• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello,

The USCIS website says we should use the latest edition of Form I-693 (edition date: 09/13/21), but this edition has already expired by 03/31/2022. The authorized doctor told me we should use the latest edition and the expiration date does not matter. I'm a little bit confused about which form to use. The previous edition is not expired yet.

Here is the link to the USCIS website for the I-693 form:

Thanks.

Hello,

The USCIS website says we should use the latest edition of Form I-693 (edition date: 09/13/21), but this edition has already expired by 03/31/2022. The authorized doctor told me we should use the latest edition and the expiration date does not matter. I'm a little bit confused about which form to use. The previous edition is not expired yet.

Here is the link to the USCIS website for the I-693 form:

Thanks.
This best answers your question.

1. Hint provided on the form for questions 18 - 24: “this is about when you last entered the US:” - that tells you the question is not about whether you have a current “visa” tied to your current status or not.

2. Question 26 is also related to when you last entered the US, not the current I-94 that got issued through a change of status (COS), and not adjust of status (AOS) by the way.

3. There’s nothing to correct at a deferred inspection site in this case, this is minor. Use your discretion with listing the name, either way will be fine.

4. PCC is not required for AOS if you’ve never been arrested, charged or convicted.
Thanks so much - that's very helpful (and sorry for mixing up AOS and COS - I'm glad you clarified or I might have confused some people!)

I also have another question - Is it ok to complete the medical exam in a different U.S. city to where you live?

Thanks so much - that's very helpful (and sorry for mixing up AOS and COS - I'm glad you clarified or I might have confused some people!)

I also have another question - Is it ok to complete the medical exam in a different U.S. city to where you live?
Not a problem as long as the doctor is on USCIS’s civil surgeon list.

Do I need to create an account with UCCIS to receive e-communications? how ?
You may create an account, if you wish, for case monitoring purpose:

Hello,

My documents have beed translated by a certified translator in and institution in my home country during 2017 and 2019, do they need to be recently translated? Or is it fine to send the 2017, 19 translations?

Thanks.

Good morning y'all.
I think I'm ready to send my package today.

1. Other than sending the form G-1145, do we need to do anything else for properly tracking status and receiving verbose notifications along the way?

2. While I couldn't find any, is there any difference between shipping services to use?

3. I'm verifying the content against the "AOS package" sheet in the Spreadsheet. I also labelled each person's folder with info about the case #, name, submission type ("Original") following examples on the "AOS Package Assemble" sheet. Any additional considerations? Do you guys take detailed photos of the package in case they lost anything?

Thank you.

Hello,

My documents have beed translated by a certified translator in and institution in my home country during 2017 and 2019, do they need to be recently translated? Or is it fine to send the 2017, 19 translations?

Thanks.
Those translations should be fine to use as is.

1. Yes, that is fine.
2. Use the address for your AOS package
3. Leave Middle Name section blank if you have no Middle Name.
4. The work of a notary typically is for signature verification purpose. If your two witnesses are fluent in both English and the language in which the documents were originally issued in, then they should just translate the document and attach a statement certifying their fluency in both languages. Same thing with your B/C by the way. That is the instruction that I am aware of for handling translated documents, not for one person to translate and for someone else who had nothing to do with the translation to certify the authenticity of the translation(s).
4. Early filing is early filing, it doesn't matter if the early filing is by one day, one week, or one month. Rejection of package due to early filing by one day can and has happened in the past. You'll need to decide on your own without any input from me on what you should do in this case.
Hi Sm1smom:

Should we write the check ($1225) to US department of homeland security or US department of sate for AOS?

Good morning y'all.
I think I'm ready to send my package today.

1. Other than sending the form G-1145, do we need to do anything else for properly tracking status and receiving verbose notifications along the way?

2. While I couldn't find any, is there any difference between shipping services to use?

3. I'm verifying the content against the "AOS package" sheet in the Spreadsheet. I also labelled each person's folder with info about the case #, name, submission type ("Original") following examples on the "AOS Package Assemble" sheet. Any additional considerations? Do you guys take detailed photos of the package in case they lost anything?

Thank you.
1. I suggest you take a look at Step 12 of the "AOS Process" tab on the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
2. Your call.
3. You really do tend to over analyze stuff is all I can say at this point. What will you use the photo for? To demonstrate you sent everything should in case they loose a document you already sent? It doesn't work that way with USCIS.
News Flash: Yes they can loose something you already sent and require you to re-submit it. Should that happen, will you rather waste valuable time trying to demonstrate you already submitted the requested document or resubmit ASAP as requested?

EDIT: Of course you can take photos of your package for your personal record, but certainly not for the purpose of "in case they lost anything"

Last edited:
Yay, finally! I just shipped mine as well. The F5 button is gonna burn :p

Edt: I'm willing to participate in tracking spreadsheet, but it does not look like I can edit it.

Last edited: