• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thanks @Sm1smom .
I thought those are my last questions, but this one is:

I once wanted to come to the U.S as an undergrad to join a community college. I was denied the visa with no stamp on my passport of the time. I received a letter saying that I have not shown enough evidences that I will return back to my country. This happened in 2010 and since 2017 I am in the US for my PhD studies. In the 485 form, if we reply “NO” to any of questions like “have you ever been denied a visa or entry”, we are required to add additional explanation on it. Am I right? What should I write as an additional information. I am not quire sure what the reasoning behind rejecting my Student Visa at the time (when I was 18) was and years has passed since then. Do I need to absolutely comment on it? Thank you!

Hello,

This link says that we should send our documents to Nebraska, Chicago, or Arizona, depending on which state we live. For instance, if I live in Oklahoma, do I have to send my package to Arizona lockbox?

Thank you

look again, it's only Phoenix and Chicago.

Thanks @Sm1smom .

I once wanted to come to the U.S as an undergrad to join a community college. I was denied the visa with no stamp on my passport of the time. I received a letter saying that I have not shown enough evidences that I will return back to my country. This happened in 2010 and since 2017 I am in the US for my PhD studies. In the 485 form, if we reply “NO” to any of questions like “have you ever been denied a visa or entry”, we are required to add additional explanation on it. Am I right? What should I write as an additional information. I am not quire sure what the reasoning behind rejecting my Student Visa at the time (when I was 18) was and years has passed since then. Do I need to absolutely comment on it? Thank you!
If you have been denied a Visa, you should not reply "NO". Provide a concise response as to why you were denied a visa : e.g. "Insufficient evidence."

Last edited:
If you have been denied a Visa, you should not reply "NO". Provide a concise response as to why you were denied a visa : e.g. "Insufficient evidence."
I might have written “NO” by mistake. But I did not say No! I said yes I was denied a Visa and my question is: What should I explain about it? I don’t know if insufficient evidence was the reason for my rejection. I am not sure what the reason was. I can only tell why I applied for that visa and where and that I got rejected. Does that make sense to you? Or is this not enough? Thank YOU for your time and response.

Thanks @Sm1smom .

I might have written “NO” by mistake. But I did not say No! I said yes I was denied a Visa and my question is: What should I explain about it? I don’t know if insufficient evidence was the reason for my rejection. I am not sure what the reason was. I can only tell why I applied for that visa and where and that I got rejected. Does that make sense to you? Or is this not enough? Thank YOU for your time and response.
You received a letter telling you why the application was denied, list that in the additional information section. That is what they already have in the system.

I just edited my previous response as I realized it wasn’t the right response after going over your post again.

@Sm1smom What if I don’t have that letter anymore and I cannot remember what was written in it? :(
Your initial post says you received a letter “saying that I have not shown enough evidences that I will return back to my country”, and now you say what if you can’t remember what was written on it ? - makes no sense to me. It’s not like they’re asking you to write verbatim what was written on the letter, nor are they asking you to provide this letter.

Your initial post says you received a letter “saying that I have not shown enough evidences that I will return back to my country”, and now you say what if you can’t remember what was written on it ? - makes no sense to me. It’s not like they’re asking you to write verbatim what was written on the letter, nor are they asking you to provide this letter.

That’s right. They gave me a letter 12 years ago and I have a vague memory of what was written inside. I cannot possibly be sure, but I THINK (not sure) that it said sth about “not having shown enough evidence for going back to the home country”. So I will just write all of these, but I thought there should be a different way for handling this than writing an essay on something vague I remember and that I am not sure at the end but I know for sure that the visa got denied and where the embassy and what the application was for. Anyways, thank you for your response and time. I guess I will write exactly that I am not sure but add what I vaguely remember.

That’s right. They gave me a letter 12 years ago and I have a vague memory of what was written inside. I cannot possibly be sure, but I THINK (not sure) that it said sth about “not having shown enough evidence for going back to the home country”. So I will just write all of these, but I thought there should be a different way for handling this than writing an essay on something vague I remember and that I am not sure at the end but I know for sure that the visa got denied and where the embassy and what the application was for. Anyways, thank you for your response and time. I guess I will write exactly that I am not sure but add what I vaguely remember.
I think this link can help both understand the difference and get a clue on wording: https://www.artistsfromabroad.org/i...als-nonimmigrant-intent-insufficient-evidence

Being concise on the form generally helps. I'd put something like "Couldn't establish nonimmigrant intent sufficiently for my XX visa in XXXX year."

(ps: I'm your fellow DV applicant tho, so don't consider the above as a legal advice :) ).