you did apply for an EAD card which I’m guessing has not yet been received? There, mystery solved I suppose.

Hi again! Today we contacted tier1? live agent through EMMA. We told her that we had the interview on 6/24 and the FO said everything is okay, I am going to ask KCC the visa. Today, she said that our case is in Texas. I have a NIW I-140 approved (this approval came after we sent the I-485). When I asked to be more precise, she ended the chat.
Is that possible that our case went to Texas instead of KCC???

How and when did you find out it says address not known and it’s being returned back to USCIS?
just a few hours ago via tracking on usps. i called the post office but they did not pick up the call. it seems quite cumbersome to get it resent from uscis so i hope to recover it.

As per the spreadsheet timeline, the Philadelphia field office seems to send interview letters within a few days after the biometrics letter, but for me, it has been a month and a half since I did my biometrics, and there is no update regarding my interview yet. I was wondering if it is a good time to initiate a congressional inquiry?

I don't follow. Does what considered a Tier2 agent call-back?
Well, I requested an expedited review and someone should reach out to me within the next 7 business days (according to them). Is that a Tier2 agent call-back? If not, what would be the proper way to get on a call with Tier2 agent and what additional value can I get from them?

I won't bet on an expedite request's outcome. DV is already a prioritized category. So, an approved expedite request shouldn't make a whole lot difference. Although, if you have also applied for an EAD card, that might be a different story. But then again, you might get lucky only for the EAD card, not the GC.

I didn't apply for EAD. My way of thinking was that such a request for expedite review could be similar to a congressman inquiry - not necessarily expediting the process itself but rather making sure that the case is not lost or forgotten and getting a bit more info on its status. Is that reasonable assumption?

just a few hours ago via tracking on usps. i called the post office but they did not pick up the call. it seems quite cumbersome to get it resent from uscis so i hope to recover it.
I suggest you visit your nearest USPS office in person ASAP before they actually send it back to USCIS.