• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

If your FO is the same as @ivanze (you both have Los Angeles listed as your FO), your IL will probably show up not too long from now. @ivanze filed in October (you filed in November) and only got their IL a couple of days ago, April 18th to be precise. Looks like your FO waits a while to schedule the interview (the LA FO is one of those FOs that tends to do that, or they wait towards the end of the FY and batch all DV cases around the same time for interview).

p.s. do update your info on the Timeline spreadsheet to help other members and yourself too.
Hi sm1smom,
I was looking at LA FO 2018 and 2019 timelines and they seem to be pretty normal. Why do you think timelines may have changed now in 2022?My bio was done on March 14th and status change was on march 30th to case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but I haven't yet received any news of when my interview will be. Would love to hear your thoughts?
Thanks so much.

Hi sm1smom,
I was looking at LA FO 2018 and 2019 timelines and they seem to be pretty normal. Why do you think timelines may have changed now in 2022?My bio was done on March 14th and status change was on march 30th to case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but I haven't yet received any news of when my interview will be. Would love to hear your thoughts?
Thanks so much.
How about 2020 and 2021, what do those show? The change could be due to one or many reasons such as case backlogs due to COVID-19 impact, change in FO Director leading to a change in FO policy, change in IO responsible for adjudicating DV based AOS cases, higher FO workload, etc.

Hi sm1smom,
Thanks so much.
Because LA FO is the busiest and slowest in the country, IMO

I am wrapping up organizing my application documents. I and my derivates were issued I20 several times: the original; when we got endorsed for travel; when I requested and approved for CPT, OPT, and STEM OPT. Should I include all of these or just the original; and the ones I received when I got approved for OPT and STEM OPT? I asked because I could not find all those I20s I received for travel.

Hi SF folks @dji and ATM (couldn't tag you)
I see that you received your interview letters this Saturday. Seems like SF office is batching applicants, so I was expecting a IL soon too, but did not receive it yet.
1. Did your case status change to interview ready to be scheduled => scheduled? Mine has been showing "Case updated to show fingerprints were taken" for 40 days now
2. Did the process go on its own or you used some help from tier 2 agents to schedule the interview?

Thanks!
PS. requested access to put my timeline in the spreadsheet as well

Yes pretty sure I have submitted my G1145. Also have been calling my bank on my cashier's check status and it has not been cashed yet
I'm on the same boat. I have been anxious about it and trying to be patient. My package was delivered on 4/2, a Saturday, and I started wondering if that affected anything. I sent in an email on 4/19 and haven't heard back.

I am wrapping up organizing my application documents. I and my derivates were issued I20 several times: the original; when we got endorsed for travel; when I requested and approved for CPT, OPT, and STEM OPT. Should I include all of these or just the original; and the ones I received when I got approved for OPT and STEM OPT? I asked because I could not find all those I20s I received for travel.
I've been in the same boat - thought I missed a few I20's. Although generally it's your responsibility to keep all those I20's, your university likely stores past docs in archive. You can reach out to DSO/International Students Office and request copies/scans (can take a while tho).
My impression was that USCIS mostly cares about the ones with work authorization endorsements.

Hi SF folks @dji and ATM (couldn't tag you)
I see that you received your interview letters this Saturday. Seems like SF office is batching applicants, so I was expecting a IL soon too, but did not receive it yet.
1. Did your case status change to interview ready to be scheduled => scheduled? Mine has been showing "Case updated to show fingerprints were taken" for 40 days now
2. Did the process go on its own or you used some help from tier 2 agents to schedule the interview?

Thanks!
PS. requested access to put my timeline in the spreadsheet as well
Hey @crazycatlover
Yes, I also now feel this way about SF FO sending letters in batches. My status is still "Case updated to show fingerprints were taken" and it has been like that since 2 March when I did my bio. I didn't contact USCIS in any way but from the comments in the spreadsheet, it seems that ATM did.

I hope you will receive your invitation in the next couple of weeks!

Here's what is recommended on the AOS Process Spreadsheet under the Proof of maintaining valid status while in the US cell:
Copy(ies) of the current and past I-20 (If applicable).

You may decide to not include all the past I-20s if you feel you have some other means of demonstrating you have consistently maintained a valid status throughout your stay in the US. Also note, you should be sending copies, not the original. The original is for your personal record, if you send the original with your AOS package, they will not be returned to you.

Hello all,
I sent my application in OCT and i did my bio in NOV but i havent heard anything ever since my package is with national benefit center. It has been 7 months now and im wondering what if they dont process it till sep 30. Is there a way to follow up on it?
Thanks very much

Hi Sm1smom, I did my bio-metric on March 14th, and no update after that. My situation here is that I do have a summer internship offer (starting next month) and I also have pending EAD (I765) that I included with my AOS application. It is very unlikely that I will receive my EAD or my case will be approved this soon. So can I go ahead and apply for CPT through my school? Will applying for CPT affect my AOS application? I am in F-1 status. Thank you in advance.

Hello all,
I sent my application in OCT and i did my bio in NOV but i havent heard anything ever since my package is with national benefit center. It has been 7 months now and im wondering what if they dont process it till sep 30. Is there a way to follow up on it?
Thanks very much
Seems like your case may be stuck under a prolonged Administrative process, which could be tied to your chargeability country, or places you've visited in the past, or your name being a "hit", or your background study/work experience being TAL related. This Penn State material can help shed a bit more light on prolonged AP and TAL related courses.

Which country are you chargeable to and which is your FO by the way? Answers to these two questions may help shed more light as to what is going on with your case.

Hi Sm1smom, I did my bio-metric on March 14th, and no update after that. My situation here is that I do have a summer internship offer (starting next month) and I also have pending EAD (I765) that I included with my AOS application. It is very unlikely that I will receive my EAD or my case will be approved this soon. So can I go ahead and apply for CPT through my school? Will applying for CPT affect my AOS application? I am in F-1 status. Thank you in advance.
Yes, you can still apply for CPT. It will not impact your pending AOS application.

Seems like your case may be stuck under a prolonged Administrative process, which could be tied to your chargeability country, or places you've visited in the past, or your name being a "hit", or your background study/work experience being TAL related. This Penn State material can help shed a bit more light on prolonged AP and TAL related courses.

Which country are you chargeable to and which is your FO by the way? Answers to these two questions may help shed more light as to what is going on with your case.
Im sorry i dont know what those means, what is chargeable country and what is FO?

Im sorry i dont know what those means, what is chargeable country and what is FO?
Chargeable country = birth country/your DV eligible country
FO = Field Office - the USCIS Field Office with jurisdiction over your home address/the office that will adjudicate you AOS application. Link below for finding your FO

Chargeable country = birth country/your DV eligible country
FO = Field Office - the USCIS Field Office with jurisdiction over your home address/the office that will adjudicate you AOS application. Link below for finding your FO

My field office is Des moines in iowa and my case is with NBC now.
My country is Iran

My field office is Des moines in iowa and my case is with NBC now.
My country is Iran
Thanks for confirming your chargeability country, I believe your case has been in AP due to a pending background check clearance. Most nationals of the following countries tend to experience prolonged background check clearance:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.

You should initiate a congressional inquiry at this point by reaching out to your House of Rep person and asking for them to assist with case follow-up with USCIS.

Thanks for confirming your chargeability country, I believe your case has been in AP due to a pending background check clearance. Most nationals of the following countries tend to experience prolonged background check clearance:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen.

You should initiate a congressional inquiry at this point by reaching out to your House of Rep person and asking for them to assist with case follow-up with USCIS.
Thank you for your reply. Would you mind to help me in that regard of whom do i need to contact to and what inquiry i should have ?