• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

You should probably provide more explanation about this, as KCC does not automatically email back the payment receipt.
1. Did you include a SASE with your payment?
2. Did you email KCC to request the receipt or the receipt simply showed up in your mailbox without any prompting from you?
1. I sent a money order through USPS
2. KCC emailed the receipt to me after 3weeks without any prompting from me (sent mid July, received it at the beginning of august)

1. I sent a money order through USPS
2. KCC emailed the receipt to me after 3weeks without any prompting from me (sent mid July, received it at the beginning of august)
You did not answer the first question asked. Did you include a SASE (and the applicable form) with the payment?

No question but I feel like I have aged a few years going through this process. Thank god for this forum I don’t feel so alone through this.
Agree, Sharon.
Part of the problem is that the process is still paper based (no option to file electronically forms or evidences, or to make digital payments).
This adds a considerable amount of time. Anyhow, it is a struggle that is worth it.
I know that the administration is putting efforts to digitalize applications (not for I-485 yet), so I believe that in the next years the process will be streamlined.

Where you able to make the Bio and/or the interview, yet, @Sharon27 ?

Agree, Sharon.
Part of the problem is that the process is still paper based (no option to file electronically forms or evidences, or to make digital payments).
This adds a considerable amount of time. Anyhow, it is a struggle that is worth it.
I know that the administration is putting efforts to digitalize applications (not for I-485 yet), so I believe that in the next years the process will be streamlined.

Where you able to make the Bio and/or the interview, yet, @Sharon27 ?
My bio is scheduled for 5/12 so not yet. I attempted to walk in early but was unsuccessful. I am alittle concerned with how long my background/FBI check will take because I am from Malaysia. And also have some anxiety about the quota being reached before I make it to the interview. Completely agree the struggle is worth it. :)

My bio is scheduled for 5/12 so not yet. I attempted to walk in early but was unsuccessful. I am alittle concerned with how long my background/FBI check will take because I am from Malaysia. And also have some anxiety about the quota being reached before I make it to the interview. Completely agree the struggle is worth it. :)
Let's keep fingers crossed, Sharon.
I am still waiting for the NOA and I hope as well that quotas won't get reached by the time of my interview
Next couple of months are going to be interesting :)

Let's keep fingers crossed, Sharon.
I am still waiting for the NOA and I hope as well that quotas won't get reached by the time of my interview
Yes, good luck man. I am staying hopeful but trying not to be over hopeful. That way I won’t be devastated if I don’t get it but pleasantly surprised if I do .

@Sm1smom

I have a couple questions if you don't mind!

1. My husband has previously gone for an AOS before winning the DV lottery and the case was abandoned after requesting for more information. So for the question - Have you ever applied for an immigrant visa to obtain permanent resident status at a US embassy or US consulate abroad? What do we put there? And if we put yes, do we then say it was withdrawn?

2. We are submitting an affidavit of support but it was and signed last year in August. Does it matter that it was last years tax information? Should we get them to re-sign it with updated and more recent information or will this suffice?

3. Following on from the above. If we have an affidavit of support, do we need to submit any of my husband's (holder of the O-1) financial documents?

No I didn’t
So that is the reason KCC emailed you, the emailed you the payment receipt since you did not include the SASE with your payment. It is important to clarify that because KCC in general does not email to acknowledge when the DV fee has been received or processed, which I believe is what the person who original asked about acknowledgment of payment notification was about.

@Sm1smom

I have a couple questions if you don't mind!

1. My husband has previously gone for an AOS before winning the DV lottery and the case was abandoned after requesting for more information. So for the question - Have you ever applied for an immigrant visa to obtain permanent resident status at a US embassy or US consulate abroad? What do we put there? And if we put yes, do we then say it was withdrawn?

2. We are submitting an affidavit of support but it was and signed last year in August. Does it matter that it was last years tax information? Should we get them to re-sign it with updated and more recent information or will this suffice?

3. Following on from the above. If we have an affidavit of support, do we need to submit any of my husband's (holder of the O-1) financial documents?
1. This should be a NO, since he never applied through CP.
2. Using more current tax transcripts/information is preferable.
3. It wouldn’t hurt to include them.

In order to get back the payment receipt, I suggest you cancel the check you previously sent in and send in a new one - make sure you follow the instructions for including the form and the SASE this time around. The form which you did not include with the previous check is what gets stamped and sent back to you as your payment receipt. I'm not sure how a payment receipt will be mailed back if you did not include the form in the first place.
Hi Mom, thanks for the quick reply. I sent a new one (money order this time), including the form with SASE. It's already been deducted from my bank account. How can I check if it's cashed or not by the US Department of State? I went to the bank for the previous cashier's check, and they said there is a $30 fee if you want to void it, but the banker said you can wait for a week and see if they will send the previous one back to you. What do you think?

1. This should be a NO, since he never applied through CP.
2. Using more current tax transcripts/information is preferable.
3. It wouldn’t hurt to include them.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply and for helping all of us with this process!

I just have a couple of follow up question re: affidavit of support

1. is it okay to just add the updated tax information to the back of the i-134 that was dated and signed in August 2021 or fill out a new entirely form with the updated tax information for this year?
- If we do need to fill out a new form, I assume it is best to use the updated i-134 form even though we will be ready to file early May prior to the June 27th cut off date?

Hi Mom, thanks for the quick reply. I sent a new one (money order this time), including the form with SASE. It's already been deducted from my bank account. How can I check if it's cashed or not by the US Department of State? I went to the bank for the previous cashier's check, and they said there is a $30 fee if you want to void it, but the banker said you can wait for a week and see if they will send the previous one back to you. What do you think?
They will not send the check back just because they may not be able to send back a payment receipt, the check will be cashed so you need to void it if you do not want to end up paying twice. There are different ways of tracking money order (depends on who you purchased it from). This article is a good place to start from on money order tracking.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and for helping all of us with this process!

I just have a couple of follow up question re: affidavit of support

1. is it okay to just add the updated tax information to the back of the i-134 that was dated and signed in August 2021 or fill out a new entirely form with the updated tax information for this year?
- If we do need to fill out a new form, I assume it is best to use the updated i-134 form even though we will be ready to file early May prior to the June 27th cut off date?
The information on the I-134 should match the information on the supporting documents you plan on sending in. You can still use the old form, if you’re able to find a copy, or go with the new one. As long as the application is accepted before June 27th, there’s no problem with using the old one.

If we are doing AOS should we be worried about the regional quotas? Or just the worldwide quota?

I'm OC region and think I heard our quota is only around 850. Looking at the CEAC data there have already been 231 visas issued and another 512 ready, so not far from 850.

If we are doing AOS should we be worried about the regional quotas? Or just the worldwide quota?

I'm OC region and think I heard our quota is only around 850. Looking at the CEAC data there have already been 231 visas issued and another 512 ready, so not far from 850.
from my understanding, if worldwide quota is hit its game over. If your regional quota is hit, there is a chance of redistribution from other regions for unused visas. I am from Asia region, numbers looks scarily close as well…

Lol neither, they ain’t reaching any quotas. That’s certainly what one of the lawsuits is fighting for, i.e., not meeting their target.

Lol neither, they ain’t reaching any quotas. That’s certainly what one of the lawsuits is fighting for, i.e., not meeting their target.
That is true in the beginning. The lawsuits seems to have worked they have been making up for the slack earlier on… if they keep up the pace, there is a chance they reach quota just my opinion.

Hello,

We've just got our bio notices. It's going to be on May 18th. I updated the spreadsheet too. I noticed that @ccwp18 is from Seattle did walk-in for bio. Our appointment will be at Tukwila, Seattle. May I ask you how your walk-in experience was in Seattle @ccwp18 ? Is there any particular time/hours for it to have a better chance to do that?