• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Is it possible to speed up the DV process to be interviewed earlier? My bio has been waved, but I have not received the interview notice yet. My current status is OPT (expires in 20 days) and I do not want to apply for OPT STEM. Thank you for your help in advance.

Last edited:
from my understanding, if worldwide quota is hit its game over. If your regional quota is hit, there is a chance of redistribution from other regions for unused visas. I am from Asia region, numbers looks scarily close as well…
How do you see Asia region is quota is close its quota?
From CEAC, currently only ~2200 issued so far. From pre-covid history, the numbers hit approximately 5-6K. So we are still at the midway of hitting there.

How do you see Asia region is quota is close its quota?
From CEAC, currently only ~2200 issued so far. From pre-covid history, the numbers hit approximately 5-6K. So we are still at the midway of hitting there.
Yup, you are right. But 4167 is ready. Which means they received 2nl. Of course not all 4167 will be issued some no shows and refusals…

@AlmostDone I saw it on the google maps review. Someone left a comment two years ago saying that they're open to walk-in from 8 am to 10 am. So I just went there around 8:30 am. Originally the security wasn't willing to let me in. But he later checked with another guy and let me in. There were only two other groups there for bio. It only took me around 5 mins to go through the whole process.

Hey guys, please keep this thread on track for discussing AOS related process only. Conversations around CEAC, visa numbers, etc can be taken to the VB thread or someone can create a new thread for it if they like. This thread is strictly for discussing AOS related issues only. Subsequent none AOS related posts will be moved or deleted.

Is it possible to speed up the DV process to be interviewed earlier? My bio has been waved, but I have not received the interview notice yet. My current status is OPT (expires in 20 days) and I do not want to apply for OPT STEM. Thank you for your help in advance.
DV based AOS cases are already prioritized. Your AOS application will not be fast tracked on the basis of your OPT being about to expire and you not wanting to apply for OPT STEM. It doesn’t work that way. If you had included form I-765 with your AOS package, you may be able to get the EAD card expedited in that case, not the GC approval itself.

So depending on if you included the I-765 with your application and when you filed as a matter of fact, you had better start looking into OPT STEM if you don’t want to stop working.

Reactions: MMo
DV based AOS cases are already prioritized. Your AOS application will not be fast tracked on the basis of your OPT being about to expire and you not wanting to apply for OPT STEM. It doesn’t work that way. If you had included form I-765 with your AOS package, you may be able to get the EAD card expedited in that case, not the GC approval itself.

So depending on if you included the I-765 with your application and when you filed as a matter of fact, you had better start looking into OPT STEM if you don’t want to stop working.
in relation to MMo inquiry, I remember seeing in some USCIS manual mentioned that DV based AOS cases should be prioritized but was not able to find that reference anymore. does anyone have that reference from the manual? thanks!

in relation to MMo inquiry, I remember seeing in some USCIS manual mentioned that DV based AOS cases should be prioritized but was not able to find that reference anymore. does anyone have that reference from the manual? thanks!
AFAIK, the there’s no section on the USCIS Manual stating DV cases should be prioritized. However, this post links to what could be termed an official source with reference to prioritizing DV based AOS applications.

Yes, Thank you!!

This is what I was referring to I did not know it was not a manual, still learning a lot about the process and thanks again for the guidance.

For my personal learning, since this is not a manual, what it is exactly and what is the source? thanks!

Yes, Thank you!!

This is what I was referring to I did not know it was not a manual, still learning a lot about the process and thanks again for the guidance.

For my personal learning, since this is not a manual, what it is exactly and what is the source? thanks!
Did you click the link? Did you read the attachment it leads to - link to the attachment at the end of the post? The source and what it is called are all on the attachment itself, that is the reason I posted it in addition to quoting what it says.

@AlmostDone I saw it on the google maps review. Someone left a comment two years ago saying that they're open to walk-in from 8 am to 10 am. So I just went there around 8:30 am. Originally the security wasn't willing to let me in. But he later checked with another guy and let me in. There were only two other groups there for bio. It only took me around 5 mins to go through the whole process.
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I will try to do the same next week. I hope it goes well.

@Sm1smom Just looking through the i-131 and i-765 requirements. We were wanting to do this to be cautious as we both have older parents and want to have the ability to visit if they get sick while we are waiting for this to process. As well as the small chance the work permit may come earlier than the AOS.

What would we put in Part 4. - 'Information about your proposed travel' section.

Something like "To visit a family member IF they fall Ill" ?

It's very confusing as they say you need to have an intended date of travel?

If you could give me a rough example of what to put in that section it would be greatly appreciated!

@Sm1smom Just looking through the i-131 and i-765 requirements. We were wanting to do this to be cautious as we both have older parents and want to have the ability to visit if they get sick while we are waiting for this to process. As well as the small chance the work permit may come earlier than the AOS.

What would we put in Part 4. - 'Information about your proposed travel' section.

Something like "To visit a family member IF they fall Ill" ?

It's very confusing as they say you need to have an intended date of travel?

If you could give me a rough example of what to put in that section it would be greatly appreciated!
You’re not bound by the date you put on the form. So pick any date that speaks to you - of course you’ll need to reword the purpose of the planned trip. Use your discretion.

I was about to ask a question about the walk-in bio, should this be between 8 to 10 or any time? @Sm1smom, any information?

I was about to ask a question about the walk-in bio, should this be between 8 to 10 or any time? @Sm1smom, any information?
Is your bio in Seattle, at the same place? If so, and the Google review was recent, probably.

If not, why not contact your ASC… There’s Google reviews for my local ASC from people saying they walked in at 2pm, and were in and out within 20 minutes… without an appointment. To me it seems like each ASC is different.

Is your bio in Seattle, at the same place? If so, and the Google review was recent, probably.

If not, why not contact your ASC… There’s Google reviews for my local ASC from people saying they walked in at 2pm, and were in and out within 20 minutes… without an appointment. To me it seems like each ASC is different.
No not Seattle. I checked the reviews but nothing is mentioned. I agree they can be different

It is a “walk-in” - could be attempted at any time between the work hours. There’s no guarantee, it is an “attempt”. It all depends on the ASC workload, how busy they are as at the time the attempt is made, the ASC personnel themselves (their willingness to take in walk-ins or not), etc. Some folks have successfully done walk-ins early in the morning, mid-day, just before lunch, late afternoon, just before closing, etc. It’s a matter of luck.

You probably want to get your DV based AOS processing handled by the NBC. I don’t know if Nebraska is familiar with DV cases, the NBC on the other hand is a lot more familiar with those and are aware DV based AOS applications are time limited and should be fast-tracked in terms of scheduling the bio appointment and subsequently forwarding the case file to the applicable FO with jurisdiction over the case.

Thank you for your response. I haven't had a chance to talk to a Tier 2 officer yet, unfortunately. However, I chatted with Emma twice. In the first chat, I was told "The Nebraska Office is aware of the case being sent to the NBC. You will need to just wait for it to be transferred." and in the second chat I was told that I have to make a transfer request and see if it is accepted or not, however, they didn't respond how I can make a transfer request.

Unfortunately, I haven't received the biometric notice yet. I'd like to ask how I can make a transfer request? Moreover, can I just send another I-485 package (again with new I-693 and checks) which hopefully this time it is transferred to NBC? Is it possible two have I-485 packages with the same underlying reason?

DV-based AOS cases are already prioritized. Your AOS application will not be fast tracked on the basis of your OPT being about to expire and you not wanting to apply for OPT STEM. It doesn’t work that way. If you had included form I-765 with your AOS package, you may have been able to get the EAD card expedited in that case, but not the GC approval itself.

So depending on whether you included the I-765 with your application and when you filed, as a matter of fact, you had better start looking into OPT STEM if you don’t want to stop working.
True. However, I was hoping to ask them. Since USCIS has a kind of similar situation for the NIW process, the applicant can request an expedited review. I know that applicant must have a reasonable cause to be accepted by USCIS. Also, the process time line provided by USCIS is important. I just hoped to have the same thing for DV cases.. Thank you for your help.