• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Same! So relieved. Hope everything goes well for all of us moving forward.
pls update the spreadsheet if haven't done already. It looks like it takes about 2 weeks now to get acceptance notification. I made it thru one week, but my patience is already at its limit :)

Hi guys,

So I've been trying to contact KCC and change from CP to AOS, but I'm having a similar problem as some others on here. KCC replied last week with the generic response "Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application..etc"

I contacted my consulate and was actually able to get the DS-260 unlocked. I then contacted KCC again, but still got the same response even though the form is already unlocked. I feel if I update my address and resubmit the form, it's just going to get sent back to the consulate again since I'm not able to change the CP/AOS selection on the DS-260.

Would it cause any problem if I just leave the DS-260 unlocked for now, and go ahead and pay the DV fee first? Or is there anything else I could do?
If the embassy is able to unlock your DS260 form, it means KCC has already forwarded your case file to the previously indicated embassy. KCC therefore cannot implement the CP to AOS change you're requesting at that point, even though you are not yet scheduled for a CP interview. This is the reason anyone wishing to make the switch need to make sure they inform KCC before the case file gets forwarded to the embassy. That is what the email response is about. Updating the address field or leaving the DS260 file unlocked at this point makes no difference to the fact that the embassy already has the file, and KCC will not be able to send the same file to the FO (with jurisdiction over your address for AOS) when the FO reaches out to KCC to request the case file prior to approving the AOS application.

So yes, you can initiate the AOS process at this point if you're certain about proceeding with AOS. You will just need to bear in mind you may have to work directly with the embassy where your KCC case file is currently located to get it sent over to the FO with jurisdiction over the AOS application when you get to that stage.

If the embassy is able to unlock your DS260 form, it means KCC has already forwarded your case file to the previously indicated embassy. KCC therefore cannot implement the CP to AOS change you're requesting at that point, even though you are not yet scheduled for a CP interview. This is the reason anyone wishing to make the switch need to make sure they inform KCC before the case file gets forwarded to the embassy. That is what the email response is about. Updating the address field or leaving the DS260 file unlocked at this point makes no difference to the fact that the embassy already has the file, and KCC will not be able to send the same file to the FO (with jurisdiction over your address for AOS) when the FO reaches out to KCC to request the case file prior to approving the AOS application.

So yes, you can initiate the AOS process at this point if you're certain about proceeding with AOS. You will just need to bear in mind you may have to work directly with the embassy where your KCC case file is currently located to get it sent over to the FO with jurisdiction over the AOS application when you get to that stage.

Ok thanks for the info. I'm guessing this could cause some stressful delays at the end of the process. Have you heard of any AOS cases in previous years that had to get their embassy to send over the file to the FO?

Ok thanks for the info. I'm guessing this could cause some stressful delays at the end of the process. Have you heard of any AOS cases in previous years that had to get their embassy to send over the file to the FO?
None directly related to your situation readily comes to mind at the moment. The only similar case I can think of (for now) is the other way round. A selectee processing AOS who was able to walk into his home embassy on the spur of the moment and was able to secure an interview in the last one or two days of the FY.

Hi guys,

I mailed a cashier check ($330 DV fee) payable to US Department of State but I forgot to include the form. I have my case# on the check and my address and full name on the envelope as well. Should I expect them to cash the check or I've to mail another cashier check? Can I void the previous check and mail a new one?

Hello, I do have a question. I am a DV 2022 winner and my number is already current since April. I paid DV fee on March 7 and received the confirmation on March 28. I also received a letter from KCC aknowledging that I am with AOS process (I guess 2NL) on March 10. I did send the package to USCIS on April 11, but no response yet.

I also take a look to the CEAC data for April 23 on dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY22.html and I see that my case is in NVC and that my 2NL is not issued. Is this common?

Also, is there any change of status on CEAC website and/or DV program website I do have to be aware of?

Thank you in advance

I also take a look to the CEAC data for April 23 on dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY22.html and I see that my case is in NVC and that my 2NL is not issued. Is this common?

Also, is there any change of status on CEAC website and/or DV program website I do have to be aware of?
CEAC status never changes for cases doing AOS. It's always gonna be "At NVC"

Hi guys,

I mailed a cashier check ($330 DV fee) payable to US Department of State but I forgot to include the form. I have my case# on the check and my address and full name on the envelope as well. Should I expect them to cash the check or I've to mail another cashier check? Can I void the previous check and mail a new one?
In order to get back the payment receipt, I suggest you cancel the check you previously sent in and send in a new one - make sure you follow the instructions for including the form and the SASE this time around. The form which you did not include with the previous check is what gets stamped and sent back to you as your payment receipt. I'm not sure how a payment receipt will be mailed back if you did not include the form in the first place.

How will I know once my DV payment has been received? Do they email or send a letter to notify you? Thank you!
KCC does not automatically send out an email notification upon payment processing. They send back the payment receipt which is the form you originally included with your payment (with a paid stamp on it) if you included a SASE with your payment. They may send the payment receipt via email if requested under certain circumstances.

I got emailed a receipt, it has a stamp on it saying that the fee is paid!
You should probably provide more explanation about this, as KCC does not automatically email back the payment receipt.
1. Did you include a SASE with your payment?
2. Did you email KCC to request the receipt or the receipt simply showed up in your mailbox without any prompting from you?

Hey y'all,

Do they really use form G-1145? Are we going to receive texts or emails after our package is delivered?

Thanks

Hi All! My case is current for May and I already paid the DV fee. Regarding my status, I am now on my OPT and I am going to apply for the 2 year extension in June. I had applied for asylum in my first year of residence in the US, but I do find the receipt that USCIS sent me and thus the A number for that. Now I'm wondering whether it's OK to just include the A number that was given to me for the OPT application? There is a field on Form I-485 that said: "if you have EVER used other A-Numbers, include the additional A-Numbers". Thanks!!

Hey y'all,

Do they really use form G-1145? Are we going to receive texts or emails after our package is delivered?

Thanks
Form G-1145 allows you to request that USCIS send you a notification by email and/or text message once they have received and accepted your application package for processing. That's why the G-1145 is called “e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

PS: What do you mean by "Do they really use"? Do you think this is a practical joke from USCIS?

Hi All! My case is current for May and I already paid the DV fee. Regarding my status, I am now on my OPT and I am going to apply for the 2 year extension in June. I had applied for asylum in my first year of residence in the US, but I do find the receipt that USCIS sent me and thus the A number for that. Now I'm wondering whether it's OK to just include the A number that was given to me for the OPT application? There is a field on Form I-485 that said: "if you have EVER used other A-Numbers, include the additional A-Numbers". Thanks!!
Sorry, I meant "I cannot find the receipt from USCIS for my asylum application".

Sorry, I meant "I cannot find the receipt from USCIS for my asylum application".
Yes you can include the OPT A#. USCIS will eventually make the connection and will be able to locate your Asylum case as part of the review process.