• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Yeah; Cmd A (Ctrl on Windows)> Cmd C> Cmd V, into a spreadhsheet. Aka, copy and paste it lol.
Thanks. That does not work particularly well and all the formatting gets lost. Chances are high that Sm1smom might have copies available for downloading somewhere.

Thanks. That does not work particularly well and all the formatting gets lost. Chances are high that Sm1smom might have copies available for downloading somewhere.

File> download .xlxs, do you not get this?

Attachments

• ScreenGrab 2022-04-22 at 1.03.09 am.png
    ScreenGrab 2022-04-22 at 1.03.09 am.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
I guess these are my last questions before sending out the package to USCIS. Thank you @Sm1smom again!

1- You said before not to put N/A or NA in the middle name part of I-485. There are several other spots where my name and middle name should be filled. Should I leave all of these three spots on the form empty or just the first page? For all the other things which are not applicable to me, I have used "N/A" and "None". So if I leave my middle name in all spots empty, it is inconsistent. Also, some say N/A is fine and NA without the slash is not fine since they think the middle name is "NA".
Please advise. Just so you know, the three spots are part 14. item 1.a-c and part 1 28.a-c and of course part 1 1.a-c.

2- I am a Ph.D. student who has been always employed by the university either as a Graduate Researcher or a Teacher Assistant. This past two months, however, I am technically on a fellowship and not employed by the university meaning that my tuition and costs were covered and I am getting a stipend. For the employment part, should I say I am employed by the University till the present or till the end of last quarter when I was a teacher assistant? In all cases, I am fully funded by the university just that on a fellowship I don't receive paychecks. I have added the paychecks for the fellowship to my financial documents.
For the employment letter also, I have asked my department to explain this situation since I technically again am not an employee yet working at the Uni as a fellow graduate student.

I appreciate your time and response! Thanks.
1. If you see how the immigration doctor roughly and harshly filled in the application, you will never care about NA, N/A and you will reach an idea that they seems not too picky

I'm not sure which payment method I should use to pay the filing fee for Form I-485. Right now, I'm in Michigan. According to the website USCIS Updates Fee Payment System Used in Field Offices, most field offices will only accept personal checks, attorney checks, business checks, debit cards, credit cards, and reloadable prepaid credit or debit cards.
Is this to say that I shouldn't pay my fees with a money order or a cashier's check?

Hello all,

Just an update on SSN. Even though I marked that I need a new SSN on I-485 I didn't receive a card even after two weeks. So I decided to go to my local SSA office and they told me they don't have anything pending on their end so I had to apply for a new card with them on that day.:(
So it might be better to visit your local SSA office after about a week since you get the GC to avoid any delays. I suppose they could look if there is a pending application so you can plan accordingly.
Hope it helps someone. Good luck all!

I'm not sure which payment method I should use to pay the filing fee for Form I-485. Right now, I'm in Michigan. According to the website USCIS Updates Fee Payment System Used in Field Offices, most field offices will only accept personal checks, attorney checks, business checks, debit cards, credit cards, and reloadable prepaid credit or debit cards.
Is this to say that I shouldn't pay my fees with a money order or a cashier's check?
You will be including your payment with your AOS package since you cannot file for AOS directly with your FO, right? The Lockbox, and not your FO will be processing the payment so the FO listed acceptable forms of payment is not applicable to you. You can make the payment by credit card, or cashier’s check, or personal check, or money order.

So it has been 22 days (including weekends) since my AOS package has been received, but no acceptance text nor NOA yet.
Just sent them an email today and see how it goes.

So it has been 22 days (including weekends) since my AOS package has been received, but no acceptance text nor NOA yet.
Just sent them an email today and see how it goes.
Did u have the g1145 form with ur stuff? If not did you check if they cashed your check?

Hi all, I am confused about if I need to bring an I-864 to my interview. In my appointment notice under the section entitled “bring with you to the appointment” it lists, “An affidavit of support (Form I-864) and all of the documents requested in the instruction sheet to the I-864….”

My income is above 125% of HHS Poverty Guidelines.

Based on the wording of the documents I received, I think these are general instructions. I was even given instructions on documents needed if I am petitioning for my spouse. I have never been married nor have dependents. The final page was an additional instructions document checklist for those filing on the basis of marriage. In that checklist, it restates that I would need to include the I-864 in this case.

Do you think these were general instructions? Do you recommend I fill out an I-864, or should I just bring all the documents in my application sent to the lockbox (including past tax returns, W-2s, employment verification letters, and paychecks)?

Last edited:
Hi all, I am confused about if I need to bring an I-864 to my interview. In my appointment notice under the section entitled “bring with you to the appointment” it lists, “An affidavit of support (Form I-864) and all of the documents requested in the instruction sheet to the I-864….”

Based on the wording of the documents I received, I think these are general instructions. I was even given instructions on documents needed if I am petitioning for my spouse. I have never been married nor have dependents. The final page was an additional instructions document checklist for those filing on the basis of marriage. In that checklist, it restates that I would need to include the I-864 in this case.

Do you think these were general instructions? Do you recommend I fill out an I-864, or should I just bring all the documents in my application sent to the lockbox (including past tax returns, W-2s, employment verification letters, and paychecks)?
Yes, this is a general letter. No need to provide the I-864 if you meet all the requirements about income. Just bring with you all the supporting documents.

Generic IL. Ignore the I-864 request, not applicable to DV based AOS applications even if you had a spouse who was applying with you as your derivative.

Hi all!

I just got the Bio letter in the mail. I was wondering if walking in earlier is a good option.

1. Will going earlier speed up my case? Namely, will it 'unlock' any further part of the process, like interview scheduling?
2. On the NOA letter, they specify that I should only go on my appointment time and date because of COVID-19 safety measures. Can I still go before my appointment?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all!

I just got the Bio letter in the mail. I was wondering if walking in earlier is a good option.

1. Will going earlier speed up my case? Namely, will it 'unlock' any further part of the process, like interview scheduling?
2. On the NOA letter, they specify that I should only go on my appointment time and date because of COVID-19 safety measures. Can I still go before my appointment?

Thanks in advance.
1. In general, attempting a bio walk-in is always recommended. For cases that could potentially end up in prolonged background check clearance, the sooner the bio gets done the better. For FOs that do not schedule the interview appointment until after the bio appointment takes place or the background check clears, the sooner the bio appointment gets completed, the better.
2. All the bio notices specify only going for the bio appointment as scheduled due to COVID-19 safety measures, but it is worth giving an earlier walk-in attempt a shot IMO. Of course there’s no guarantee as to if a walk-in attempt will be allowed or not. It all depends on the ASC personnel.

1. In general, attempting a bio walk-in is always recommended. For cases that could potentially end up in prolonged background check clearance, the sooner the bio gets done the better. For FOs that do not schedule the interview appointment until after the bio appointment takes place or the background check clears, the sooner the bio appointment gets completed, the better.
2. All the bio notices specify only going for the bio appointment as scheduled due to COVID-19 safety measures, but it is worth giving an earlier walk-in attempt a shot IMO. Of course there’s no guarantee as to if a walk-in attempt will be allowed or not. It all depends on the ASC personnel.
Thanks for the super useful answer. I'll give it a shot then.

dear forum members,

My case number is 2022EU2XXX with AOS and the NOA letter receive date is 12/14/2021. The bio was done in January. But since then I haven't heard anything from the USCIS. Is this normal?
Hi Blackeagle, did your status change to Case is Ready to be scheduled for an interview and if yes, since which date? My bio was done on March 14 and case status had changed to Case is Ready to be scheduled for interview on March 31st but since then waiting for interview date. I am also LA FO. Hoping we hear soon on our interview dates.