• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Just sharing my bio walk in experience here in case this helps some one.

ASC: Des moines
Bio schedule date: 5/12

1st walk in attempt: 4/25 Unsuccessful
2nd walk in attempt: 5/3 Successful

Both times the place was empty. Same guards. They seemed more lenient if you arrive closer to scheduled date at this ASC.
Mine was a successful walk-in in Grand Rapids, MI. Scheduled on 5/20, Walk-in on 5/2. However, they asked for the "reason" for doing it earlier as they were looking for a valid reason.

No, my apologies. After clarification from other users and going back to review the pages, I learned that the $330 DV Fee should be paid to "US Department of State" and the I-485 fee should be paid to "US Department of Homeland Security".

Regarding the traffic violation, I found another example in the forum and your response was:

So other than disclosing the ticket in Part 14, do I need to send a copy of the violation payment receipt along with the Form I-485? Because I see in the AOS spreadsheet that we should include "Court Records/Documents". Does that also apply to traffic violations?

One more question. Would you advise providing proof of residence such as the lease or utility bill?
1. Here's what the I_485 instruction says about submission of Court Records (Certified Police and Court Records of Criminal Charges, Arrests, or Convictions) (as in who needs to submit):

You must submit certified police and court records for any criminal charges, arrests, or convictions you may have:
A. If you were EVER arrested or detained by a law enforcement officer for any reason anywhere in the world, including the United States, and no criminal charges were filed,
B. If you were EVER charged for any reason (even if you were not arrested) anywhere in the world, including the United States,
C. If you were EVER convicted or placed in an alternative sentencing or rehabilitative program (such as probation, drug treatment, deferred adjudication, or community service program) anywhere in the world, including the United States,
D. If you EVER had any arrest or conviction vacated, set aside, sealed, expunged, or otherwise removed from your record anywhere in the world.
In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license. However, you must submit such documentation if the traffic incident resulted in criminal charges or involved alcohol, drugs, or injury to a person or property

2. Proof of residence is not required for AOS filing.

Yes indeed. Even after providing pre-filled I-485 examples showing different acceptable ways in which the form could be filled out, something I did not do in the previous years by the way.
Thanks for putting your precious time into enriching this forum, Mom! The number of people who would have lost this opportunity by the time they figured out their way, getting their rejected documents resubmitted just before the deadline, getting RFEs, etc., is enormous. I hope life gives it back to you when you need it the most; And I hope you never need it!

1. Here's what the I_485 instruction says about submission of Court Records (Certified Police and Court Records of Criminal Charges, Arrests, or Convictions) (as in who needs to submit):

You must submit certified police and court records for any criminal charges, arrests, or convictions you may have:

D. If you EVER had any arrest or conviction vacated, set aside, sealed, expunged, or otherwise removed from your record anywhere in the world.
In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license. However, you must submit such documentation if the traffic incident resulted in criminal charges or involved alcohol, drugs, or injury to a person or property

You might say I'm overthinking it again, but the more I read this, the more I'm confused about the italicized portion. Is it traffic (fines and incidents) or (traffic fines) and (incidents)?

You might say I'm overthinking it again, but the more I read this, the more I'm confused about the italicized portion. Is it traffic (fines and incidents) or (traffic fines) and (incidents)?
Reads exactly like it’s written: traffic fines and incidents… i.e., traffic fines (citation) and incidents (caught littering in the street).

“relating to traffic fines (citation) and incidents (caught littering in the street) that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 (caught littering in the street) or points on your driver’s license (citation)

Sorry I'm not going down that rabbit hole. This is one instance I'm happy to follow an earlier suggestion from you re "highlighting the recommendation to use own discretion"

Hi,

Do we need to sign behind the cashier's check? It already had the cashier's signature on the front. I didn't sign, is that going to be a problem?

Thanks.

I'm planning to submit my AOS packet this week. I'm current in June, and I'm trying to work out if submitting this week would be considered early filing. I saw on the AOS spreadsheet that early filing "is the filing of applications for AOS, approximately 50 to 60 days in advance of actual DV visa availability. The Advanced Notification section of the VB enables persons to file their Form I-485 applications prior to the time a DV visa becomes “immediately available.” - If your CN is listed under the Advanced Notification of the VB (SECTION C), you may wish to take advantage of this and send in your AOS package early (following the VB release)."

Excuse me if this is a silly question, but my case is current in less than 50 days, but is still in section C of the visa bulletin. Any advice on whether to include the early filing memo with my application? Thanks!

I'm planning to submit my AOS packet this week. I'm current in June, and I'm trying to work out if submitting this week would be considered early filing. I saw on the AOS spreadsheet that early filing "is the filing of applications for AOS, approximately 50 to 60 days in advance of actual DV visa availability. The Advanced Notification section of the VB enables persons to file their Form I-485 applications prior to the time a DV visa becomes “immediately available.” - If your CN is listed under the Advanced Notification of the VB (SECTION C), you may wish to take advantage of this and send in your AOS package early (following the VB release)."

Excuse me if this is a silly question, but my case is current in less than 50 days, but is still in section C of the visa bulletin. Any advice on whether to include the early filing memo with my application? Thanks!
Early filing is filing one day or any other more number of days before the 1st day of the month in which the CN is current.

Hi everyone, I already submitted my DS260 using Consular Processing but now want to switch to AOS. The instructions in the excel spreadsheet say DS260 is optional, so should I just skip to Step 5 and pay the $330 administrative fee to DOS?

Also does paying the $330 fee void my current CP path?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I already submitted my DS260 using Consular Processing but now want to switch to AOS. The instructions in the excel spreadsheet say DS260 is optional, so should I just skip to Step 5 and pay the $330 administrative fee to DOS?

Also does paying the $330 fee void my current CP path?
I found the answer, no need for any replies thanks!

Hi @Sm1smom I apologize, this question has probably been answered a million times but I want to make sure I do it correctly!
Who do we make the $1225 check out to? And also clarifying it is a single check with the total amount, not two individual checks of $1140 and $85?

Thank you in advance :)

Hi @Sm1smom I apologize, this question has probably been answered a million times but I want to make sure I do it correctly!
Who do we make the $1225 check out to? And also clarifying it is a single check with the total amount, not two individual checks of $1140 and $85?

Thank you in advance :)
One cashier’s check (or personal check, money order) for the total amount payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”.
Make sure to write in the memo for “I-485 Application and Biometric Services Fee”.

Hello, Would it cause a problem if applicant/petitioner's first name was misspelled on the form G-1145 eNotification?

Hi @lolopolo, @español

I've seen from the spreadsheet that you sent To Chicago Lockbox a few weeks ago.
Did you receive the acceptance text yet?
I am still waiting too. It has been 17 days and no sign (either acceptance or money order cashed)