• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I was hoping to get some opinion on the timeline of my case. I submitted my application late April, and did my biometric appointment mid June. I haven't gotten any update since then. There are very limited info on my FO in past timeline, and timelines similar to mine, the majority of which has received updates on interview by now. I was wondering how long should I wait til I can submit a congressional inquiry?

Yeah, I must confess OP's post was a bit confusing for me. I interpreted the first part like you did. However the "now my case status shows "Card Was Returned To USCIS" part of the post made me assume OP meant to write I "couldn't" save it - anyway, let's hope the OP returns to clarify what they mean.
susie is right! i saved it which confused me about my case status.

I was hoping to get some opinion on the timeline of my case. I submitted my application late April, and did my biometric appointment mid June. I haven't gotten any update since then. There are very limited info on my FO in past timeline, and timelines similar to mine, the majority of which has received updates on interview by now. I was wondering how long should I wait til I can submit a congressional inquiry?
I’ll say give it like two more weeks before initiating a congressional inquiry.

Hello I did my bio on the 06/28. I didn't receive any updates yet. When its time to do a Congressional inquiry? and how it work that process? Thanks

Hello I did my bio on the 06/28. I didn't receive any updates yet. When its time to do a Congressional inquiry? and how it work that process? Thanks
Is your timeline listed on the Timeline Spreadsheet? It’s not as simple as guessing when is the best time to initiate a congressional inquiry. Seeing your timeline and being able to compare it with others will enable us better guide you, that’s why it adding your case to the timeline spreadsheet is important.

1. Yes you should plan on doing that.
2, 3, 4: This is a generic IL used by your FO. Don’t stress over what it says or requesting you bring along in this case. Just go in prepared with the DV applicable documents. Go with the copy of your medical reports and the original version of your personal documents, and anything else you feel might be of help to your case. Take a look at the Interview Tips tab of the AOS process spreadsheet if you haven’t already done so. And yes, you’ll be given the opportunity to submit an I-134 if the IO insists on it being required for your approval.
Just an update,

My wife (the principal applicant) also found her interview letter yesterday in our mailbox. It is the same exact letter as mine, dated the same, only the names are different. To my surprise, it did not have any postmarks or stamps and did not appear in the Informed delivery dashboard.

However, I am happy that we both got the letters before the interview.

Thank you!

Hi @Sm1smom,

I would like to ask you something. I got my and my daughter's SSC. But there is that sentence on them: "Valid for work only with DHS authorization." As I have been following this blog for months, I saw a lot of comments on it and your replies to them. This is one of those mistakes, right? I have been out of the USA for awhile. When I go back to the US, I will go to the Social Security Administration. I hope they issue a new card without this warning for me.

Hi @Sm1smom,

I would like to ask you something. I got my and my daughter's SSC. But there is that sentence on them: "Valid for work only with DHS authorization." As I have been following this blog for months, I saw a lot of comments on it and your replies to them. This is one of those mistakes, right? I have been out of the USA for awhile. When I go back to the US, I will go to the Social Security Administration. I hope they issue a new card without this warning for me.
Yes it is.

Hi @Sm1smom,

1. I have requested access to the timeline spreadsheet. How long does it take on average to get access?
2. I am in NC and my field office is in Charlotte. I submitted my application on 04/06/2022 and did my bio on 05/27/2022. It has been 58 days since my bio and I have not heard anything. But USCIS said my case is at my field office. Is it time to go for a congressional inquiry since the other cases I have seen in NC in previous years went pretty quickly compared to mine?

Thank you.

Hi @Sm1smom,

1. I have requested access to the timeline spreadsheet. How long does it take on average to get access?
2. I am in NC and my field office is in Charlotte. I submitted my application on 04/06/2022 and did my bio on 05/27/2022. It has been 58 days since my bio and I have not heard anything. But USCIS said my case is at my field office. Is it time to go for a congressional inquiry since the other cases I have seen in NC in previous years went pretty quickly compared to mine?

Thank you.
1. Your access request has been approved. In general, there’s no average approval time for the access request. It all depends on when I see the request, how busy I am, when the request was sent, etc.
2. Give it like maybe two more weeks before initiating a congressional inquiry.

1. Your access request has been approved. In general, there’s no average approval time for the access request. It all depends on when I see the request, how busy I am, when the request was sent, etc.
2. Give it like maybe two more weeks before initiating a congressional inquiry.
Thank you. I have updated the timeline with my info.

I will surely give it some more time. Thanks, @Sm1smom

Is your timeline listed on the Timeline Spreadsheet? It’s not as simple as guessing when is the best time to initiate a congressional inquiry. Seeing your timeline and being able to compare it with others will enable us better guide you, that’s why it adding your case to the timeline spreadsheet is important.
Hello, I just updated my timeline on the Timeline Spreadsheet. I did my bio on the 06/28. I didn't receive any updates yet. When its time to do a Congressional inquiry? and how it work that process? Thanks

Hello guys, yesterday I finally got my green card. I can not thank you all enough, specially @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for all the information and help you provide. It has been a long and stressful year but it was worth it in the end.

I hope everyone else has a successful outcome, I've updated the spreadsheet with my timeline in case it can help/encourage anyone.
Congratulations.

@Sm1smom
Hello mom, my number became current in April (2022AS9***)
I submitted all my papers on time and my biometric was on 05/17/2022 (walk-in)
There has been no update since that date, knowing that I called USCIS multiple times and all they can say is that "your application is being processed"
I double checked with the FBI and my background check is clear (submitted a request)
I submitted an expedite request and they replied to me via email saying that I should write to my local FO
Unfortunately the governor is not in office in Minnesota, so I wrote a letter to the Senator
It has been 68 days since the biometrics appointment and the clock is ticking ...

Please help me mom , I would really appreciate it.

Hello, I just updated my timeline on the Timeline Spreadsheet. I did my bio on the 06/28. I didn't receive any updates yet. When its time to do a Congressional inquiry? and how it work that process? Thanks
The information you have on the spreadsheet is incomplete. You need to add your FO to enable us see if there are other cases also with the FO, in order to compare your timeline with those. Use this link to determine your FO.

@Sm1smom
Hello mom, my number became current in April (2022AS9***)
I submitted all my papers on time and my biometric was on 05/17/2022 (walk-in)
There has been no update since that date, knowing that I called USCIS multiple times and all they can say is that "your application is being processed"
I double checked with the FBI and my background check is clear (submitted a request)
I submitted an expedite request and they replied to me via email saying that I should write to my local FO
Unfortunately the governor is not in office in Minnesota, so I wrote a letter to the Senator
It has been 68 days since the biometrics appointment and the clock is ticking ...

Please help me mom , I would really appreciate it.
Which country are you chargeable to? Seems to me like your case is stuck in background check clearance, if that is the case, there’s really nothing you can do about it until the background check clears. Your self requested FBI background check is not as exhaustive as that which gets conducted for immigration purposes, so the result of that unfortunately is immaterial. Governors’ offices do not assist with immigration related case follow up AFAIK, so your governor being in or out of the office is irrelevant to the process.
When yo say you wrote a letter to your senator, help me better understand precisely what you did. Did you use the senator’s website to initiate a case follow up request, or you basically wrote the senator discussing about your case?

Which country are you chargeable to? Seems to me like your case is stuck in background check clearance, if that is the case, there’s really nothing you can do about it until the background check clears. Your self requested FBI background check is not as exhaustive as that which gets conducted for immigration purposes, so the result of that unfortunately is immaterial. Governors’ offices do not assist with immigration related case follow up AFAIK, so your governor being in or out of the office is irrelevant to the process.
When yo say you wrote a letter to your senator, help me better understand precisely what you did. Did you use the senator’s website to initiate a case follow up request, or you basically wrote the senator discussing about your case?
Jordan but I do have a Syrian Citizenship also. The governor office told me to mail the senator since they do not offer services.
I mailed the senator asking her to help me with the case (same process as the governor's office). I submitted Helping with Federal Agencies request.

Jordan but I do have a Syrian Citizenship also. The governor office told me to mail the senator since they do not offer services.
I mailed the senator asking her to help me with the case (same process as the governor's office). I submitted Helping with Federal Agencies request.
Yeah, the Syrian connection is probably the reason for the pending background check clearance. And yeah, like I thought, the governor’s office does not assist with case follow up with USCIS. When did you reach out to the senator’s office?