• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello Sm1smom!

My case number has just gone current (June) so wanting to get all my ducks in a row! I've looked at the AOS package and ticked off almost all forms, have received my 2NL, sent in the DV payment, and am organising the civil surgeon appt. Was just looking at the timeline for previous years and checked the FAQs but still have a few questions.

1. How do you know whether to send your full application to Chicago or Pheonix?
2. How do I know which ASC to go to? Can I select any nearby or is this included in the NOA Letter when recieved?
3. Same as above but for the field office.

Thank you!
1. Where you send your package depends on your home address. Please refer to USCIS’s website for further information
2 & 3. Your ASC and FO are determined by your home address. You can find out in advance of being informed by using the USCIS and Office Locator link. You may try completing the bio at any ASC office (apart from your assigned ASC) after getting the bio notice. You however cannot select or visit any FO for the AOS adjudication.

Hello,

Should I send the filled taxes documents like forms 1040NR and everything? I only have transcripts for 2020, so I decided to send everything that I have for 2019, 2020, and 2021. Is it too much? or is it fine?

Thanks.
You can do so if you like.

One more question. The CS entered an A# on top of my I-693 form I gave them from a past OPT / EAD card. Not sure if the same No. then needs to go on the I-485. Or should leave it empty, then the two forms would not match. Thank you for any help.
Enter the same number on your forms.

1. You might want to think carefully about that plan. Would you have taken a gap semester if you hadn’t been selected as a DV lottery winner, and would doing so keep you in a legal status?

2. Assuming your AOS package gets rejected for one reason or the other by the lockbox which means it gets sent back to you, you do realize you will no longer be eligible to submit a new AOS application after May 9th if you proceed with taking the gap semester as planned?

3. Let’s say you show up for your interview and the IO asks what are you currently doing, and you say you took a gap semester after filing for AOS, (it’s not like you’ve graduated or lost your job after filing and automatically rolled into adjustment pending status), you intentionally took a gap semester, do you think the IO will be favorably disposed to that response?

I think you need to carefully ruminate over the three questions above before deciding on proceeding as planned. Or maybe I don’t understand what you mean by taking a gap semester.
Thank you for your answer, I have a follow up question: what counts as an individual currently in adjustment status? Is it when one receive an NOA?

Hello,
A question about filing. My number became current in February but I was having issues with my passport and i have just now been able to get a new one. Does filing this late cause any issues? Can I even file now as so much time has passed since the number became current.

Thanks

1. Identify and locate your House of Representative using the below link
2. Click on their profile to go to their website
3. Find the contact us section on their website, you may need to drill down to the section that says "Help with a Federal Agency" or something similar to that
4. Follow whatever instructions they've provided/provide whatever information they're asking for in order to help you follow up on your case with USCIS.

Thank you for your reply i couldn't find the link in your message but i contacted second senator in Iowa and i was wondering how long would it take for them to get back to me regarding my inquiry?

Hello :)
I assume that the letter of Bio first appears online first in my account, then in a few days will be mailed. May I print out the online letter and take it with me to the Bio center?

Hello,
A question about filing. My number became current in February but I was having issues with my passport and i have just now been able to get a new one. Does filing this late cause any issues? Can I even file now as so much time has passed since the number became current.

Thanks
No issues with filing anytime after your number become current

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply i couldn't find the link in your message but i contacted second senator in Iowa and i was wondering how long would it take for them to get back to me regarding my inquiry?
I got a response from the caseworker in my congresswomen's office within the next business day. But how can we tell how does the office of "second senator in Iowa" handle immigration related inquiries?

I assume that the letter of Bio first appears online first in my account, then in a few days will be mailed. May I print out the online letter and take it with me to the Bio center?
Did not appear online for me at all. I'm assuming that was the case for all other DV applicants last year. But if you get your hands on it before it arrives in post, you can certainly do that. It is just a piece of paper.

Thank you for your answer, I have a follow up question: what counts as an individual currently in adjustment status? Is it when one receive an NOA?
One is considered to be in an adjustment pending status when they fall out of their current status and they have no other status while their AOS application is pending with USCIS. An application is considered pending (which is a different terminology from from an adjustment pending status) after it has been formally received by the Lockbox - the evidence of this acceptance is when the acceptance NOA gets issued.

Hello,

Thanks
You can file anytime after the CN becomes current for as long as the applicable FY is not yet over.

How long it takes cannot be predicted. Some of those congressional staffers respond within a day or two, others may take several days/weeks to get back. They all operate independently.

For DV based AOS applications, they unfortunately haven't been diligent with uploading mailed correspondence in the online account. However if yours gets uploaded, you most certainly can print it out and use it for the bio appointment in place of the copy that eventually gets mailed.

USCIS have updated I-134 today. We have already finished the I-134 (old Version) and about to send the package as our case is current from first of MAY.
1. Should we submit the new one or can we proceed with one we have? (It looks totally different and requires a tax transcript from the person who support and required documents don't look clear for me)
2. In the instructions page says B,F or M nonimmigrants requesting change of status, may fill I-134. Does it mean all who do AOS with B,F or M must submit I-134 even derivatives? In our case Primary is F2 and derivative F1.

USCIS have updated I-134 today. We have already finished the I-134 (old Version) and about to send the package as our case is current from first of MAY.
1. Should we submit the new one or can we proceed with one we have? (It looks totally different and requires a tax transcript from the person who support and required documents don't look clear for me)
2. In the instructions page says B,F or M nonimmigrants requesting change of status, may fill I-134. Does it mean all who do AOS with B,F or M must submit I-134 even derivatives? In our case Primary is F2 and derivative F1.
1. Per USCIS -"Starting June 27, 2022, we will only accept the 04/25/22 edition. Until then, you can use the 02/13/19 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
2. The instruction says "may". It is left for each applicant to decide if they wish to do so or not (by waiting until it is requested).

This new form allows an applicant to act as their own sponsor if they have the required resources and assets to do so - this makes it easier for them to demonstrate they're unlike to become a public charge (without the IO spending so much time trying to figure this out by reviewing several financial documents submitted by the applicant), unlike the previous version which could only be filled by a third party sponsor. So yes, if an applicant/beneficiary is submitting the I-134 on his or her own behalf, the applicant/beneficiary is required to include their personal IRS tax transcript.

1. Per USCIS -"Starting June 27, 2022, we will only accept the 04/25/22 edition. Until then, you can use the 02/13/19 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
2. The instruction says "may". It is left for each applicant to decide if they wish to do so or not (by waiting until it is requested).

This new form allows an applicant to act as their own sponsor if they have the required resources and assets to do so - this makes it easier for them to demonstrate they're unlike to become a public charge (without the IO spending so much time trying to figure this out by reviewing several financial documents submitted by the applicant), unlike the previous version which could only be filled by a third party sponsor. So yes, if an applicant/beneficiary is submitting the I-134 on his or her own behalf, the applicant/beneficiary is required to include their personal IRS tax transcript.
Since we send the package this week I'm afraid Is it still fine with old version? Obviously we will send before June 27, 2022.

So yes, if an applicant/beneficiary is submitting the I-134 on his or her own behalf, the applicant/beneficiary is required to include their personal IRS tax transcript.
I'm F2 dependent and primary applicant. I have a sponsor. So still, is it ok if the Sponsor submit W2 + 3Pay slips + Biographic page of Passport (For US citizens) as mentioned in spread sheet ?